ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 228 of 286
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:01 PM 06-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Ha. Those are pretty funny consecutive posts about the same movie. Ya I enjoyed it as it checked off a lot of things I like in that type of movie but completely understand how someone else might not be as impressed with it.
It just took too long to get going for me, by the time she crawled into the attic I was over it... but all was not lost as I’d also picked up Purple Rain and 2001 A Space Odyssey
[Reply]
KurtCobain 03:49 PM 06-25-2020
I really enjoyed the king of Staten island. I'm a big fan of dramedies so that helped, I thought the character development was really good.
[Reply]
neech 05:01 PM 07-01-2020
Rented JoJo Rabbit with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the film.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:33 PM 07-02-2020
I watched The Professional for the first time in a hell of a long time. It’s a really good rewatch. I recommend it.

So Natalie Portman is 2 years older than me. I was probably the age she was when she filmed when I first saw it. The viewing experience as a 37 year old is far far different than it was when I was 13 or however old I was. Watching 12 year old Natalie Portman run around in, frankly, not much and trying to seduce Leon is way different now than it was then.

Awkwardness aside, the movie is a remarkably interesting look at the effects of traumatic childhood. And the idea of living for something (someone in this case). It’s really good. REALLY good.

I’d suggest to anybody to rewatch it.
[Reply]
eDave 02:15 PM 07-12-2020
Old Guard is a good start to a superhero franchise I will enjoy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:21 PM 07-12-2020
Palm Springs is light fun fare with decent performances.

It's a new take on Groundhog Day, but has plenty new and different to offer.

Samberg is hard not to like, and Miloti is very very easy to like.

The premise isn't entirely new, but the execution is fresh and fun. Keep it in mind for when you want 90 minutes of enjoyment.
[Reply]
Fish 10:46 PM 07-12-2020
Watched The Outpost yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. Fight scenes were really well done. Hadn't previously heard anything about it. But it was definitely worth a watch.

[Reply]
KCUnited 09:02 AM 07-13-2020
Felt Doctor Sleep was enjoyable for the most part. The throwback nods to The Shining were a little hokey but it does enough to stand on its own.

Plus Rebecca Ferguson does it for me.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:07 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Watched The Outpost yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. Fight scenes were really well done. Hadn't previously heard anything about it. But it was definitely worth a watch.

Glad to hear! Will watch tomorrow night. Thanks!
[Reply]
Stryker 09:09 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
Rented JoJo Rabbit with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the film.
Said this in another thread if not this one. The end was the best part and well worth the wait. David Bowie! :-)
[Reply]
neech 04:22 PM 07-16-2020
Thumbs up on The Outpost definitely.
[Reply]
scho63 07:38 AM 07-24-2020
Yesterday I watched 3 movies on my day off that were teed up on my list:

1. The Post (2017) Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6294822/
Liked it much better than I thought. Really excellent story and backdrop of the time. Only thing I noticed is that the printing press had features that did not exist back then. (I used to be a pressmen and my father worked at the Washington Post back in the early 70's)
8/10

2. 45 Years (2015) Charlotte Rampling and Tom Courtenay
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3544082/
Story set in England with an elderly couple who are ready to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary when an event from one of their pasts starts to change the dynamic of their marriage and what they each perceive of each other. Started a little slow but really enjoyed it.
7/10

3. The Lighthouse (2109) Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7984734/
This film was really something unique in many respects. It was a little hard to understand the dialogue at times with Defoe having a heavy accent but it mellowed out as the movie progressed. Just a completely different story on so many levels. Performances were great and it has some weird shit in it all the way through. Just the two of them for most of the film and the back and forth between them as things digress is pretty wild.
An international co-production of the United States and Canada, the film was shot in black-and-white with a nearly square 1.19:1 aspect ratio. I think this is a film you will either love or hate. Not gonna have people on the fence with this one.
8/10
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:35 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:

Damn, I need to watch this. Reminds me of being in that hellhole (spent 8 months in a COP in Lowgar, which also borders Pakistan).
[Reply]
scho63 11:08 AM 07-26-2020
Watched 2 more yesterday:

1. 23 Hours to Kill (2020) Jerry Seinfeld
His new comedy standup in years has it's moments but seems like he was trying too hard and for the first time on stage, he seemed to be pulling out some blue language (for him) that sounded too silly coming from a guy who never used a swear word before on stage.
6/10

2. The Wrong Missy (2020) David Spade, Lauren Lapkus, Rob Schneider, Sarah Chalke, Jackie Sandler (Directed and produced by Adam Sandler's Happy Gilmour company)
The premise is a neat one and it's amazing that Spade still looks like a kid or underage in most of his films. The film just goes overboard in many areas but there were some really funny scenes that had me laughing out loud, sadly not enough. Lauren Lupkus is the breakout star in this.
7/10
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:39 AM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
2. The Wrong Missy (2020) David Spade, Lauren Lapkus, Rob Schneider, Sarah Chalke, Jackie Sandler (Directed and produced by Adam Sandler's Happy Gilmour company)
The premise is a neat one and it's amazing that Spade still looks like a kid or underage in most of his films. The film just goes overboard in many areas but there were some really funny scenes that had me laughing out loud, sadly not enough. Lauren Lupkus is the breakout star in this.
7/10
How much did you know LL before this movie?

She's good friends with Scott Aukerman and Paul F. Tompkins, and hangs out on Comedy Bang-Bang a lot, so I know her by her voice and characters.

But the only movie/TV stuff I've seen is Orange is the New Black and Between Two Ferns, where she wasn't called on to do much.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot she was also on Crashing and the last season of BBT.
[Reply]
Page 228 of 286
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278 > Last »
Up