ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 414 of 460
« First < 314364404410411412413414 415416417418424 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:56 PM 07-18-2022
https://www.si.com/golf/news/jon-rah...tiate-liv-golf

Originally Posted by :
Jon Rahm Wants Sergio Garcia on His Ryder Cup Team, Calls for Tours to Negotiate with LIV Golf
Rahm is disappointed with the treatment of his fellow Spaniard and feels that Garcia's LIV Golf participation shouldn't keep him out of the Ryder Cup.
BOB HARIGJUL 17, 2022
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland – Jon Rahm is upset by the treatment of his countryman, Sergio Garcia, in the wake of his LIV Golf Invitational Series involvement and how it might impact him with the DP World Tour and the Ryder Cup.

Speaking to Spanish-language reporters after the final round of the British Open on Sunday, Rahm called for some sort of reconciliation between Garcia and the DP World Tour.

“Hopefully a simple solution is found,’’ said Rahm in comments translated from Spanish. “Weeks like the JP McManus Pro-Am (in Ireland two weeks ago), which tell you how beautiful this sport is and how much it can do, the amount of good it can do in the world … it’s such a beautiful sport that it is a pity there are certain fights between the DP World Tour, the PGA Tour and LIV Golf.

“I understand the reasons why golfers who play LIV Golf do it and it’s a shame they have to relinquish their status on the PGA Tour and the DP World Tour.’’
Originally Posted by :
“The event that gives golf the most publicity around the world is the Ryder Cup,’’ Rahm said. “Because of this nonsense there are players like (Garcia) who can’t play the Ryder Cup. That already makes me a little more angry. It is something that creates this sport. It is the reason that my family and I started playing golf and the reason that many in this world play golf.

“And because of what is happening, Sergio Garcia is not going to play, the best player Europe has ever had (in terms of Ryder Cup points and victories) ... it seems difficult to understand the process.

“In the end, he does what is best for him. And if the others do not cooperate, it is what is. I hope they sit down and talk.’’
Even the top golfers on the PGA Tour are now calling to make a deal with LIV before its too late. Rory said something similar a few weeks back. They see the writing on the wall here.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:58 PM 07-18-2022
Why would he want that turd Sergio Garcia on his team?
[Reply]
philfree 01:02 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I guess we'll see next year after they've taken half of the best players in the world from the Tour. Assuming they get a TV deal from someone (and why wouldn't they be able to? Networks are in to making money, not taking moral positions), I'd assume they'll do just fine in that regard.
I won't watch the Saudi backed tour but that doesn't mean others won't. I did quit watching golf for several years at one point after the Payne Stewert tragedy. I knew Payne and played some with him and his dad as well. It's been long enough now for me to say we even burned a fatty together on the course one day. I watch a lot these days. PGA and LPGA alike.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:05 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
I won't watch the Saudi backed tour but that doesn't mean others won't. I did quit watching golf for several years at one point after the Payne Stewert tragedy. I knew Payne and played some with him and his dad as well. It's been long enough now for me to say we even burned a fatty together on the course one day. I watch a lot these days. PGA and LPGA alike.
I would think plenty will watch, so long as they get themselves a TV deal.

And my parents actually knew Payne as well. Sad day that was.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:06 PM 07-18-2022
Did you wear the same ugly pants as him as well?
[Reply]
philfree 01:10 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Did you wear the same ugly pants as him as well?
Haha! No that was his deal. As I remember he usually wore shorts unless he was playing an event. He pulled that off with great style though.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:15 PM 07-18-2022
Would've hated to be the pilot who pulled the trigger on that jet
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:22 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Would've hated to be the pilot who pulled the trigger on that jet
There was some speculation in the media that the fighter jets were prepared to shoot down the Learjet if it threatened to crash in a heavily populated area.[citation needed] Officials at the Pentagon strongly denied that possibility. Shooting down the plane "was never an option," Air Force spokesman Captain Joe Della Vedova said, "I don't know where that came from."[8]

Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chrétien authorized the Royal Canadian Air Force to shoot down the plane if it entered Canadian airspace without making contact. He writes in his 2018 memoirs, "The plane was heading toward the city of Winnipeg and the air traffic controllers feared that it would crash into the Manitoba capital. I was asked to give permission for the military to bring down the plane if that became necessary. With a heavy heart, I authorized the procedure. Shortly after I made my decision, I learned that the plane had crashed in South Dakota."[9] Chrétien relates that Stewart was "an excellent golfer, whom I knew and liked very much."

Despite what that Air Force spokesman said, it seems it very much was an option.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:26 PM 07-18-2022
Always thought they had
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:09 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
https://www.si.com/golf/news/jon-rah...tiate-liv-golf

Even the top golfers on the PGA Tour are now calling to make a deal with LIV before its too late. Rory said something similar a few weeks back. They see the writing on the wall here.
The tour would catch hell if they made a deal with LIV. These guys murder people they disagree with. Even Mickelson said they’re bad MF’ers.

I agree they’re in a bad spot but I think as long as they don’t lose Tiger or Rory they can survive.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:03 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
The tour would catch hell if they made a deal with LIV. These guys murder people they disagree with. Even Mickelson said they’re bad MF’ers.

I agree they’re in a bad spot but I think as long as they don’t lose Tiger or Rory they can survive.
I think they'll take catching hell for a few days over losing their entire business.

And Tiger Woods isn't even going to play more than a couple of PGA Tour events a season going forward (if that) because he has to focus on the majors. His body won't allow it.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:02 AM 07-19-2022

[Reply]
ChiTown 08:18 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Rory had 36 putts on Sunday. You aren't going to win the British Open doing that.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:28 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Rory had 36 putts on Sunday. You aren't going to win the British Open doing that.
He had so many that he just missed. Eventually you have to make a putt if you want to win.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:32 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
He had so many that he just missed. Eventually you have to make a putt if you want to win.
That was Cam Smith on Saturday - couldn't hit a putt to save his soul until #18. Then, that dude took off like a rocket. His game is absolutely perfect for St. Andrews. He keeps the ball in play and he can putt like a God.
[Reply]
Page 414 of 460
« First < 314364404410411412413414 415416417418424 > Last »
Up