ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 38
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:08 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

You know, it's just all so lazy that it's almost not worth even discussing or questioning.
Yeah, sadly it feels like we’re putting more energy into this conversation than Disney’s execs put into the Canon.

You know, to echo KCK, I’d absolutely be into a SW film where Darth Vader tries to hunt down Ahsoka. There would be a lot of great directions they could go with that. I know Rebels touches on it but they left her survival and the outcome of that confrontation very open ended.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:21 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If Disney ever gets around to making SW movies again, make a Darth Vader movie next. You wouldn't necessarily have to recast Christensen, but Anakin is the most interesting character in the entire franchise and it would make tons of money.
Going to be hard without James Earl Jones. He'd be in his 90s.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:31 AM 04-18-2020
Darth Vader might be the most interesting character in the saga. I'm not sure I'd agree that Anakin is. As good as The Clone Wars was, I'm not sure they ever really removed the stink of the prequel trilogy from the character.

I think they'd be better off making the Ahsoka Tano series they're purportedly making. I think we've had enough Skywalkers, but at the same time she's not all that far a tangent from them.

Anyway, we already know that the next film is likely set in this High Republic era they're trying to sell initially via novels, so this may all be a moot discussion.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:45 AM 04-18-2020
Lucasfilm has already said that there won’t be any High Republic movies. It sounds boring AF to me, anyway.

Plus, how can this new series be set just a few hundred years before TPM but have no mention of Yoda?

I’m at the point where I just don’t care any more. Season 7 of TCW has been lame, the other series have been pushed off to late 2021 or early 2022 and there’s just nothing interesting about any of it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:56 AM 04-18-2020
I really enjoyed yesterday's Clone Wars episode.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:00 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I really enjoyed yesterday's Clone Wars episode.
I was so bored by the Bad Batch and Ahsoka episodes that I haven't even bothered watching. My kids have zero interest as well, so I don't even know when I'll get around to watching them.

Maybe never.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:02 PM 04-18-2020
I didn't like the Bad Batch, but the Ahsoka ones were pretty integral to her story and her continued understanding of the failures of the Jedi Order. Although it might have been better if they were condensed to 2 episodes.

Yesterday's had the whole cast, finally, and marked the beginning of the 4 part Siege of Mandalore.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:07 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I didn't like the Bad Batch, but the Ahsoka ones were pretty integral to her story and her continued understanding of the failures of the Jedi Order. Although it might have been better if they were condensed to 2 episodes.

Yesterday's had the whole cast, finally, and marked the beginning of the 4 part Siege of Mandalore.
Thanks for the note. I think I'll wait until just before Season 2 of The Mandalorian to watch the final four episodes of The Clone Wars.

I think that the Ahsoka arc could have been told in two episodes for sure and for me, considering what Filoni was trying to accomplish, could have been done in a single episode.

All I can say is that I guess I was expecting so much more...
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:12 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah. Piss on VIII for being such a cluster****.
It wrecked the lore just to subvert.

#1 Example of how not to write a franchise movie.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:24 PM 04-27-2020
Episode IX's Disney+ debut will be on Monday, May 4th, along with a new 8 episode "Making of The Mandalorian" series.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 09:27 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Episode IX's Disney+ debut will be on Monday, May 4th, along with a new 8 episode "Making of The Mandalorian" series.
The final episode of The Clone Wars is dropping on May 4th as well as the original editions of the orginal trilogy...gonna be a great Star Wars day!
[Reply]
007 07:12 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
The final episode of The Clone Wars is dropping on May 4th as well as the original editions of the orginal trilogy...gonna be a great Star Wars day!
The originals? Seriously?
[Reply]
bowener 08:33 AM 04-29-2020
I'm rewatching the best Ashoka episodes from TCW and Rebels. Her story is so much better than I remembered. I'm glad she hasn't appeared in any films because they would undoubtedly ruin her story arc. The most recent two episodes on TCW are fantastic for her as well.

I also recently watched all of Star Wars: Resistance. Holy fuck the protagonist and his best friend are so fucking annoying. The protagonist's behavior is so grating that I had to ignore most of the first season whenever he was on screen. There are some cool episodes, but mostly it was just filler bullshit to create some kind of shallow backstory for The First Order. Oh, and an excuse to show a gold plated Stormtrooper.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:37 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I'm rewatching the best Ashoka episodes from TCW and Rebels. Her story is so much better than I remembered. I'm glad she hasn't appeared in any films because they would undoubtedly ruin her story arc.

I also recently watched all of Star Wars: Resistance. Holy fuck the protagonist and his best friend are so fucking annoying. The protagonist's behavior is so grating that I had to ignore most of the first season whenever he was on screen. There are some cool episodes, but mostly it was just filler bullshit to create some kind of shallow backstory for The First Order. Oh, and an excuse to show a gold plated Stormtrooper.
The only good thing about the sequel trilogy is Kylo Ren's story. It's also fantastic in the comics.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:01 PM 05-01-2020

[Reply]
Page 33 of 38
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Up