ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 38
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out
Dante84 07:59 PM 06-30-2020
Well shit.

Or I won’t play. @LeVeonBell told me about this

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 1, 2020

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

I'm not saying this means anything, but I'm also not here to tell @RealMNchiefsfan he can't choose to believe. pic.twitter.com/I93PzdsUNm

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) July 12, 2020

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Breaking: #Chiefs and DT Chris Jones have reached agreement on a contract extension, per @mortreport.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) July 14, 2020

Dante84 10:22 PM 06-30-2020
Ya know, I don’t find it surprising that on the last day of the final month, he puts public pressure on. 15 days to bang as many pots and pans to try and spur movement from the Chiefs.

I think this tweet and it’s timing were very calculated. The only person that benefits from no noise is the Chiefs. Now they’re in the public eye, dealing with questions and will have to fight a two front war - one at the negotiation table, and one in the media.
PunkinDrublic 10:26 PM 06-30-2020
I would hope Veach would learn from the previous regimes mistakes with Tamba, Justin Houston and Eric Berry. Losing Chris Jones will hurt no doubt about it, but if we want the Chiefs to be a dynasty we’ve got to be able to make the tough decisions and not let ourselves get tied down by these contracts for defensive players. Let the Jerrahs and other incompetent GM’s of the world do what bad organizations do. I love Chris Jones but we need to prepare for life without him.
srvy 10:49 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I would hope Veach would learn from the previous regimes mistakes with Tamba, Justin Houston and Eric Berry. Losing Chris Jones will hurt no doubt about it, but if we want the Chiefs to be a dynasty we’ve got to be able to make the tough decisions and not let ourselves get tied down by these contracts for defensive players. Let the Jerrahs and other incompetent GM’s of the world do what bad organizations do. I love Chris Jones but we need to prepare for life without him.
Careful people like dlphg9 will paint you a moron. Because he thinks money grows in an orchard and there is no limit to spending. The rules can be shit on that's how you become NE.
RealSNR 10:50 PM 06-30-2020
True story. I first heard about Le'Veon Bell watching a random Michigan State game years ago. Bell was having a stellar game, and the announcers were excitedly saying his name with every big play he made, but I had never heard of him or seen his name in writing. And I swear to God... it was the announcer who was doing the game and some sort of weird accent he had... I thought for the entire game this guy's name was Labia.

Anyway... I wouldn't be listening to Labia's labia, Chris. Dude fucked away a year's worth of solid money all so he could make less than his asking price that he wanted from the Steelers. And the worst part is because he priced himself out like that, not only did he miss out on an entire season of good money, but his stats took a huge beating playing for that shitfuck franchise led by a bottom 5 NFL head coach, which means he'll likely not see the end of that Jets contract and the next one he earns from another team is going to be "prove it" money.

It was a bold strategy, but for being all about thinking about total money in the longterm, Labia is going to lose compared to what he could have made had he compromised with the Steelers.

If you want your money, don't listen to Labia fucking Bell.
patteeu 10:54 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Bell was franchised a second time and it was clear Pittsburgh planned on running him into ground and getting rid of him. IIRC, the long term contract they offered didn't have that much guaranteed. I would have sat out if I was Bell.

I think the league should get rid of the franchise tag. Teams have to use it to not be at a disadvantage, but it causes so much bad blood. Get rid of it and its still a level playing field.

RBs in particular get screwed by the tag.
The tag helps the majority of players who aren’t franchise quality because it helps keep the stars from eating up all the cap.
patteeu 10:55 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I’m with you on this.
tx4chiefs 11:17 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
If he wants to be that greedy . **** him. I have no sympathy for anybody that will bitch about making more money in one year than I'll make in my lifetime. **** him and trade him to the Bengals and let him rot.
More money then 10 of us in our lifetimes. Prima Donna's really. Pro sports money is ridiculous anymore.
PunkinDrublic 11:23 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Careful people like dlphg9 will paint you a moron. Because he thinks money grows in an orchard and there is no limit to spending. The rules can be shit on that's how you become NE.
We’ve got to be able to fall back on our organizations ability to draft and develop players. That doesn’t mean we become Green Bay and not spend money via free agency. We can spend money wisely to fill holes but I think Veach is smart to realize that you can’t let yourself get anchored down by bad contracts. Go get paid Chris nobody blames you.
Halfcan 11:26 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:

Taking contract advice from Bell is probably not a great idea. :-):-)
bringbackmarty 12:25 AM 07-01-2020
Doesn't matter if he holds out or not. There will not be any nfl this season.
TwistedChief 01:35 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I don't hate on CJ for wanting to get every dollar possible, especially now that he already is a world champion and has the ring to prove it.

Now its time to get the money, it just probably wont happen in KC

all the best CJ, thanks for helping win the Super Bowl
Exactly. The guy showed up huge in the biggest game of his lifetime. He has to do what's best for himself now. Good luck to him.

Having said that, big loss for our defense if he's gone.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:36 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Exactly. The guy showed up huge in the biggest game of his lifetime. He has to do what's best for himself now. Good luck to him.

Having said that, big loss for our defense if he's gone.
100% agree
Redbled 02:03 AM 07-01-2020
So if Jones sits out aren’t we right back in this same spot next year?
KChiefs1 02:28 AM 07-01-2020
Should have traded him.
crazycoffey 03:00 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
If he wants to be that greedy . fuck him. I have no sympathy for anybody that will bitch about making more money in one year than I'll make in my lifetime. Fuck him and trade him to the Bengals and let him rot.
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Know the difference between 16 Million & 20 Million?

4 Million. That’s a Lot to leave on the table. It’s all relative.
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Do it in increments he understands. Imagine you've got to stroke 20 hogs off but you only get to keep the juice from 16. Still feel like jacking those last four?
Or imagine making 4 million more and not getting another Super Bowl, possibly dampening the hall of fame chances..... everything is relative. Works both ways
Page 4 of 38
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up