View Poll Results: People are hoarding toilet paper because they are:
Stupid 34 16.50%
Selfish 6 2.91%
Stupid and selfish 151 73.30%
Other. Please explain in thread. 15 7.28%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll
Page 28 of 30
« First < 182425262728 2930 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Idiots are hoarding toilet paper because?
Pitt Gorilla 01:20 PM 03-14-2020
We know the idiots hoarding bottled water have zero idea about how viruses spread, the water supply, and anything, really. The toilet paper people are similarly perplexing, but their idiocy is at least worth consideration.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:03 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
ohhh I agree it was panic buying initially.
It still is or else the stock would be replenished by now. We weren't among the crazies, but if I happen to be in the store and I find some, I'll buy my limit to make sure my friends and family are also taken care of.
Not quite the same as hoarding, but me and those close to me are just looking out for eachother which unfortunately makes the situation worse.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:38 PM 04-03-2020
People are still hoarding. Because they're retards.

I just finished a roll of TP that I started 20 days ago. I checked this morning and I have 44 rolls of TP. I haven't bought any TP since the beginning of February. At this rate I have enough TP for 132 WEEKS.

People are stupid.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 01:17 PM 04-03-2020
I work at Menards, and people are still grabbing stuff as fast as we can get it on the shelves.... it's crazy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:30 PM 04-03-2020
There is NO accounting for panic.

Went out for supplies for the FIRST time yesterday. Into Aldis for milk, eggs, butter, etc. In and out.

But the funny thing was the Dollar Tree. Now there's a particular Dollar Tree that happens to get primo baked goods on occasion. I went the little extra distance to check it out. Picked up 5 loaves of Dave's Killer Bread, and a pack of Natures Way Broiche buns, . . . for $1 apiece.

The place was [relatively] packed, and people were grabbing all the paper and Clorox handi-wipes they could [there was a new shipment, and there were purchase limits]. Not a person picked up bread.

Earlier, over at the Aldis, the 'cheap-ass' $1.75 a loaf bread was picked clean.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:55 PM 04-03-2020
Had Aldis delivered yesterday through Instacart. $100 netted 5 bags of groceries and a large flat of food. Wife picked up TP, paper towel, and dishwasher pods at Target curbside. Feel we’re good for the next 4-6 weeks.

The one thing I can’t find are scrubbing bubbles flushable wand refills, which is a minor annoyance.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:00 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

I just finished a roll of TP that I started 20 days ago. I checked this morning and I have 44 rolls of TP. I haven't bought any TP since the beginning of February. At this rate I have enough TP for 132 WEEKS.

People are stupid.
Clearly this.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:01 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Had Aldis delivered yesterday through Instacart. $100 netted 5 bags of groceries and a large flat of food. Wife picked up TP, paper towel, and dishwasher pods at Target curbside. Feel we’re good for the next 4-6 weeks.

The one thing I can’t find are scrubbing bubbles flushable wand refills, which is a minor annoyance.
Yeah it’s just amazing how much more your dollar buys at Aldi, if they could only get more specialty products I wouldn’t bother going anywhere else
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:10 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not where I live.

I was at Ralphs this morning. The meat and cheese refrigerated sections were bare, as they've been since the beginning of March.

The paper aisle is completely empty. No toilet paper, no disinfectant wipes, no bleach, no nothing. It's been like this for weeks in Los Angeles, unless you're lucky enough to be at the store when the truck is unloaded. Costco has a limit of one per customer, as do all of the other retailers and it's still completely unavailable on Amazon, Costco, Target and Walmart.com's.

The shortage exists because tens of millions of people are used to using the restroom at work, not at home but now, all of those people are just buying TP when it's available; they're definitely NOT hoarding it.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 04:35 PM 04-03-2020
Flour products are the new TP
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:39 PM 04-03-2020
It’s interesting to hear who has been out of what.

My corner store has stayed well stocked with meat the whole time. Especially the meat cut in the store.

But has been out of flour, rice and tortillas for weeks. Finally had to go to a different store to get some.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:44 PM 04-03-2020
My local grocer regularly now has pretty much everything on the shelves, except TP and PT. And those are still available, you just have to show up at 7am to beat the hoarders apparently. I haven't had to do this yet because I have plenty of both at all times, but my neighbor's wife told me that she has been going at 7am for the past two weeks and they always have TP and PT when she walks in the door. But by 8am it's all gone because dipsticks.

This is the same scenario I faced back around 2008 when the last big gun/ammo panic happened. You could get both if you showed up a half hour before the store opened and got in line. After a couple hours the shelves would be bare again until the next day or whenever the store got restocked.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:02 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I love those things and I am out too. See, we have something in common. BTW Target usually carries them.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:07 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Something that has never crossed my mind before......what if we didn't have any TP?

Cut up T shirts ya toss in a trash can to be hosed down before tossing in the washing machine?

Hmmmm?
Suggest that to a woman on the rag and see how she reacts.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:13 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Not where I live.

I was at Ralphs this morning. The meat and cheese refrigerated sections were bare, as they've been since the beginning of March.

The paper aisle is completely empty. No toilet paper, no disinfectant wipes, no bleach, no nothing. It's been like this for weeks in Los Angeles, unless you're lucky enough to be at the store when the truck is unloaded. Costco has a limit of one per customer, as do all of the other retailers and it's still completely unavailable on Amazon, Costco, Target and Walmart.com's.

The shortage exists because tens of millions of people are used to using the restroom at work, not at home but now, all of those people are just buying TP when it's available; they're definitely NOT hoarding it.
It’s krazy to me that with all of the incredible wealth in your area, the supply chain wouldn’t shift heavily in favor of reinforcing it... sincere best wishes bro, gah I’d fucking HATE being in Hollywood right now
[Reply]
stumppy 05:16 PM 04-03-2020
Went to Walmart here in NW Springfield. Stock was a little low on beef, they're still handing out one package of tp at a time but other than that everything was pretty much stocked up.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 30
« First < 182425262728 2930 >
Up