ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Where would you like to move in the good old USA or Internationally
I would never move I live in paradise. (Where do you live) 13 20.31%
i would never move out of the USA but I could see myself living in? 12 18.75%
If the country has problems I would consider moving internationally. My points of interest are? 12 18.75%
I would love to live internationally at some point. My points of interest are? 27 42.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 21
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Moving Nationally or Internationally
BIG_DADDY 04:23 PM 07-31-2018
If you were going to move would you consider an international move ever? If you were going to pick another spot in the good old USA where would you like to be? For me I could see Austin in my not too distant future. If our country goes hard left I would have to look at the options at that time but I am going to start the process next year. I would love to look at Panama. I have seen several clients and friends move over the years. The most popular places have been Costa Rica, Philippines, Equador and Brazil but I know a lot of Brazilians. i can't forget Monaco for those with a lot of cash.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:11 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by teedubya:
This looks great. I'm going to check into this spot... Love the location.
I was originally considering San Pedro Belize, but the cost of living has gone through the roof over there at this point. Roatán is basically the same thing at half the cost.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:11 PM 07-31-2018
God I love Alaska. I think if I'd first gone up there 30 years ago instead of 2016 I'd be living there now.
[Reply]
scho63 06:11 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Canada would be a really easy transition. Obviously.

Could live in most places in Europe or Australia. Any place I could communicate would be good, as long as it doesn't get unbearably hot and humid.
You can't migrate to Canada very easily as an American. :-)

Australia is also very, very difficult.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:12 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Shag:
Not weird at all - PC is awesome. Would love to have a place there.

Yeah but it's so cheap to visit it might not even be worth it to own. Bonus: the weird alcohol laws would prevent me from getting as drunk as I do in other places. Go up to the bar order a shot and a beer and you get the beer. What gives? Oh you can have the shot when you're done with your beer. Thanks, Mormon Dad!

Originally Posted by Rain Man:

Frisco (Little mountain town near the Continental Divide. It's very high which means snow, but it's pleasant and you can climb 1,000 feet or so inside town if you want exercise)

I always stay in Frisco, Silverthorne or Dillon when I'm in skiing the Summit.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:16 PM 07-31-2018
I would love to and plan on moving from the midwest when my kids are grown and on their own. I'd love to live in Europe, but will probably settle somewhere closer to the west-coast. Ideally Montana, Idaho, Utah or Nevada.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:16 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Yeah but it's so cheap to visit it might not even be worth it to own. Bonus: the weird alcohol laws would prevent me from getting as drunk as I do in other places. Go up to the bar order a shot and a beer and you get the beer. What gives? Oh you can have the shot when you're done with your beer. Thanks, Mormon Dad!

I always stay in Frisco, Silverthorne or Dillon when I'm in skiing the Summit.
You also can't order alcohol when children our present. Save the childrens!
[Reply]
Bwana 06:18 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
God I love Alaska. I think if I'd first gone up there 30 years ago instead of 2016 I'd be living there now.
I lived up there for a year in the mid 80's. I think the guy to girl ratio was like 100/1 and generally the 1 was nothing to write home about. I have been up there a few times since and it has really changed. There were plenty of good looking ladies running around. I remembered thinking, if it would have been like this when I lived here, I never would have left and that's the truth.

With that said, the summer was great with all the sun, but the winter was a real bitch with no sun. There were a lot of people depressed walking around sucking on the gun barrel.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:19 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I lived up there for a year in the mid 80's. I think the guy to girl ratio was like 100/1 and generally the 1 was nothing to write home about. I have been up there a few times since and it has really changed. There were plenty of good looking ladies running around. I remembered thinking, if it would have been like this when I lived here, I never would have left and that's the truth.

With that said, the summer was great with all the sun, but the winter was a real bitch with no sun. There were a lot of people depressed walking around sucking on the gun barrel.
Yeah, I can see that. I was there for a week in September, so the day/night ratio was normal.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 06:34 PM 07-31-2018
I was originally considering San Pedro Belize, but the cost of living has gone through the roof over there at this point. Roatán is basically the same thing at half the cost.
I just got through at looking at some of the luxury houses there you can get for under a million. WOW I imagine the rental income off that would be huge until you got there.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:36 PM 07-31-2018
My cousin moved to australia and he loves it.
[Reply]
Shag 06:37 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Yeah, the UT liquor laws are a bit ridiculous. The curtain of Zion is my favorite - how they thought that was somehow useful, I'll never understand. The tap/bottle beers with regard to ABV make no sense, either - I can't have draft beer > 4% ABV, but I can get higher ABV bottles to drink at the same establishment. Mormons are funny.
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:00 PM 07-31-2018
When the time comes, I'm seriously considering retiring in Roatán Honduras.

https://internationalliving.com/coun...atan-honduras/
My daughter was there about a year ago and that was by far her favorite place she has ever visited. And she has traveled quite a bit.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:00 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I just got through at looking at some of the luxury houses there you can get for under a million. WOW I imagine the rental income off that would be huge until you got there.
This guy has some good YouTube videos that will give you an insiders look at the area.

TJ Lynch
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:02 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
You can't migrate to Canada very easily as an American. :-)

Australia is also very, very difficult.
If you’re some kind of a tradesman, you might get rubber stamped. There are shortages of people to do that kind of work, and some countries fast track people with skills they are short on.
[Reply]
Strongside 07:06 PM 07-31-2018
I’ll have a house in either Austria or Belgium when I retire. I have an office in Belgium but frequent Austria...both great people, great food, great culture, and most importantly...great beer.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 21
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up