ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Has anyone else on CP still not received their federal tax return.
bdj23 11:08 AM 07-14-2020
I filed this shit back at the end of March. Every time I check the IRS website it says it's still "processing". Tax day is tomorrow and I cant even get a human on the other end of the line when I call the IRS.

Is anyone else dealing with this crap? It's not a lot of $ I'm owed (basically break even with what I owed state) but it's still my money and I'd like to get it.

What's their problem?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:18 AM 07-14-2020
COVID
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:55 AM 07-14-2020
Yeah. You have to REALLY want to talk to someone at the IRS.

I think there’s a place on the website that says where’s my refund or something to that effect. Maybe that’s where you’re getting your in process message.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:59 AM 07-14-2020
It's a combination of Covid and the the Stimulus package.

Basically, IRS is running on a skeleton crew because of shut downs, and that skeleton crew has to prioritize stimulus over refunds.

You're not alone BDj23, it's affecting millions of people to my understanding. They're so behind that they can't even adequetly send out letters to update people on why it's taking so long.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:02 PM 07-14-2020
I RECEIVED A ROCK HARD ERECTION WHEN THE CHIEFS EXTENDED STONE COLD CHRIS JONES
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:04 PM 07-14-2020
you will have to call
[Reply]
Hoover 12:05 PM 07-14-2020
What’s a tax return?
[Reply]
bdj23 12:06 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's a combination of Covid and the the Stimulus package.

Basically, IRS is running on a skeleton crew because of shut downs, and that skeleton crew has to prioritize stimulus over refunds.

You're not alone BDj23, it's affecting millions of people to my understanding. They're so behind that they can't even adequetly send out letters to update people on why it's taking so long.
I figured it was a combination of the two, but going on months and months with no letter or even able to talk to the IRS had me worried. Basically I'm the only person I know that this has happened to, and I wanted to see if anyone here had the same experience.

And if so, what to do to expedite it. I'm not really worried about the $ per say.. I'm more worried about "something" being wrong and having no real way to get it fixed.

I found a reddit thread that had several people in the same situation as me. But it offered no real advice other than sit and wait and lol good luck talking to someone.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:08 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
you will have to call
My wife and I have called them dozens of times. I've gotten a real person on the end once. I was told I had the wrong department, transferred and hung up on. That was well over a month ago.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:15 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
What’s a tax return?
Return-filed long ago.

Refund-applied to next year. They would have gotten it somehow anyway.
[Reply]
Spott 12:16 PM 07-14-2020
What’s a tax return?
I was wondering the same thing. They damn sure accepted my payment pretty quick in April.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:17 PM 07-14-2020
What’s a tax return?
Yep

Sending my check for 2019 to the FEDS tomorrow, along with my 1st and 2nd Qtr estimates.
[Reply]
R Clark 12:18 PM 07-14-2020
What’s a tax return?
No shit
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:21 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Yep

Sending my check for 2019 to the FEDS tomorrow, along with my 1st and 2nd Qtr estimates.
Already sent two in this year.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:36 PM 07-14-2020
Think I filed mid March and got my refund in just over 3 weeks.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up