ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What do you think?
Yes, socialism is bad! 7 33.33%
No, I love socialism! 14 66.67%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Should we cut Social Security and Medicare benefits?
NJChiefsFan27 01:14 PM 02-25-2020
Scientific poll incoming!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:02 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Victims!
Victims of their own stupidity and laziness.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:04 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
A social security check doesn't make you better off. The goods and services you purchase are what make you better off. If social security checks stop coming would we stop producing the goods and services that the elderly use?
Most of US paid into Social Security by force. I don't remember there being a Opt-Out option. Most are getting PAID back for what was taken from them
[Reply]
2bikemike 01:42 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Furthermore, the longer you keep those illegals paying in on fake SS numbers that they will never collect on, the better it is for the bottom line of the program.
Add in the push for $15 minimum wage and the Government sees $$$$!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:46 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by D2112:
My friend has a brilliant plan for retirement. He started flipping houses to rent about 10 years ago. He lives in 1 and rents out 7. Each rental brings in between $1,200.00-$1,300.00 per month. He’s got a good job and does the flipping on weekends lol. He told me one more house and he’s done, he can retire. He lives in Ohio and the property taxes are cheap. $500 a year per house.

To give you an example, the house he’s living in now he bought for $25,000.00 cash. It was a dump. He did everything except the roof. His wife did the granite counter tops and backsplash in the kitchen. He put in an in ground pool. All new windows, new bathrooms the floors. The house was sold for $250,000 last year.


The rentals bring in significant cash flow monthly. And everything in the rentals is new so it’s mostly preventative maintenance. He plans on being a snow bird soon. He has one more house to flip and he’s done.

All of those weekends were spent towards retirement.
Everyone needs a place to live. My little apartment building is my income security in the future. Keep getting called by developers to sell it, because the location is now developing like crazy into a better area.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 04:38 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
But the program is stealing from the poor to give to the rich?

Yes in the sense that taxation is stealing. For you to show that claim is wrong you must show that that the people who currently pay into social security are as wealthy or wealthier than those who are currently collecting from it. You have failed miserably to do that.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:51 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
This man.

I max my ROTH every year, so when I get old my only taxable income will be from my 401k/brokerage account. So I'll look dirt poor on paper and in the tax brackets, but will be raking in the money for total income when adding my ROTH to the mix.

Suck it government!


(I'm gonna guess Dane makes too much money to contribute to a Roth. Shit, I'm still poor.)
By then we'll be a socialist country, and the gub'ment will seize it all. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:01 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by :
Originally Posted by patteeu
A lot of Republican populists are upset with Republicans like Paul Ryan because they're in favor of legal immigration at current or even greater rates, but I'm convinced that in Ryan's case (and other GOP like him) it's not about keeping wages low for corporations (as the cynics would tell us) but instead about dealing with this demographic issue you're talking about.

We can't reduce our birthrate, cut immigration and continue to have the pay as you go entitlement system we have today. One of those things has to give.
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I'm skeptical of how good an idea it is to have a system based on perpetual population growth too.
Lordy, never thought I'd see the say, patteeu accepted the concept of blowback until these two posts.


Seriously though, how many immigrants are even needed? Was reading Pew Research earlier today on how many immigrants have entered since 1965 and it is the greatest mass of immigrants ever--59 million from 1965 - 2015. Sure there were less people behind the boomers, but how many are needed to keep paying into the SS benefits of the elderly?

What happens when those numbers of immigrants eventually retire too? We'll be bursting at the seams with people. If anyone thinks freeways around our cities are too crowded now, what will they be like 20 years from now. It will be a never-ending cycle.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:26 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Lordy, never thought I'd see the say, patteeu accepted the concept of blowback until these two posts.


Seriously though, how many immigrants are even needed? Was reading Pew Research earlier today on how many immigrants have entered since 1965 and it is the greatest mass of immigrants ever--59 million from 1965 - 2015. Sure there were less people behind the boomers, but how many are needed to keep paying into the SS benefits of the elderly?

What happens when those numbers of immigrants eventually retire too? We'll be bursting at the seams with people. If anyone thinks freeways around our cities are too crowded now, what will they be like 20 years from now. It will be a never-ending cycle.
I'd rather see us reform entitlements than embrace mass immigration as the solution, but that seems like the least likely thing to happen. Maybe we need to make more of our own kids.

I'm not sure how this relates to blowback. I've always understood the concept of blowback. I just don't believe it always blows in one direction (anti-US). Sometimes, we're the blowback.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:05 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Yes in the sense that taxation is stealing. For you to show that claim is wrong you must show that that the people who currently pay into social security are as wealthy or wealthier than those who are currently collecting from it. You have failed miserably to do that.
Some people don't have the sense to pour piss out of a boot. Total waste of time.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:29 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I'd rather see us reform entitlements than embrace mass immigration as the solution, but that seems like the least likely thing to happen. Maybe we need to make more of our own kids.

I'm not sure how this relates to blowback. I've always understood the concept of blowback. I just don't believe it always blows in one direction (anti-US). Sometimes, we're the blowback.
Any unintended consequences of govt "do good" policies are blowback. That doesn't make it anti-American whether domestic or foreign policy. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. ( Newton's Third Law).
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up