ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 94
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:52 PM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
How long until season 2 is supposed to air?
Well, season 1 started in January. But since season 2 is still casting , my guess is late spring 2015 at the earliest.

Sometimes HBO shows go longer than usual between seasons. Sopranos did this on occasion.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:06 PM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Well, season 1 started in January. But since season 2 is still casting , my guess is late spring 2015 at the earliest.

Sometimes HBO shows go longer than usual between seasons. Sopranos did this on occasion.
If casting hasn't finished I'd guess January of '16, maybe fall of '15
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:13 PM 08-08-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
The god damned T bone Burnett soundtrack may be the best part of an excellent show. Lucinda's "Are you Alright" when Ruston goes undercover ad starts transforming is nails.

In super interesting sideline: I work with a Ruston Cole who was a former hardass cop. Wears a ponytail and looks like a biker. The writer of this series went to college in our town. I asked "Russ" if he knew about the series and he said tons of people have been asking him if it's based on him. Said as far as he knows he never met the writer during his time in Fayeteville.
Newch - don't know if you have any insight, but if you do, what could you impart on the apparent drama surrounding Pizzalotto about now.

Someone's accusing him of plagiarizism

He denies it

People say, maybe he's not a plagiarist, but the form of his denial makes him a total douchebag.

Those are the broad strokes of what I see in the clickbait-o-sphere.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:59 PM 08-09-2014
Originally Posted by Bambi:
perfect
She can bring it.:-)
[Reply]
NewChief 07:02 PM 08-10-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Newch - don't know if you have any insight, but if you do, what could you impart on the apparent drama surrounding Pizzalotto about now.

Someone's accusing him of plagiarizism

He denies it

People say, maybe he's not a plagiarist, but the form of his denial makes him a total douchebag.

Those are the broad strokes of what I see in the clickbait-o-sphere.
I haven't really followed it too much. I remember some noise about Cole's nihilistic monologues being lifted from elsewhere. I'll have to investigate a little more. I know some folks who went to school with Pizzolato, but they haven't really said anything good or bad about him as a person for the most part. One of my other screenwriting buddies doesn't seem to be real high on him, though (but that might be because his series hasn't taken off quite like TD yet). I'll have to ask him when I see him in a couple of weeks.
[Reply]
bowener 10:25 PM 08-10-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
So, Vaugn is supposedly one of the main antagonists- a behind the scenes man who is pushing for a massive high speed rail to connect throughout California, supposedly.
If this is an actual plot point, I am wondering if this will have some similarities to Chinatown's story.
[Reply]
Bambi 07:49 PM 08-18-2014
So I got curious about Elisabeth Moss and have been watching Top of the Lake. It's a BBc mini series but you can watch it on Netflix.

It's pretty awesome. Based in New Zealand it definitely has that "Australian, biker-trash, meth, mobile home" kinda feel similar to Snowtown Murders or Wolf Creek. Highly recommend checking it out.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:21 PM 08-18-2014
Originally Posted by bowener:
If this is an actual plot point, I am wondering if this will have some similarities to Chinatown's story.
It's been talked about as having the same vibe as that and The Black Dahlia.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:25 PM 08-18-2014
It's been talked about as having the same vibe as that and The Black Dahlia.
did you enjoy Black Dahlia?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:51 AM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
did you enjoy Black Dahlia?
I'd have to rewatch it to give you an honest opinion. It's just been so long. I will say that I don't recall it having a lasting impression on me- which I'm pretty good about remembering movies I rather enjoyed.

Now, I am a fan of the time period and the whole seedy underworld of Hollywood's Golden Age.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:45 AM 08-19-2014
I'd have to rewatch it to give you an honest opinion. It's just been so long. I will say that I don't recall it having a lasting impression on me- which I'm pretty good about remembering movies I rather enjoyed.

Now, I am a fan of the time period and the whole seedy underworld of Hollywood's Golden Age.
That's how I'd respond too - I don't remember it much.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:33 PM 08-19-2014
That's how I'd respond too - I don't remember it much.
But damnit, you brought it up and now I'm curious, so I'll be watching it probably in the next day or two.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:17 PM 08-19-2014
But damnit, you brought it up and now I'm curious, so I'll be watching it probably in the next day or two.
ha ha, let me know if anything sparks your interest six yrs later, or however long it's been.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 03:07 PM 08-21-2014
ha ha, let me know if anything sparks your interest six yrs later, or however long it's been.
Man, I forgot what a packed cast of big actors all we're in it. Unfortunately, the movie is a solid build up for about half the film, and then just fizzles with a sense of scattered direction and a weak resolution that has no payoff of what it could have been building to.

Sadly because the cinematography and setting for everything shot is fantastic, but the end of the 2nd and whole 3rd act are stillborn and ruined what could have been on par with say LA Confidential. With some script changes and tighter adherence to keeping it focused on the case and clues, it would have faired way better.

Shame because it started out so well and I wanted to get engrossed by the story.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 03:21 PM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by Bambi:
So I got curious about Elisabeth Moss and have been watching Top of the Lake. It's a BBc mini series but you can watch it on Netflix.

It's pretty awesome. Based in New Zealand it definitely has that "Australian, biker-trash, meth, mobile home" kinda feel similar to Snowtown Murders or Wolf Creek. Highly recommend checking it out.
I tried getting into that show. Sepinwall wouldnt shut up about it. It just never took. I think the cliched bad guys soured me on it.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 94
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up