ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 26
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who will be the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-05-2021
If they stay at 31: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

If they trade up: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma St.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:11 AM 04-21-2021
Yea that would be great
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:16 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Toad:
Doesn’t even matter what context that was in...That is some funny shit right there.
I honestly didn't know how to concisely say it.

There were a couple of guys we were talking about the other day that worked out and produced results in the 99th percentile.

Then there's Brevin Jordan. His workouts were terrible, like historically bad for a TE.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:03 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Jenkins.

Little wouldn't surprise me in the 2nd, if an edge drops and we nab him in the first.
I highly doubt Little will even last until the second round. I would be very pleased if the Chiefs drafted him.

PFF just released their prospect rank and have Walker Little #26 on their big board, ranked ahead of Leatherwood, Jenkins and others

Originally Posted by :

4. WALKER LITTLE, STANFORD
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 26
We haven’t seen Little play since Week 1 of 2019. While some may look at that as a negative, that’s an incredible amount of development we have yet to see. We already saw considerable development from him as a sophomore in 2018, as he only allowed one pressure over his final seven games.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-...ackle-rankings
[Reply]
O.city 03:43 PM 04-21-2021
I really like Toney. I'm going with him.

Fuck the LT get him later.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:09 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That would require multiple dominoes to fall.

First, the Bengals would have to pass on Sewell allowing him to fall to the Dolphins. Then the Dolphins would have to pass, allowing him to fall to Carolina at #8, prompting LT hungry teams to trade up to #7. Sewell likely isn't getting past #8, which means the next domino would likely be Slater.

If Sewell drops all the way to Carolina, then the Cowboys would have to pass on Slater at #10. They need defense terribly but they also have a really expensive QB to protect and need help at tackle. If Slater gets past #10, then the Chargers sit at #13. They're almost certainly going to take a left tackle, so somebody is going to want to trade up to #12. If Slater should get past whoever sits at #12, then he will almost certainly go to the Chargers at #13.

That leaves Darrisaw. The Vikings at #14 have said they want to play Ezra Cleveland at LT but they've also reportedly called about Orlando Brown. One has to think that if all of the unlikeliness above plays out and Darrisaw falls into their lap, they'd think hard about taking him. If they don't, however, you have the Raiders at #17 who don't need a right tackle but do need a left tackle and probably wouldn't hesitate to take Darrisaw if he's there since he could play either position.

At #18, you have the Dolphins second spot in the first round and they might take a tackle there if they didn't earlier in the round. Washington at #19 needs a left tackle badly, almost as much as the Chargers, and Chicago at #20 also could use a tackle. Indy at #21 needs a tackle MORE than the Chargers - one could argue it's their only significant deficiency on what is otherwise a contending team.

The Jets at #23 could use another tackle and the Steelers at #24 definitely need one.

As you can see, the chances of us trading up to #20 and getting Darrisaw aren't very damn good. More than likely, you'd have to get to #12 to get Darrisaw unless Slater falls to the Chargers and then you're looking at trying to entice the Vikings to trade with you instead of taking him themselves.

Quite frankly, if you look at the board and the team needs, this is a draft where the Chiefs would be better served not to trade up at all.

With Indy and Pittsburgh sitting in front of them, they're going to be trading up for probably the 4th or 5th best tackle in this draft when they could stay at #31 and get the 5th or 6th, which isn't that much of a difference commensurate with the draft picks they'd have to give up.

The Chiefs would be best served by staying at #31, taking a playmaker in what is a really, really good class for CB's, DE's, and WR's and take a LT at the end of the 2nd round, where there is a cluster of developmental LT's that, even though they likely won't start day 1, project to be better pass blockers in an offense like the Chiefs than the guys likely to be available at #31.
Your whole post list the teams that need Tackles. What if many of them use that same strategy and look to fill a playmaker in round 1 and get their LT in round 2? There may not be a LT left at the end of the 2nd round.

