ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 25
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Media Center>The Curse of Oak Island
Beef Supreme 02:05 PM 11-04-2014
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I imagine whatever has happened is not going to be revealed or leaked and that contracts are written accordingly to where the network must be the outlet letting us know what has happened.

My main beef with the show is that since it is part of a series with a certain amount of episodes lined up and who knows how many seasons, they will probably drag it out as long as possible.
My main beef with the show is they aren't ever going to find shit.

If they ever do find shit, which they won't, I would watch the 2 hour history channel documentary special about it.

It's exactly like the bigfoot show. Or the ghost hunter show. Or the ancient fucking aliens show.
[Reply]
DMAC 02:04 PM 11-04-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It's like those "Finding Bigfoot" shows.

You ain't 'bout to find shit, bitch.
There are many more interesting clues besides some hillbillies eye witness account.
[Reply]
teedubya 07:16 PM 11-04-2014
The whole Oak Island story has been fascinating to me, since I was a kid, as well... Going down all of those layers and finding Oak planks and coconut fibers... then the money pit flooding with ocean water... something is up there.

Let's hope it's not like Geraldo Rivera's Al Capone Vault. LOL
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:26 PM 11-04-2014
So, Nova Scotia has let various people dig around that island for decades with no problems at all. But now that two serious men with the means to bring in the kind of modern equipment that can really get to the heart of the matter - having already found a piece of 8 from 1652 - start finding really strange things... all of the sudden the province wants to "preserve" Oak Island.

That island is only one of of dozens just like it around there, but they are now wanting to "preserve" just this one particular island, after what these guys have found?... pretty damn convenient if you ask me.
[Reply]
kcxiv 12:44 AM 11-05-2014
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
So, Nova Scotia has let various people dig around that island for decades with no problems at all. But now that two serious men with the means to bring in the kind of modern equipment that can really get to the heart of the matter - having already found a piece of 8 from 1652 - start finding really strange things... all of the sudden the province wants to "preserve" Oak Island.

That island is only one of of dozens just like it around there, but they are now wanting to "preserve" just this one particular island, after what these guys have found?... pretty damn convenient if you ask me.
You see this shit all the time on the history shows about guy's trying to dig deep. Happened on that american unearthed i think? with that one geologist dude thinking he's indiana Jones. He tries to investigate certain things and is told yes at first, then when he gets there he says the government told him no. Like supposedly there are these caves in the grand canyon so he hires a helicopter to check them out only to find out he cant fly next to them only above the ground. lol
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:20 PM 11-05-2014
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
You see this shit all the time on the history shows about guy's trying to dig deep. Happened on that american unearthed i think? with that one geologist dude thinking he's indiana Jones. He tries to investigate certain things and is told yes at first, then when he gets there he says the government told him no. Like supposedly there are these caves in the grand canyon so he hires a helicopter to check them out only to find out he cant fly next to them only above the ground. lol
Governments ok things at first to make it look like whatevers being looked into is no big deal, then if it starts looking like the person/people are serious and might find something... its mysteriously scuttled.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:34 PM 11-11-2014
Pretty interesting episode tonight. I am not sure what to think about the new ideas presented by the other researcher they brought in but a good story like that is always fun.

The few finds they had with the metal detector are also very encouraging assuming they turn out to be what the initial thoughts are.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:46 AM 11-26-2014
Last night's episode showed some tremendous progress. You get a core sample down 140 feet and you find separate pieces of wood sitting right on top of each other, yet they are perfectly perpendicular? That is pretty cool.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:18 PM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Last night's episode showed some tremendous progress. You get a core sample down 140 feet and you find separate pieces of wood sitting right on top of each other, yet they are perfectly perpendicular? That is pretty cool.
It would be much appreciated if you would list any interesting things that happen every episode for me in this thread. Because I don't have cable and I know I won't ever remember to look up any recaps online.
[Reply]
kcxiv 08:01 PM 11-26-2014
They found 2 old (spanish?) coins. Thats about it until lastnights episode which was pretty cool. The concrete and 2 wood samples were very interesting.

I watch a few of these history channel shows, but alot of it is just them trying to get good tv out there. lol Fun stuff though.
[Reply]
bevischief 06:03 AM 11-29-2014
along for the ride.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:32 PM 10-26-2015
This show is returning Tuesday, November 10th. It looks very interesting and it seems some significant progress is going to be made.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:26 AM 10-27-2015
I watched this last year, I suppose I'll tune in again.
[Reply]
alanm 03:08 AM 10-27-2015
Someone at sometime buried something down there, But I think it was moved a long time agp
[Reply]
alanm 03:11 AM 10-27-2015
Ago I mean. I bet whatever was there was moved long time ago
[Reply]
Page 13 of 25
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up