ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 28
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza
wazu 02:06 PM 02-22-2024

A big development in KC: Chiefs are signing former Bills punter Matt Araiza, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 22, 2024

[Reply]
MVChiefFan 03:27 PM 02-22-2024
Good lord Veach is a GM savant! What a genius move.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:29 PM 02-22-2024
This playoff stretch we saw some really erratic kicking. Tucker and butker continue to be on mount olympus. Butker should get whatever he asks for.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:31 PM 02-22-2024
Tommy, if you don't want your ring, I will take it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:33 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That’s not a surprise. What would be a surprise is them offering him $4+ million a year.
There are still enough dinosaurs in the league that someone will offer him 3/$12 million.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:42 PM 02-22-2024
Love Tommy but we need all the money we can get to re-sign my guy Jones. Great move Veach
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:43 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He is already making big money by kicker standards. Not like he’s on a rookie deal for peanuts.
Which, in a way, is a good thing.

He's already in the budget at a fairly healthy cap figure. An extension would likely lower that figure a bit this year while also not adding a substantial amount of 'new' money to coming cap sheets.

This isn't like trying to find a way to go from $2 million to $15 million for Bolton. A substantial raise for Butker only adds $3 million to the cap sheet. That should be eminently doable.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:47 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Which, in a way, is a good thing.

He's already in the budget at a fairly healthy cap figure. An extension would likely lower that figure a bit this year while also not adding a substantial amount of 'new' money to coming cap sheets.

This isn't like trying to find a way to go from $2 million to $15 million for Bolton. A substantial raise for Butker only adds $3 million to the cap sheet. That should be eminently doable.
Exactly. You only need $2M per year to pay Butker the same as the current “best kicker ever” salary. $2M is chump change. Simply avoid dumb salaries like MVS above $10M per year and you easily afford top dollar for Butker’s new deal.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:50 PM 02-22-2024
I just read somewhere else that Tommy had hired megadouche Rosenhaus as his agent, which probably means negotiations with him wouldn't have ended well anyway.
[Reply]
notorious 03:52 PM 02-22-2024
NEXT WE SIGN BUFFALO'S FIELD GOAL KICKER

Oh, wait......:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:56 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) Once he said Spagnuolo didn't REALLY mean it when he's said repeatedly over and over again he still wants to be a HC I just kind of gave up on engaging with him. You can literally find hard proof of something and if it goes against the narrative he's crafted in his head he'll do anything to disregard or ignore it. Completely pointless to interact with him.
Ironically, every other sentence I read is "that narrative here" or "going against the narrative" ....his narrative is 75% making up other people's narratives.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:58 PM 02-22-2024
Ever notice that Tommy finds his way into almost every shot?

Trophy presentation, Reid saying How Bout Those Chiefs in the locker room, anything Chiefs biggest moment related and there's Tommy

Its kind of funny for a punter
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:58 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I just read somewhere else that Tommy had hired megadouche Rosenhaus as his agent, which probably means negotiations with him wouldn't have ended well anyway.

Tommy is looking to cash in, and who can blame him? No hard feelings. Win-win situation.
[Reply]
notorious 04:00 PM 02-22-2024
Two rings. Go get that back Tommy.

Make sure you choke a kick or two against us, though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Tommy is looking to cash in, and who can blame him? No hard feelings. Win-win situation.
And Rosenhaus is the right guy for that.

I don't love seeing him representing any of our key guys, but he's a pro. He knows how to get things done. He knows how far he can push things. He knows when it's time to pull the chute and get the best possible deal for his client instead of ride the train into a mountain.

If there's a good deal for Tommy out there, Rosenhaus will get it for him.

If I were a Free Agent or even someone entering my FA year, he'd probably be the guy I hired. He might be a douche and embody everything we hate about 'sleazy agents', but he's really damn good at his job.

Go get it, Tommy. I'm just happy it won't be with us.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:01 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
****ing kickers are a dime a dozen..
Do you remember the 90's?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 28
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up