I couldn't fault a pick at 31 from Little (my choice), Brown, Foresythe, Radunz, Carman, or whoever if they feel like that player is a long term solution at LT.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:30 PM 04-21-2021
I’m going with Greg Newsome. A long, athletic, ultra-competitive cb that can play man and zone and isn’t afraid to help in the run game.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:39 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I’m going with Greg Newsome. A long, athletic, ultra-competitive cb that can play man and zone and isn’t afraid to help in the run game.
If they're going CB then it's him if he's available meets the athletic criteria that Veach seeks on Defense
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:22 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Your whole post list the teams that need Tackles. What if many of them use that same strategy and look to fill a playmaker in round 1 and get their LT in round 2? There may not be a LT left at the end of the 2nd round.

I couldn't fault a pick at 31 from Little (my choice), Brown, Foresythe, Radunz, Carman, or whoever if they feel like that player is a long term solution at LT.
Not all of those teams need LT's. About half of them either need a RT or a guy that could play left or right.

The ones that really need a LT because they have nothing are Carolina, the Chargers, Indy and WFT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:24 AM 04-22-2021
Buy the way, if several of those teams wait until the 2nd round, the top guys will actually fall further.

If you have hopes of getting a top guy without paying a fortune in draft picks, you want the EXACT scenario you just said - everybody waiting for the 2nd round. You might be reasonably able to trade up and get Darrisaw.
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:29 AM 04-22-2021
I think if Rashod Bateman is available, that's who we take. Otherwise it would be one of the LBs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:31 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I think if Rashod Bateman is available, that's who we take. Otherwise it would be one of the LBs.
I hope they don't take a LB in the first. None of them are really worth it. Davis is probably the best prospect of the bunch and he's borderline. Collins isn't a fit for this defense.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:31 AM 04-22-2021
Buy the way, if several of those teams wait until the 2nd round, the top guys will actually fall further.

If you have hopes of getting a top guy without paying a fortune in draft picks, you want the EXACT scenario you just said - everybody waiting for the 2nd round. You might be reasonably able to trade up and get Darrisaw.
I didn't do a very good job of stating what I was thinking. You have teams needing a T in order:

Bengals
Dolphins (X2 in round 1)
Panthers
Cowboys
Chargers
Vikings
Raiders
Redskins (It would cost us our 2nd round pick to get to the Redskins spot. More to go higher)
Bears
Jets
Steelers

All of these teams select before us again in round 2. And Jax could go T early in the 2nd as well from some of the mock drafts I have seen. If we want a T from the group of Little, Brown, Foresythe, Radunz etc., waiting until the end of round 2 may leave us with nothing.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:52 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I didn't do a very good job of stating what I was thinking. You have teams needing a T in order:

Bengals
Dolphins (X2 in round 1)
Panthers
Cowboys
Chargers
Vikings
Raiders
Redskins (It would cost us our 2nd round pick to get to the Redskins spot. More to go higher)
Bears
Jets
Steelers

All of these teams select before us again in round 2. And Jax could go T early in the 2nd as well from some of the mock drafts I have seen. If we want a T from the group of Little, Brown, Foresythe, Radunz etc., waiting until the end of round 2 may leave us with nothing.
I believe you have a point, it's possible that we would be left with only a couple of quality options and reach for an OL at #63. Kind of a good argument to trade back, any chance we can pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd in a deal w/ JAX, CLEV, or MIA this year?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:44 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I believe you have a point, it's possible that we would be left with only a couple of quality options and reach for an OL at #63. Kind of a good argument to trade back, any chance we can pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd in a deal w/ JAX, CLEV, or MIA this year?
Yeah, pretty much.

The point is, if all those teams wait, we probably have our pick of most of the 2nd tier guys WITHOUT having to trade up for one. If they don't wait, the 2nd tier guys are all gone but there will be more guys available in the 2nd.

So we're better off just waiting to see how things play out and either pick at 31 or trade down. Trading up just isn't necessary unless things REALLY break our way and Darrisaw drops to like 20.
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 04-22-2021
Yeah, pretty much.

The point is, if all those teams wait, we probably have our pick of most of the 2nd tier guys WITHOUT having to trade up for one. If they don't wait, the 2nd tier guys are all gone but there will be more guys available in the 2nd.

So we're better off just waiting to see how things play out and either pick at 31 or trade down. Trading up just isn't necessary unless things REALLY break our way and Darrisaw drops to like 20.
My worry is that we dont' take one at 31 planning to wait till 62 and it ends up being a Breeland Speaks situation where they start flying off the board and we trade up for the last available.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 26
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up