ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Should I update my golf clubs??
TripleThreat 02:40 PM 07-12-2020
So I got into golf around a year ago. I would shoot around 130-140’s when I first started out.

Fast forward to today, I haven’t broken a 100 yet, but I tip toe between 100-110.

My clubs all together cost me around $300-$400 in a bundle package from amazon.

When I play with good golfer friends they have all the best drivers, putters and irons. They shoot around 80-90.

I’m curious how much improvement I will see in my game if I update my driver and maybe my 9, and a 3 wood... my putter will be last on my list since I’ve perfected a pretty good way of 2 putting every hole; and I feel reading the greens is far more important than having the best putter.

All in all I’d say I drive the ball around 220-250 with my current driver. (Bragging moment) I once hit a drive that went over 300 and landed on the green, people in front of us were staring at me to see if I would get the eagle lol.... so therefore I wonder, my driver is capable of hitting that distance, but that one shot will probably never happen again, it was a 1 in a million shot and I literally let it all loose into that swing. Any other time I’ve tried it, I lose complete control of the ball, so I stick to a balanced swing that gets me on the fairway in decent shape.

With that information should I upgrade a few clubs? Or should I wait till I can break 100 on a consistent basis and when I have the $$ get fitted for clubs instead?
[Reply]
DeepPurple 01:00 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Thats because its walking. Not working out. And unless there is cart path only you can play quicker golf with a golf cart.
I have a Striker speedometer on my golf cart with an odometer. The last two rounds were 19 miles and 14 miles. The 18 hole courses average about 6 miles for a round and the other distance is from my house. So I drove my cart the last time 6-1/2 miles to the course, 6 miles playing the round and 6-1/2 miles back home for 19 miles total in just over 4 hours. If there is nobody in front of us, we can play 18 holes anywhere from 3 hours to 4 hours depending on how slow the groups in front of us are. I have about 500 rounds of golf on my 9 year old cart. I use to walk up until about 2013, I have emphysema now and would have to give up the game if I couldn't drive a cart.

[Reply]
Brody Wa 02:13 PM 07-19-2020
The most important thing in buying a golf club is the shaft weight and flex. Most golf stores have professional golf club fitters where you hit in to net so they can get your spin rate on the ball and number of other things that important to your golf swing. It will cost you at first because buying clubs are initially really expensive if you want good shafts in them. Also, waitlting until October or November is usually when the golf clubs are at their cheapest because it’s the off season.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up