ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 341
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:30 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by 2112:
Well somebody will have to come claim the body.
Yes, yes, that is one option.. Perhaps the first and best option.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:01 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
You don’t want 00 buck for home defense, they will blow through walls and will **** up whatever they hit on the other side. You want #4 buckshot, if you are going to use a shotgun for home defense. Especially if it’s in an apartment complex, you blow through walls and into a neighbor apartment. The legal consequences that you could face would be worse than the robbery.

I, personally, prefer a pistol for home defense. .45 My shotguns are all loaded with .00 shot. I get that living in an apartment is a chance. However, I want to make damned sure that the perp is down for the count. The first shot.

I also understand that "nerves" get in the way. However, if you are going to purchase a shotgun - buy your gun. It's best to try out all available shells and decide which one you might use should you ever need it. Then practice, practice and more practice. It, if nothing else, it would get the individual 1) familiar with the gun and 2) a tad more confident should the need (God forbid) ever arise.

Just my opinion, though.
[Reply]
banyon 03:34 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Had a mother fucker break into our apartment complex last night. Luckily didnt take anyone's shit but cops never showed up so the stimulus check will be used on home defense.

Was thinking:

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/remi...hardwood-stock
My opinion only, but best weapon to defend with depends on the type of property. For houses and large condo type setups, a shotgun is ideal (agree with the #4 buckshot from the above poster). For narrow or smaller apartments though, I'd go with a .40 or 9mm with a laser sight if possible. This is because of the narrow angles and hallways. You can maintain control of the weapon much easier if someone is trying to gain physical control of it. Lastly, I do think an AR-style weapon is ideal for defending ranch style properties if you are out in the boonies (maybe a shotgun in the house and the AR for perimter def).

Personally I'd go with a Glock 9mm or SIG .40.
[Reply]
stumppy 04:03 PM 04-14-2020
Well somebody will have to come claim the body.
Or....contact Hog farmer.
[Reply]
Otter 04:12 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Or....contact Hog farmer.
Ya know, Hog Farmer has been here a long time and I can't recall ever seeing this cross-reference:

[Reply]
2112 05:31 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
That old idea of "If they fall back out of the door, pull them back in" really was forgotten long ago. If you were to shoot the bad guy and he fell out of a window - the Police would easily determine that he broke the glass on the way out.

You wouldn't have any trouble. Of course, some of these states today "might" charge you with Involuntary manslaughter - you know those "you shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm" states.
I live in nj Randall. We have 10 round mag limits for hand guns. Anything over is a felony lol I’m pretty much fucked
[Reply]
notorious 05:33 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I have one of these (870 Tactical) and I would highly recommend it for home defense. You really want a short barrel - in a stressful situation, the shorter the barrel, the better. Also, don't forget to buy some .00 buck shot. :-)

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...otgun/p/p49229
Listen to this man.

I own a lot of shit, but my 870 tact is what I'm going to grab if someone decides to enter my house.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:57 PM 04-14-2020
I live in nj Randall. We have 10 round mag limits for hand guns. Anything over is a felony lol I’m pretty much ****ed

Man, I honestly feel for you guys. Do any of your "elected" representatives even understand the concept of the Bill of Rights?

I am so grateful to live in Kansas (and soon) Wyoming as well. Both states have Constitutional Carry - as it should be.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Damned shame....
[Reply]
Bowser 07:02 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Listen to this man.

I own a lot of shit, but my 870 tact is what I'm going to grab if someone decides to enter my house.
Got one of those next to the night stand

[Reply]
Sofa King 07:15 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Listen to this man.

What's you build on that gun?
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:29 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Had a mother fucker break into our apartment complex last night. Luckily didnt take anyone's shit but cops never showed up so the stimulus check will be used on home defense.

Was thinking:

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/remi...hardwood-stock
870 is best bang for the buck on a shotgun. That’s my rec for home defense. If for no other reason than racking the thing is universal language for get the fuck out.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:32 PM 04-14-2020
Mac is right. Don’t be blowing through walls. That can be catastrophic
[Reply]
notorious 07:40 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
What's you build on that gun?
She is stock.

I thought about tricking it out but in the end it's a shotgun made to shoot perps inside of 15-20 feet.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:52 PM 04-14-2020
I bought a cheap kel tec sub2000 a couple weeks ago, going to pick it up from FFL tomorrow.

Thats 2 pistol caliber carbines in the collection, and a wishlist about a mile long. Does anyone else have an unhleathy obsession with PCCs?
[Reply]
notorious 07:54 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I bought a cheap kel tec sub2000 a couple weeks ago, going to pick it up from FFL tomorrow.

Thats 2 pistol caliber carbines in the collection, and a wishlist about a mile long. Does anyone else have an unhleathy obsession with PCCs?
I wouldn't mind a .45 or 9 AR. .45 might be better because it would be subsonic and heaven with a suppressor.
[Reply]
Page 174 of 341
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Up