Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Mythbusters' Grant Imahara Dead at Age 49
Frazod 10:51 PM 07-13-2020
Holy shit. RIP

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...GeDpfGng7qQHkM

Grant Imahara, Host of 'MythBusters' and 'White Rabbit Project,' Dies at 49

An electrical engineer and roboticist by training, he worked for a long time at

Lucasfilm's THX and Industrial Light and Magic divisions.
Grant Imahara, an electrical engineer and roboticist who hosted the popular science show MythBusters and Netflix's White Rabbit Project, has died. He was 49.

Imahara died suddenly following a brain aneurysm, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. "We are heartbroken to hear this sad news about Grant. He was an important part of our Discovery family and a really wonderful man. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family," a representative for Discovery said in a statement on Monday.

An electrical engineer and roboticist by training, he joined Discovery's MythBusters in its third season, replacing Scottie Chapman and was with the show until 2014 when he left with with co-hosts Kari Byron and Tory Belleci. The trio would reunite in 2016 for Netflix's White Rabbit Project which lasted for one season. On MythBusters, Imahara used his technical expertise to design and build robots for the show and also operated the computers and electronics needed to test myths.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:41 AM 07-14-2020
Yikes. RIP man. Enjoyed his work.
[Reply]
HayWire 07:12 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
I gave up on the news years ago. The news only exists to bring you BAD news. It's bad enough with the usual top storylines of local rapes, murders, fires, shootings, et cetera... now, on top of that, we get nothing but horrible political fighting, COVID-19, and the occasional spate of dead famous people (like the past few days, with the chick from "Glee", Travolta's wife, and now Grant). I figure, between this place, Facebook, and Instagram, I already find out enough bad news quickly enough...

Speaking of COVID, I know they're starting to realize this thing does some weird shit (lung issues, vein issues, strokes). Who knows, maybe he had it and was asymptomatic. At this point, anything short of a bullet I'm attributing to coronavirus...
Agreed. Let me rephrase. It's hard finding the line between staying informed and to much BS when it comes to the news.

I was wondering the same thing when it came to underlying health issues
[Reply]
Shaid 07:53 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Are those two separate adjectives?
lol, I'm not talking about Kari but you do you brother.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:56 AM 07-14-2020
Oh damn. I used to love that show.
[Reply]
Sorce 07:57 AM 07-14-2020

I’m at a loss. No words. I’ve been part of two big families with Grant Imahara over the last 22 years. Grant was a truly brilliant engineer, artist and performer, but also just such a generous, easygoing, and gentle PERSON. Working with Grant was so much fun. I’ll miss my friend.

— Adam Savage (@donttrythis) July 14, 2020

[Reply]
redfan 10:29 AM 07-14-2020
RIP, cool robotics guy.
[Reply]
luv 10:39 AM 07-14-2020
:-) RIP
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:19 AM 07-14-2020
He's also the guy who created Geoff the Robot on Craig Ferguson's Late Late Show.

RIP
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:21 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
I don’t think I would want Adam Savage to consider me family...
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:56 PM 07-14-2020
Well shit. First Kelly Preston and now Grant. RIP Mr. Imahara. Truly going to miss you.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:42 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I don’t think I would want Adam Savage to consider me family...
Meow
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:02 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Damn. Brain aneurysms are terrifying. You're perfectly fine one day and then, gone. :-)

See, to me, they aren't terrifying at all. I hope I die that way. Don't know it is coming and bam, dirt nap time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:32 PM 07-14-2020
2 days, 2 celebrities killed by their most outstanding trait.

Kelly Prestons cans and Grant Imahara's brain.

If the rumors of Ron Jeremy's dexterity are true, he'd probably be well served to avoid that particular activity for a bit...
[Reply]
Frazod 04:52 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
See, to me, they aren't terrifying at all. I hope I die that way. Don't know it is coming and bam, dirt nap time.
Unfortunately, this one wasn't quick.

This was posted by his girlfriend:

"On the evening of July 11, Grant Imahara suffered a brain aneurysm and was admitted to St. Joseph’s Hospital, where he had emergency surgery. Grant had been experiencing painful migraines for the past few days and, while we were having dinner in his home, the pain worsened. He felt dizzy, had severe neck and back pain, numbness in his legs, and was unresponsive at times. I called the paramedics at 9:14PM. Upon arrival, they checked Grant’s vitals, which appeared normal, but he was clearly in pain, so he was helped up the steps of his home and taken into an ambulance just before 10PM.

On July 12, Grant had another operation that went smoothly, but remained unresponsive and in stable, but critical condition. Today, July, 13, Grant went in for an MRI in preparation for another surgery, at which point they discovered the extent of the damage. He was wholly unresponsive and the decision was made to take him off life support."
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up