ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>HC Matt Nagy, GM Ryan Pace will return after 'impressive' finish to 2020
Megatron96 03:23 PM 01-13-2021
Chairman George McCaskey lauded the duo's resiliency during the team's 8-8 season

Originally Posted by :
"Despite a second straight non-winning season, in which they started 5-1 before finishing 8-8 and failing to advance past their first playoff game for the second time in three years, the Chicago Bears are running it back in 2021. Chairman George McCaskey and president Ted Phillips announced Wednesday that coach Matt Nagy and general manager Ryan Pace will both return for another season, citing an "impressive" finish to the 2020 campaign -- the third under Nagy's guidance and sixth under Pace.

"Have mistakes been made? Yes," McCaskey said, per reporters. "But I think Ryan and Matt are learning and growing in their roles ... I understand your frustration. We're frustrated, too ... (but) sticking with these guys is the best route for the Bears at this time ... We all want things to get better, and a lot of times, you have to go through tough times to get better. The way they've handled adversity the last two seasons leads us to the conclusion that they're the best people to lead us through 2021."
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...inish-to-2020/

Hmm.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:25 PM 01-13-2021
Lololol loser franchise.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:26 PM 01-13-2021
It's almost like no one over there knows what they're doing.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-13-2021
Ryan Pace should have been fired long ago but Nagy coached his fucking ass off in 2021.

They don't have a QB, their receivers are garbage, as are their running backs (although David Montgomery looked decent in the last part of the season) yet Nagy was somehow able to get 8 wins out of a shit squad and make the playoffs.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:30 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Ryan Pace should have been fired long ago but Nagy coached his fucking ass of in 2021.

They don't have a QB, their receivers are garbage, as are their running backs (although David Montgomery looked decent in the last part of the season) yet Nagy was somehow able to get 8 wins out of a shit squad and make the playoffs.
Agreed.

Pace.... Other than that Mack trade, which looks good, still.....Trubisky.....Woof.

But Nagy got some things done.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:40 PM 01-13-2021
Ryan Pace should have been fired long ago but Nagy coached his fucking ass off in 2021.

Agreed. I think I read earlier this season that their OL was messed up as well.

Biggest issue is obviously QB. They haven't had one in three seasons or whatever. Give Nagy a real QB and a couple seasons, I bet CHI would be a much better offensive team.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:46 PM 01-13-2021
Their owner isn't committed to winning a championship, hence falling ass backwards into the playoffs with Pace is good enough.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 03:55 PM 01-13-2021
Ryan Pace will forever be tainted by the 2017 draft and his decision to draft Trubisky ahead of Mahomes and Watson
[Reply]
Frazod 04:02 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Ryan Pace will forever be tainted by the 2017 draft and his decision to draft Trubisky ahead of Mahomes and Watson
Not just that - he actually traded up from 3 to 2 to do it. It's still crazy to think he did that for somebody who probably should have gone in the third round.

When you factor in the picks he dumped to get Mack, he absolutely decimated their ability to draft talent for a couple of years.

He's gotta have pictures of Halas fucking a goat or something.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:09 PM 01-13-2021
I mean, I know historically sucktastic franchises have won championships in the past 20 years, but the Bears finding a franchise QB better than Jim McMahon is one of the more unbelievable, "I'll believe it when I see it" scenarios.

The Bears are totally the worst franchise when it comes to QBs in NFL history, right?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:10 PM 01-13-2021
They just need a QB
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:14 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I mean, I know historically sucktastic franchises have won championships in the past 20 years, but the Bears finding a franchise QB better than Jim McMahon is one of the more unbelievable, "I'll believe it when I see it" scenarios.

The Bears are totally the worst franchise when it comes to QBs in NFL history, right?
Rex Grossman disagrees.For like the 4 seconds before defenses figured him out. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:16 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

This is kind of what I've been thinking for a few decades now. How is it possible that CHI couldn't find one decent QB, even just on Kirk Cousins' level since McMahon? Doesn't seem possible.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:40 PM 01-13-2021
Heard a quote from Pace today on the Doug Gottlieb show

"Every decision I make for this team is the right decision"

That is some astonishing arrogance, very Pioli-like... good luck, Bears fans
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:17 PM 01-13-2021

Yep.

Firing Nagy would have been really dumb.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up