ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who will start at Left Tackle on Week 1?
Wanya Morris 20 13.25%
Donovan Smith (re-signed) 69 45.70%
Kingsley Suamataia 40 26.49%
Darian Kinnard 0 0%
Lucas Niang 0 0%
Jawaan Taylor 7 4.64%
Chukwuebuka Godrick 1 0.66%
A veteran interior offensive lineman currently on the roster 1 0.66%
One of the new rookie interior linemen (C.J. Hanson or Hunter Nourzad) 0 0%
Some veteran free agent not listed elsewhere 8 5.30%
Some rookie free agent not listed elsewhere 0 0%
Eric Fisher 0 0%
Mike Remmers 1 0.66%
Orlando Brown, Jr. 1 0.66%
Left tackle? Mahomes don't need no stinkin' left tackle 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who will be the Week 1 starter at Left Tackle?
Rain Man 09:38 PM 04-28-2024
Poll to follow on three. One, two, three, break!

I went ahead and added the starting left tackle for every Super Bowl in case you're feeling nostalgic. I didn't include Jim Tyrer because of, well, you know why.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:24 AM 04-29-2024
I think they end up taking their lumps with Kingsley. Let him be ready for what's coming in Jan/feb.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:36 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Why are we bringing Smith back? He was sliding to below average at best and was an outright liability down the stretch. Assuming a large part of that was the neck issues but that shit isn't going awaym
Pretty sure we won a SB with him
[Reply]
Hoover 09:38 AM 04-29-2024
Safest bet is to bring back Smith to give Kingsley more time to develop. If there is an injury then you see what you've got.

How many Olinemen do we usually keep on the 53?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:54 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Safest bet is to bring back Smith to give Kingsley more time to develop. If there is an injury then you see what you've got.

How many Olinemen do we usually keep on the 53?
9 or 10
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:03 AM 04-29-2024
T - Taylor, Kingsley, Morris
G - Thuney, Smith, Nourzad
C - Creed

Those are your locks.

Caliendo is probably back based on experience. You could include Niang as well. That's 9 right there.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:06 AM 04-29-2024
Why are we bringing Smith back? He was sliding to below average at best and was an outright liability down the stretch. Assuming a large part of that was the neck issues but that shit isn't going awaym
If KC drafted a LT with a top 10 pick who was plug and play, I could see him starting day 1.

I'm not saying what KC should do, but I would be very surprised if Andy's plan A is having a 'project' rookie learn on the job at LT.

I would imagine he either thinks there is somebody else already on the roster that can be day 1 LT, or he plans on signing a vet.

Now sure, if King absolutely crushes the competition at camp, Andy may be very reluctantly forced to go against his instinct and start him day 1. But barring that pleasant surprise, I'm expecting he has a different idea.

Of course, in the NFL, plan A doesn't always happen. You can't force Smith to sign a team friendly one year deal for instance.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:09 AM 04-29-2024
Wouldn’t David Bakhtiari be an improvement over Donovan smith? I know he’s injured but Donovan smith is often injured also. As long as Bakhtiari is ready the playoffs, we are fine. Let Kingsley or Wanya play in the regular season?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:14 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Pretty sure we won a SB with him
That same line of thinking is why we went into the season with Moore and Toney pencilled in as the starters.
[Reply]
wazu 10:15 AM 04-29-2024
That same line of thinking is why we went into the season with Moore and Toney pencilled in as the starters.
And won a Super Bowl, BTW.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:21 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
And won a Super Bowl, BTW.
:-) And we had to effectively black ball those two to do it.
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 04-29-2024
If you ok with inconsistent or bad, just save the money and play the young guys.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:26 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you bring back Smith...I guess you cut Niang
Or you just put Caliendo on the PS and carry one less guard...
[Reply]
srvy 10:28 AM 04-29-2024
What happened to Prince Tega Wanogho? The Nigerian Prince was more mysterious than Lucas Niang.
[Reply]
O.city 10:28 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Or you just put Caliendo on the PS and carry one less guard...
Just play the young guys and let Smith ride off into the sunset.

Atleast get thru OTA's and see what you got here.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:30 AM 04-29-2024
Week one I don't think you throw Wanya or Kingsley out there unless you have to. Andy traditionally rolls with Veterans early.

Let's roll the dice on Donovan one more time. Seasoned vet who buys us a little time.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up