ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3346 of 3903
« First < 2346284632463296333633423343334433453346 33473348334933503356339634463846 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:42 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Any possibility of doing a hybrid approach? Only hanging out outside or in a ventilated garage maybe?

Obviously your risk tolerance is up to you. I'd guess you're in a reasonably safe situation, but given your son's aversion to taking any risks, I certainly wouldn't blame you for being careful.

With my own family (dad has asthma and heart conditions), I look at it this way: we're near the finish line with this damn thing. I'd rather not be the one to end it like this guy:
My niece is home from the military. She's having a party tonight with 15 or so people in a small apartment. No masks. No social distancing. 3 of those attendees are going to a Christmas eve party at my brothers. About 25-30 will attend, no masks. 6 of those people will attend the family get together on Christmas that I was scheduled to attend.

Several, at least 6-7 have/had serious health issues or 70+ years old. No one will be wearing a mask or social distancing. I'm sure this kind of gathering is going to be repeated everywhere. But, it wont be my fault if they get the Covid.
[Reply]
TLO 04:42 PM 12-23-2020
The pharmacy we were partnered with had all their entire supply diverted to Walgreens and CVS :-)

They're hoping for more next week.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 04:56 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
My niece is home from the military. She's having a party tonight with 15 or so people in a small apartment. No masks. No social distancing. 3 of those attendees are going to a Christmas eve party at my brothers. About 25-30 will attend, no masks. 6 of those people will attend the family get together on Christmas that I was scheduled to attend.

Several, at least 6-7 have/had serious health issues or 70+ years old. No one will be wearing a mask or social distancing. I'm sure this kind of gathering is going to be repeated everywhere. But, it wont be my fault if they get the Covid.
That sucks :-(
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 05:02 PM 12-23-2020
A few weeks ago I posted that my dad and then my daughter, who has a new born son, both caught the VID. Here's an update.
My daughter's symptoms were always mild and so were her boyfriend's. My baby grandson caught it and was only a little sick for a couple days. Diarrhea, crying a lot, puking. They're all fine now but my daughter still can't taste or smell some things.

My dad on the other hand has lost over 40 pounds and can't walk from one room to another without getting winded. I'm concerned about whether or not he'll ever fully recover. Time will tell. He's a tough old SOB though so hopefully he'll kick it's ass.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:06 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
That sucks :-(
They are not happy with me for not coming back.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:51 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Once you get the vaccine out where it's readily available to everyone, you fully open up and move on.

If thats the beginning of the spring/mid/summer etc.

At that point, it's everyones choice, like it or not.
Agreed. At some point you have to rip the band-aid off and go.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:53 PM 12-23-2020
A few weeks ago I posted that my dad and then my daughter, who has a new born son, both caught the VID. Here's an update.
My daughter's symptoms were always mild and so were her boyfriend's. My baby grandson caught it and was only a little sick for a couple days. Diarrhea, crying a lot, puking. They're all fine now but my daughter still can't taste or smell some things.

My dad on the other hand has lost over 40 pounds and can't walk from one room to another without getting winded. I'm concerned about whether or not he'll ever fully recover. Time will tell. He's a tough old SOB though so hopefully he'll kick it's ass.
It took a good month of not a little longer for my taste and smell to come back to what I would say is 95%. Particularly sweet things took the longest while spicy was the first thing to come back.
[Reply]
jdubya 06:12 PM 12-23-2020
Any possibility of doing a hybrid approach? Only hanging out outside or in a ventilated garage maybe?

Obviously your risk tolerance is up to you. I'd guess you're in a reasonably safe situation, but given your son's aversion to taking any risks, I certainly wouldn't blame you for being careful.

With my own family (dad has asthma and heart conditions), I look at it this way: we're near the finish line with this damn thing. I'd rather not be the one to end it like this guy:

Haha...I dont want to be the Anthony Marchione of WW2
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 PM 12-23-2020
Kinda looking like nationally we may have peaked, but hard hit areas early are getting slammed now again it seems
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:30 PM 12-23-2020
Just got word that they're close to putting one of my employees and friends on a ventilator. Fuck. Fingers crossed.
[Reply]
TLO 08:37 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Kinda looking like nationally we may have peaked, but hard hit areas early are getting slammed now again it seems
We've really been coming down in cases here in NW Missouri. Hospitalizations still fluctuating, but down as well.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:39 PM 12-23-2020
Here in NorCal we are double in hospitalizations from our high this summer so we are still "peaking". In my County of 1.1 million we have 238 being hospitalized for Covid. However I did just read an article that said the majority of CASES are from LTCF`s as was the case earlier in the year. Again, in my city of 70k people, 33 have died from Covid.....32 of which were residents of LTCF`s.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:51 PM 12-23-2020
Just got word that they're close to putting one of my employees and friends on a ventilator. Fuck. Fingers crossed.
Sorry to hear it, man. Here's hoping that he comes through fine. Same with your dad.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:56 PM 12-23-2020
Sorry to hear it, man. Here's hoping that he comes through fine. Same with your dad.
The employee/friend is actually a she, not that it matters. And thank you very much.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:00 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They are not happy with me for not coming back.
Yep my Mom totally takes covid seriously. Does all the right thing. Totally says she gets it when I explain to her how dangerous big indoor gatherings are in the middle of winter.

And then 30 seconds later. You're coming back to KC for Christmas right? PELEEEAASEEEE!!!

As far as I can tell "...but it's Christmas" is a trump card that defeats all logic and reason.
[Reply]
Page 3346 of 3903
« First < 2346284632463296333633423343334433453346 33473348334933503356339634463846 > Last »
Up