ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Two-part poll. Follow the instructions.
*** Part 1. These names are acceptable or good. (Check all that apply.) 1 3.23%
Arrowheads 11 35.48%
Tornados 11 35.48%
Destroyers 12 38.71%
Continentals 1 3.23%
Raging Storm 6 19.35%
*** Part 2. These names are unacceptable or bad. (Check all that apply.) 1 3.23%
Arrowheads 17 54.84%
Tornados 14 45.16%
Destroyers 17 54.84%
Continentals 23 74.19%
Raging Storm 20 64.52%
I'm a non-voting United Nations observer. 2 6.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll
Nzoner's Game Room>Renaming the Chiefs: Round 1, Heat 12
Rain Man 12:50 PM 07-14-2020
The rules are:

1. You can vote 'yes' on as many as you like, AND you can vote 'no' on as many as you like. Feel free to run wild. If you're okay with the name but not wild about it, don't vote for it in either group to give it a neutral rating.

2. The winner of the heat will be the name that has the highest net score (yes minus no). This will reflect the name that has the most satisfaction and least disapproval. In other words, it will be the least controversial name.

The entrants have been selected randomly from the nomination thread.

As background, assume that it's 2024. President Ted Nugent has just distributed holsters to every American household. He is now seeking to build consensus across the parties, so he names Elizabeth Warren as the nation's "sports czar". Elizabeth's first order of business is to eliminate Native American-themed sports names, because there's nothing she hates more than white people making money by appropriating native american culture.

So the Chiefs have no choice but to change names. If they don't, the team will be banned and a new replacement team will be formed in Los Angeles, because if you keep putting teams there, eventually people will start watching them. (That tentative team name is the Los Angeles Trembling Fawns if you're curious.)

In a bit of good news, they're allowing the fans to select the new name, so we're on the clock. Do your best work, people.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:57 PM 07-14-2020
My votes are below.

Positives: Tornados, Arrowheads. Tornados is a great name, even though it's ambiguous about whether there should be an 'e' before the s. We'll figure that out later. But it's a great name. I'm torn on Arrowheads. I'm not against it and it's got good continuity. It's just not an active name. I'll still give it the yes vote.

Neutral: Continentals. it reminds me more of the American Revolution than anything, and Kansas City did not have a role in the revolution. But I like the sound of it, so I won't vote against it.

Negatives: Destroyers, Raging Storm. I think of a destroyer as a ship. It would be a great name for Norfolk or Honolulu, but not really Kansas City. Raging Storm is a bit too specific for my tastes.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:26 AM 07-17-2020
Final tally:

Tornados -2
Destroyers -3
Arrowheads -10
Raging Storm -11
Continentals -16
[Reply]
Up