ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 38
« First < 222829303132 33343536 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
Sorry 01:50 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Agreed.

like the 'honest trailer' - I'm more irritated that Rey can resurrect, but apparently no one was around with that skill to save Qui-Gon.

Inconsistencies (both in plots and mythology) is what bugged me.
I’d rather them develop the idea that Rey was working on making the force more useful and becoming more powerful
[Reply]
Fish 10:53 AM 04-13-2020
So it sounds like Iger is back...

Bob Iger Thought He Was Leaving on Top. Now, He’s Fighting for Disney’s Life.

The former C.E.O. thought he was riding into the sunset. Now he’s reasserting control and reimagining Disney as a company with fewer employees and more thermometers.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:47 PM 04-16-2020
it's threesome, then

[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:54 PM 04-16-2020
There's a good, IMO, fix for Luke by The Critical Drinker on YouTube. I liked his fix for 'Fat Thor' in Endgame and his video would have made a much better movie.

It's worth a look...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvAa2ALSunE
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:39 PM 04-16-2020
Luke didn't need to be "fixed."

His character arc was perfect and other than Kylo, he was the best part of the sequel trilogy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:52 PM 04-16-2020
For that matter, Fat Thor was fine, too.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:34 PM 04-16-2020
Yeah. Agree with Clay on both counts here.

You can’t have Luke be a “Yoda or Obi Wan” type in Ep. 8 who had a mastery of the force but let Han die.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:39 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
For that matter, Fat Thor was fine, too.
How could anyone not like Thor Lebowski?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:45 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah. Agree with Clay on both counts here.

You can’t have Luke be a “Yoda or Obi Wan” type in Ep. 8 who had a mastery of the force but let Han die.
I disagree with that notion. Luke cut himself off from The Force, so there was no way he could have known that Ben killed his father.

Luke could have easily retained all of his Jedi knowledge without actually being connected to The Force, just as the Guardians of the Whills knew of The Force without actually being Jedi.

Now, what doesn't make sense is that there were Jedi running around the galaxy 20 years after Order 66 as well as Force Sensitives, yet Vader and The Emperor couldn't find them in The Force, nor did they know that Yoda and Obi Wan were still alive.

Thinking too much about these movies just opens such gigantic plot holes that the entire series just seems inconsistent and just plain dumb.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:19 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I disagree with that notion. Luke cut himself off from The Force, so there was no way he could have known that Ben killed his father.

Luke could have easily retained all of his Jedi knowledge without actually being connected to The Force, just as the Guardians of the Whills knew of The Force without actually being Jedi.

Now, what doesn't make sense is that there were Jedi running around the galaxy 20 years after Order 66 as well as Force Sensitives, yet Vader and The Emperor couldn't find them in The Force, nor did they know that Yoda and Obi Wan were still alive.

Thinking too much about these movies just opens such gigantic plot holes that the entire series just seems inconsistent and just plain dumb.
I don’t know.

Something didn’t ever feel right with J.J.’s original script where Luke was levitating boulders and a mountainside when Rey approached him. It’s possible the right script could have explained why he continued being a Jedi legend despite abandoning the rebel cause and leaving Leia out to dry, but Rian’s explanation made more sense to me.

TLJ’s overall execution was absolutely lacking, though.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:38 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It’s possible the right script could have explained why he continued being a Jedi legend despite abandoning the rebel cause and leaving Leia out to dry, but Rian’s explanation made more sense to me.
The reason why it's so fuzzy to me is because neither JJ nor Rian bothered to tell us the length of time that transpired between Luke's "disappearance" and Rey's arrival.

It also seems odd that Luke would be so close to locating Exogal, yet ultimately decided to shut himself off to The Force. Why then? Frustration?

Also, why didn't any other Force Ghosts help him to find it, especially Anakin, with whom he was supposedly communicating with after Vader's death?

You know, it's just all so lazy that it's almost not worth even discussing or questioning.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:05 PM 04-16-2020
Listening to you two makes me feel convinced that there was next to no communication between JJ and Rian throughout their processes.

Is it too much to hope for that the sequel trilogy gets retconned in a decade or so?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:09 PM 04-16-2020
We'll probably get a CGI movie about the exploits of Luke, Han and Leia post ROTJ in about 10 years, I'd imagine.

They already showed they're on the right path with the CGI versions of Luke and Leia in ROS.

We'll get that trilogy, or maybe just one movie, and it will be "headcanon" Episode 7 for lots of fans.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:29 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Listening to you two makes me feel convinced that there was next to no communication between JJ and Rian throughout their processes.

Is it too much to hope for that the sequel trilogy gets retconned in a decade or so?
I'm not sure if they can effectively retcon the ST but they do have the option to create a bunch of TV series and movies based on Han, Luke & Leia's exploits after RotJ, which could effectively deem the ST as non-essential.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:04 PM 04-16-2020
If Disney ever gets around to making SW movies again, make a Darth Vader movie next. You wouldn't necessarily have to recast Christensen, but Anakin is the most interesting character in the entire franchise and it would make tons of money.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 38
« First < 222829303132 33343536 > Last »
Up