ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Nzoner's Game Room>WHITLOCK: ANDY REID AND KC WILL EVENTUALLY SEND ‘BAD BOY’ LE’VEON TO DEATH ROW
Hammock Parties 10:19 AM 10-16-2020
:-)

https://www.outkick.com/andy-reid-an...-to-death-row/

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs coach Andy Reid and team general manager Brett Veach are the Notorious B.I.G. and Puff Daddy of the NFL.

They’re the head of Bad Boy Football. Can’t nobody hold them down. They love giving nasty boys one more chance. They believe in mo players no problems. Reid and Veach are close like Starsky and Hutch and the KC offense hypnotizes me.

Why am I quoting BIG and Puff and analogizing them to the leaders of the defending Super Bowl champions?

Thursday, the Chiefs signed bad boy running back Le’Veon Bell to a one-year contract, and it makes me nervous.

You see, Bell, to me, isn’t bad meaning good, he’s bad meaning bad. He’s a locker-room cancer. He’s poison. In pursuit of cash, he bulldozed his way out of an ideal situation in Pittsburgh, where on the field he meshed perfectly with Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. Bell landed in New York, where he flamed out with the Jets after playing in just 19 games. Owing him an additional $6 million, the Jets cut Bell on Tuesday rather than deal with his bad attitude.

In football, you can’t have a problem with bad boys. The game is best played by them. But you have to pick the right bad boys, the ones who absolutely love the game. That’s my gripe with Le’Veon. I don’t think he loves the game. He loves the financial windfall the game provides him because he’s good at it.

Let’s take Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. He can be classified as a bad boy. He’s had some serious off-the-field issues. You know what motivates him to evolve and do better? His love of the game.

Remember when Andy Reid, as head coach of the Eagles, rescued Michael Vick from a federal prison and turned him back into a playmaker? It worked because Mike Vick loves football. That’s also the reason Vick turned into a tremendous leader in the Philly locker room.

Bad boys can turn good. One of my all-time favorite people and players is Ravens legend Ray Lewis. Early in his career, Ray was involved in a murder investigation. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. Ray loved the game and God. He wanted to be regarded as one of the all-time, all-time greats. He leaned into his faith and became arguably the greatest leader in NFL history. He’s right there with Tom Brady in terms of leadership.

I don’t have a problem with bad boys. In some respects, I was one myself years ago.

My problem is with unrepentant bad boys. This is why I’m skeptical of my Chiefs tying any part of their success to Le’Veon Bell.

Bell is the kind of running back Suge Knight and Death Row Records would sign. Bell is Tupac Shakur. Dear mama, he’s thug4life. He has ambitions as a ridah. He’s all eyez on me. Bell ain’t got no muddafreakin friends. Grab your Glock when you see Bell rock. He’s hit ‘em up.

For non-Tupac fans, let me translate what I just said. Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary.

I hope I’m wrong. Maybe Bell will be so embarrassed by his New York flameout and so highly motivated to make Adam Gase picture him rolling that he’ll be on his best behavior for the remainder of this season.

Clear enough for ya?

Why you Jets look mad?

Y’all supposed to be happy I’m free!

Oh, I forgot. Adam Gase.

That coach had a lot to say when I was in his offense.

My gut says this ends with Andy Reid and Le’Veon Bell riding down the Las Vegas Strip and Reid pretending he had nothing to do with end of Le’Veon’s career.

[Reply]
Coach 09:57 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Pretty much, he's also burned about all his bridges in the sports world.
Yet some idiots keep employing him, all because of "clicks".

If those idiots would stop employing him, there'd be much less of Whitlock.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:13 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Yet some idiots keep employing him, all because of "clicks".

If those idiots would stop employing him, there'd be much less of Whitlock.
It doesn't bother me at all that he's employed. It similarly doesn't bother me if he gets clicks. It DOES bother me that he has no issue with throwing a player under the bus for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Whitlock gives zero ****s about the Chiefs, yet he's willing to lie about their newest signing. It makes no sense.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:16 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It doesn't bother me at all that he's employed. It similarly doesn't bother me if he gets clicks. It DOES bother me that he has no issue with throwing a player under the bus for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Whitlock gives zero ****s about the Chiefs, yet he's willing to lie about their newest signing. It makes no sense.
If anything I think he's resentful they didn't win till after he left.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 10:37 PM 10-22-2020
Jesus; reading backwards through this thread is disappointing.

I thought we all shared a common goal of talking football
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:01 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Jesus; reading backwards through this thread is disappointing.

I thought we all shared a common goal of talking football
The thread's not even about football, at least not about actually playing football. It's about some moron who has nothing else (because literally nobody else is stupid enough to put up with his ****. See: Literally every bridge he's burned up to this point) to do but make up **** about Chiefs players.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:09 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The thread's not even about football, at least not about actually playing football. It's about some moron who has nothing else (because literally nobody else is stupid enough to put up with his ****. See: Literally every bridge he's burned up to this point) to do but make up **** about Chiefs players.
Fair enough, I guess I was off the mark there.

I apologize man; I dislike Whitlock as much as you do, I was just venting on the state of the general discourse I guess.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Up