ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 341
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Munson 02:30 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen:
I need to get to the range, again. Last time I was at The Bullet Hole some jackass was in the bay next to me standing 4 feet behind the bay countertop rapid firing his .357, hitting the target holder @ 5 yards every other shot. Quickly packed up my shit and informed the staff and left.

Shit like that is why I haven't been to the Bullet Hole since Centerfire opened up.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:36 PM 05-25-2019
Things like that make me happy I have 600 acres to shoot on. I want no part of gun ranges with the everyday Rambos out there
[Reply]
Frazod 02:38 PM 05-25-2019
Maybe the ranges in Missouri and Kansas are more lenient when it comes to people like that, but up here in the Chicago area the ROs would be on anybody doing that like stink on shit. Between the insurance requirements and generally gun hostile local governmental agencies, they really have no choice.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:38 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:
Things like that make me happy I have 600 acres to shoot on. I want no part of gun ranges with the everyday Rambos out there
God I miss those days. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:05 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Perhaps, but I don't need another friggin caliber of ammo to have to stockpile. I'm down to either .45 or 9mm, with the exception of the .40 I use as a nightstand gun. And I'd get rid of it if I hadn't sank as much into it as I paid for it initially in work/parts.
You could always transition away from the 9mm and have two good rounds at your disposal. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 03:10 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
You could always transition away from the 9mm and have two good rounds at your disposal. :-)

[Reply]
Raiderhater 05-25-2019, 03:23 PM
This message has been deleted by Raiderhater.
Raiderhater 03:30 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
:-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:36 PM 05-25-2019
For those who know little to nothing about 10mm I’ll share its story. It was the history of the round that captured my attention; a round too hot to handle for the weak waisted accountants at the FBI got me excited. That was just part of a very rough outing, and through all of it the round has refused to die. Add in the versatility of a round that on the low end mimics it’s retarded .40 cal child and on the high end reaches low end .41 mag, you have a platform that will meet almost all of your handgun needs (smaller guns for CCW are an issue because they don’t have the barrel length to fully capitalize on the round, but a couple are made). Even if you decide it is not for you, it is still an interesting read.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...-the-big-deal/
[Reply]
chinaski 09:49 PM 05-25-2019
For those who know little to nothing about 10mm I’ll share its story. It was the history of the round that captured my attention; a round too hot to handle for the weak waisted accountants at the FBI got me excited. That was just part of a very rough outing, and through all of it the round has refused to die. Add in the versatility of a round that on the low end mimics it’s retarded .40 cal child and on the high end reaches low end .41 mag, you have a platform that will meet almost all of your handgun needs (smaller guns for CCW are an issue because they don’t have the barrel length to fully capitalize on the round, but a couple are made). Even if you decide it is not for you, it is still an interesting read.

The round was developed by Jeff Cooper with Dornaus & Dixon specifically for the Bren 10, Norma of Sweden had a hand in it as well. It's a very interesting cartridge.

As far as the public range thing, getting muzzle swept and shooting next to idiots is precisely why I joined a private club...I either shoot there where it is relatively quiet and civilized, or go to BLM land...or shoot in the National Forest where it is permitted.

I am a firm and staunch believer and supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but there are a lot of idiots with guns.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:50 PM 05-25-2019
Took my Girsan 1911 along with my AR15 and AR15-22. I am IN LOVE with the 1911. I had about 3 misfeeds in 50 rounds. Which sounds about right for breaking in. My shot group was exceptionally tight. While I was there the guy in the lane next to me was shooting a "Judge". I complimented him on it and watch as he destroyed targets with it. He offered to let me shoot it and wow, that was a blast.

Back to the 1911, I think I'm going to pop for a second one of a " higher" quality maybe a Ruger or Springfield, just to see any difference.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:13 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Took my Girsan 1911 along with my AR15 and AR15-22. I am IN LOVE with the 1911. I had about 3 misfeeds in 50 rounds. Which sounds about right for breaking in. My shot group was exceptionally tight. While I was there the guy in the lane next to me was shooting a "Judge". I complimented him on it and watch as he destroyed targets with it. He offered to let me shoot it and wow, that was a blast.

Back to the 1911, I think I'm going to pop for a second one of a " higher" quality maybe a Ruger or Springfield, just to see any difference.
Here is a decent article that rolls through some different 1911s

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-1911-pistols/
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:13 PM 05-26-2019

It's a great round for sure, and I also love the .357 Sig, which is another great round that doesn't get a lot of attention.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:40 PM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I should've mentioned that several Colts can be had for between $850-$1000, at least on BGS. Probably elsewhere a well.

I don't own any really high-end 1911s, but I've shot a few, including a couple Les Baers, a Dan Wesson, a couple Wilson Combats, and a Nighthawk. If I was made of money, I could carry a WC or NH without fear. But one of the caveats to these high-end guns is that they have to be kept clean. That means field stripping it weekly regardless of whether it's been shot, and cleaning then lubing the thing.

Also, you have to take the time and expense of figuring out what ammo works perfectly in your particular gun. Again, if you're made of money, this is not a problem, and if you can afford one of these things, then you're made of money, basically.

Someday I plan on getting a Wilson Combat, as having a unique, designed-by-me 1911 just appeals to me. But I probably won't ever carry it.
You also have to break the these guns in, for example, the Les Baers recommends about 500 rounds be put through it before it's fully broken in.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:19 PM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Also, just curious on opinions...I traded a safe queen pistol I had for a Springfield XDM a few years back, While I don't hate the pistol, I don't adore it either....was thinking about trading it in....maybe a Glock 20 or 21? Thoughts?
If I was a cop and I had a choice for a duty pistol, that is not CC, I'd go with the XDM in .40S&W with the 5.25 barrel. It's a 16+1 magazine and it shoots just like a Glock 17. JMHO...
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:47 PM 05-27-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:
Here is a decent article that rolls through some different 1911s

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-1911-pistols/

I own that Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Mil-Spec and wouldn't trade it for a Dan Wesson or an Ed Brown. Why? it simply works for me.

The Colt I carried in Vietnam has a place on the wall of my office, never to be fired again. Don't ask how it made its' way back from Vietnam. :-)

These guns are in my "arsenal" simply because I can bet my life on them (and have) many times. Guns like that, you hold on to.
[Reply]
Page 154 of 341
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Up