ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Where would you like to move in the good old USA or Internationally
I would never move I live in paradise. (Where do you live) 13 20.31%
i would never move out of the USA but I could see myself living in? 12 18.75%
If the country has problems I would consider moving internationally. My points of interest are? 12 18.75%
I would love to live internationally at some point. My points of interest are? 27 42.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Moving Nationally or Internationally
BIG_DADDY 04:23 PM 07-31-2018
If you were going to move would you consider an international move ever? If you were going to pick another spot in the good old USA where would you like to be? For me I could see Austin in my not too distant future. If our country goes hard left I would have to look at the options at that time but I am going to start the process next year. I would love to look at Panama. I have seen several clients and friends move over the years. The most popular places have been Costa Rica, Philippines, Equador and Brazil but I know a lot of Brazilians. i can't forget Monaco for those with a lot of cash.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:27 PM 07-31-2018
Canada would be a really easy transition. Obviously.

Could live in most places in Europe or Australia. Any place I could communicate would be good, as long as it doesn't get unbearably hot and humid.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:30 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Canada would be a really easy transition. Obviously.

Could live in most places in Europe or Australia. Any place I could communicate would be good, as long as it doesn't get unbearably hot and humid.
I am going to Sydney next year. Europe has too many taxes as does Canada and I don't like the cold all that much.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:31 PM 07-31-2018
I’ve traveled most of the world. I missed the good ole USA too much. It’s not just home but where I feel most comfortable with the society and culture.

If it’s just one place you can live in this hypothetical situation, I guess there is no where in the USA I would like to live except where I’m already living.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:40 PM 07-31-2018
I visited Colorado for the first time ever (32 years old) and was blown away, so Colorado.
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:50 PM 07-31-2018
If(when?)I move, it would be back to KC. Then, one day, to Maui to live out my days.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:57 PM 07-31-2018
I'm not interested in the tropics, other than Hawaii. Too hot. So no Brazil, Philippines, Caribbean, etc. Plus, all of the Caribbean islands I've been to have been rather dumpy in terms of infrastructure.

No place with lots of corruption.

No place in the eastern USA. I love the western landscape and culture. If I'm in America, I'll be in the west.

No place where the Americans have weird accents. Give me a prime-time television accent, please.

No third world countries where I get hassled on the street by people trying to sell me stuff. On my recent freighter journey, I was physically grabbed by people on the street in both Hong Kong and Vietnam, trying to stop me to give me their sales pitch. Any country where people do that can go to h-e-double-toothpicks.

I could live in a country where English isn't the main language, as long as it's widely spoken. I'm too old to learn a new language.

With those rules in place, here are my top ten places to live on this particular summer day, taking into account general cost of living.

1. Denver. Hey, I like it. It's ideal in a lot of respects.
2. A beach city in the LA area, e.g., Laguna Beach. Small-town living in a major metro area.
3. Juneau or Kodiak in Alaska. Just because it's gorgeous. My wife would veto this, but I would vote for it.
4. Paris, France. I'd deal with the language just to live there.
5. Some place in Utah or western Colorado near the cool parks and rocks.
6. The central coast of California, perhaps.
7. Hawaii, though I'd worry that I'd miss the seasons.
8. Maybe Santa Fe.
9. I'm running out of options. Sydney? Sydney's nice, but it's expensive.
10. Maybe Toronto or Quebec City?

I really liked Japan when I was there, but realistically I wouldn't live there. Cambodia was intriguing, because you could get services there and it was still cheap, but it was really hot. I could probably do London or Scotland.

Edit: ideally, I'd be a vagabond and move to different places for six months at a time. I could really enjoy that type of existence.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:59 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I visited Colorado for the first time ever (32 years old) and was blown away, so Colorado.
I really don't understand why the entire US population doesn't live in Colorado and southern California.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:01 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I really don't understand why the entire US population doesn't live in Colorado and southern California.

I really would like to move to Colorado but I hate winter and I think Missouri winter is bad enough.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:03 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I really would like to move to Colorado but I hate winter and I think Missouri winter is bad enough.
Our winters in Denver are overrated. Cold weather isn't bad when there's low humidity, and the snow is often really light and fluffy.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:07 PM 07-31-2018
Most places, you can't just go and live there because you want to. You have to immigrate legally and it isn't always easy, particularly if you need to work.

That being said I have met people a few times who were moving to Costa Rica. Not sure what the draw is for Costa Rica specifically. One woman I was on a long flight with was moving there from South Africa, she was an Afrikaner and had enough of that country being run into the ground, people's land and homes being taken from them, etc. I think she was wealthy because she mentioned they were taking their nanny and housekeeper too, they also wanted to get out.

I also met another guy in Florida who said he was in the process of moving to CR because the land was cheap and the climate was great. He was of the stripe who thought the US was headed for a calamity or a financial collapse and what all so he didn't want to be here for it.

But I have family in Canada and spend a lot of time there. Quite a few extended family members have either moved to the US or lived in the US for a time. Many of them achieved a personal goal in becoming a dual citizen so they have the option of living in either place.

I've only known one American who settled in Canada, but he was kind of placed there since he's a minister. Mostly the Canadians talk to me about how they want to live here to escape the taxes.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:07 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Our winters in Denver are overrated. Cold weather isn't bad when there's low humidity, and the snow is often really light and fluffy.
So not counting Denver where would you live in Colorado?
[Reply]
DanT 05:14 PM 07-31-2018
Denver seems pretty great, from what I've seen of it. The city and surrounding areas are nice without being ridiculously expensive, there's lot of things to do, and they have a great airport, with lots of flights elsewhere.
[Reply]
Shag 05:26 PM 07-31-2018
I moved to San Diego a year and a half ago after living in the midwest my entire life, and I consider this pretty much living in a real-world paradise, assuming that I also have to live somewhere that I can make a good living. I can't see myself moving anywhere else in the US, outside of a mountain city (Denver, SLC), but I'd rather just buy a getaway in the mountains, and have the best of both worlds.

I've traveled the world a good bit, but I do regret not having ever lived outside the US. I'd still like to do so at some point in my life, which would probably mean in retirement at this point. Europe would probably be my first choice - Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Italy, France. AUS/NZ would be fun, but I'd prefer somewhere that didn't speak english as a primary language. Maybe somewhere like Costa Rica.
[Reply]
Bwana 05:29 PM 07-31-2018
When the time comes, I'm seriously considering retiring in Roatán Honduras.

https://internationalliving.com/coun...atan-honduras/
[Reply]
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Up