ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 57
« First < 2424849505152 53545556 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
DJ's left nut 03:45 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Arraez in the leadoff spot with Bobby behind him. His defense isn't that great. Would have put Garcia down in the sixth spot or so. Probably his natural spot.
Boy that's an understatement.

Dude's a modern day Tony Gwynn and he's such a butcher out there that teams can't figure out where to play him so they trade him.

I'm only half joking when I say I'd try to convert him to C. With the probability of robo-umps in the future and the rise of pitch-com, any swinging dick with a glove on his wrist can manage to play C these days.

Give him 4 months to learn the footwork and he's gotta be at least playable back there. He can't be any worse than Tony Cruz was defensively - he was a 3b conversion project who didn't do anything correctly behind the dish. he still managed several years in MLB despite also not being able to hit worth a damn.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:29 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Boy that's an understatement.

Dude's a modern day Tony Gwynn and he's such a butcher out there that teams can't figure out where to play him so they trade him.

I'm only half joking when I say I'd try to convert him to C. With the probability of robo-umps in the future and the rise of pitch-com, any swinging dick with a glove on his wrist can manage to play C these days.

Give him 4 months to learn the footwork and he's gotta be at least playable back there. He can't be any worse than Tony Cruz was defensively - he was a 3b conversion project who didn't do anything correctly behind the dish. he still managed several years in MLB despite also not being able to hit worth a damn.
Or just DH him most days. Royals kind of have a hole there unless its days that Salvy takes off behind the plate. But its moot
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:46 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Arraez in the leadoff spot with Bobby behind him. His defense isn't that great. Would have put Garcia down in the sixth spot or so. Probably his natural spot.
Arraez would have been so fucking sweet to get. BWJ would probably lead the league in RBIs if he were out lead off guy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:53 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Arraez would have been so fucking sweet to get. BWJ would probably lead the league in RBIs if he were out lead off guy.
Boy, with his contact rates and the fact that you'd definitely get to BWJ in the first inning either way, I think I'd put him in the 2 hole with Garcia in the 1 spot still. Because he has such good bat/ball skills you could have him take a couple pitches if you wanted to give Garcia a chance to run. You'd have BWJ in a better RBI spot most of the time. You could use hit and run really well with Arraez ahead of Witt as well whenever you had Garcia on base.

I think it opens up the run production potential of Witt a little more if you did that. Would cost him a handful of ABs over the course of the season; probably about 15-20 PAs based on most models. But I think you'd make it up with a slightly more dangerous top of the order.

But...moot.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 11:00 AM 05-06-2024
I couldn't stand Arraez with the Twins, he just absolutely killed us every game.
[Reply]
cmh6476 03:02 PM 05-06-2024
Did the game time get moved up?
[Reply]
PHOG 03:39 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Did the game time get moved up?
6:10 is what I see.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:12 PM 05-06-2024
My God Bally can't do a single fucking thing right. Pay $20/month so I can stream the Royals and the app is constantly buffering or I have to get all the way out and get back in for it to work. I have no problems streaming anything at my house...

...besides Bally fucking sports. God I hate this company with a passion.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 07:39 AM 05-07-2024
My God Bally can't do a single ****ing thing right. Pay $20/month so I can stream the Royals and the app is constantly buffering or I have to get all the way out and get back in for it to work. I have no problems streaming anything at my house...

...besides Bally ****ing sports. God I hate this company with a passion.
I have the same problem. Fiber internet no problems streaming anything but I’m constantly having to close out the Bally app and get back in. So frustrating
[Reply]
BWillie 12:00 PM 05-07-2024
My God Bally can't do a single fucking thing right. Pay $20/month so I can stream the Royals and the app is constantly buffering or I have to get all the way out and get back in for it to work. I have no problems streaming anything at my house...

...besides Bally fucking sports. God I hate this company with a passion.
They finally fixed it so I don't have to log in every single day so I do appreciate that!

It is embarrassing for then they have that ballys placeholder commercial on repeat because they cant get anyone to advertise there.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:23 PM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
They finally fixed it so I don't have to log in every single day so I do appreciate that!

It is embarrassing for then they have that ballys placeholder commercial on repeat because they cant get anyone to advertise there.
That fucking sports noise commercial is the god damn worst.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:26 PM 05-07-2024
That fucking sports noise commercial is the god damn worst.
It's on right now and I hate it.

Here's a basketball dribbling and some shoe squeaks. That'll be $20/month please
[Reply]
TLO 11:55 AM 05-07-2024
Someone tell me why I should like Vinnie Pasquantino
[Reply]
BWillie 11:59 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
He's been playing fine. Generally hitting the ball hard. Bad bapip. Just unlucky. Sure its annoying when he grounds in double plays because he's slow but he has a professional approach at the plate and I have little concern he wont ops over .750...probably just a tad over .800
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:12 PM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
He might become Mike Sweeney someday?
[Reply]
Page 52 of 57
« First < 2424849505152 53545556 > Last »
Up