ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 947 of 3903
« First < 447847897937943944945946947 948949950951957997104714471947 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rasputin 02:10 PM 03-31-2020

[Reply]
Donger 02:11 PM 03-31-2020
It's a line many New Yorkers know well: "if you cannot fit on this train, there is another right behind."

Many straphangers, having had the wool pulled over their eyes before, aren't keen to take the conductors' advice. Soon, however, they may not have a choice.

Police officers will begin enforcing social distancing on subways this week, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday, despite complaints from essential workers that their usual trains have been packed following coronavirus-induced service cuts.

"I understand people are trying to get somewhere, but no one should be getting on a crowded train," the mayor told local station NY1. "Spread out throughout the train, wait for the next train.

"The PD's going to go out there, if they see any overcrowding, they're going to literally split it up, pull people off the train, move them along to different cars, whatever it takes."

On top of service cuts that have been deemed "essential service" for restaurant workers, healthcare professionals and others who must commute during the "New York on Pause" issued by the governor earlier in March, many lines have seen even less service thanks to limited availability of train crews.

"We are running as many trains as possible with the crews we have available," the Metropolitan Transit Authority said in service alerts Monday.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:12 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It might all we need is one doctor to tweet his findings.

[Reply]
BWillie 02:14 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I see this aged well...

I play Golden Tee Golf on my phone. I've spent $30 on the game.

I'm now one of those guys.

I am ashamed.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 02:16 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Anyone who still believe CCP numbers is fooling themselves
Agree!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:18 PM 03-31-2020
While I think many reports are completely overblown that it's total doom it's kind of insane to be the other way too.
The overreaction side is way more significant than the side downplaying the threat.

Exhibit A is the fact that most updates on new COVID-19 cases leave out the important context of how many of these new cases are severe/requiring hospitalization.

Cases vs. severe cases requiring hospitalization... that is the distinction that needs to be made with every update.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:19 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I play Golden Tee Golf on my phone. I've spent $30 on the game.

I'm now one of those guys.

I am ashamed.
Don't play games on your phone......that's the scumming of video gaming.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:19 PM 03-31-2020
I don't know what's worse, nails on a chalkboard or hearing Mike Parsons attempt to complete sentences. Jesus Christ...
[Reply]
Mecca 02:22 PM 03-31-2020
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...craft-carrier/

Apparently a bunch of sailors on the theodore roosevelt have tested positive and the captain is at his wits end because nothing is being done.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:24 PM 03-31-2020
People in India are drinking cow piss cause they think it will protect them.
I think they have seen one to many episodes of Man Vs Wild with Bear Grylls.

[Reply]
carlos3652 02:31 PM 03-31-2020
Austin check out Covidly.com they have some awesome graphs and you can play with the data.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:32 PM 03-31-2020
Don't play games on your phone......that's the scumming of video gaming.
Golden Tee is actually a pretty good game, but I agree. They actually let you play 9-holes anytime you want without you having to pay or do anything unlike all other app golf games.

I don't own any gaming systems. I don't think I can play it on my laptop or desktop, either. So here I am playing games and paying for them on my phone like a fool.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:33 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I don't know what's worse, nails on a chalkboard or hearing Mike Parsons attempt to complete sentences. Jesus Christ...
His jowls and largely exposed bottom teeth really turn me on.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:36 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Golden Tee is actually a pretty good game, but I agree. They actually let you play 9-holes anytime you want without you having to pay or do anything unlike all other app golf games.

I don't own any gaming systems. I don't think I can play it on my laptop or desktop, either. So here I am playing games and paying for them on my phone like a fool.
The Golf Club 2019 is a pretty good PC golf game and you can find it on Steam for $20 often. Not right now though, it's $50.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:39 PM 03-31-2020
Also I'm going to say this so don't get butthurt. Marcellus is like the Undertaker of this thread, just no sell no sell.

While I think many reports are completely overblown that it's total doom it's kind of insane to be the other way too.
Nah I am just pragmatic and not prone to hysteria.

Its obvious NY and highly populated areas are in real danger of being overrun with large numbers.

Rest homes and the like are potential super hot spots as well.

I just think treating small towns in the midwest the exact same as urban areas doesn't make much sense at all.
[Reply]
Page 947 of 3903
« First < 447847897937943944945946947 948949950951957997104714471947 > Last »
Up