« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:51 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
And Dorsey signed 50 year old tamba hali to an awful ass contract. Not to mention his other bad contracts. It goes both ways.
Posted via Mobile Device
Dorsey runs laps around Reid in player evaluation and roster building. You're a fucking moron if you think otherwise
[Reply]
O.city 02:51 PM 06-22-2017
Reid not gonna be the gm.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:51 PM 06-22-2017

[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:52 PM 06-22-2017
This is all Green Bay opportunity. It's the only way Dorsey could leave without being called a liar. It saves him face and Clark bites the bullet.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:52 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Definitely a Reid power move

Put up or shut up andy

[Reply]
penbrook 02:52 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ian Rappaport just said on NFL Network that he heard that Dorsey weighed in on the potential GB job even though he liked KC. Clark knew about this and made the decision now.

The press release sure makes this seem accurate. "We decided to make this move now to allow John to pursue other opportunities."
No surprise here.
[Reply]
FringeNC 02:52 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
It's not a stretch of it's been floated around for 2 years now!!
It's a stretch that Reid would have Hunt fire his friend rather than let it play out naturally.
[Reply]
Iczer 02:52 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaWolf:
Reid has had full power since day 1. He hired Dorsey. Reid is the one who pushed for the Alex trade. Reid is the one who pushed for Mahomes. Whoever they bring in for GM will be answering to Reid.

Could be that they saw Dorsey as an excellent scout but as a poor manager of the cap and the nuances of negotiation (Emanuel Sanders negotiation, Maclin tampering, Tamba Hali contract snafu, waiting too long on deals for Berry and Houston, cutting Maclin). Or maybe Dorsey wanted more control and they weren't willing to give it to him. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out...
The negotation part is interesting... i know it happens, but why does it seem that every key player that KC has needed to sign recently has been so long an drawn out and then you hear how easy it was for the faders to sign Carr? Part of the reason could also be due to the cap hell we're already in.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:52 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Reid not gonna be the gm.
He might not have the title, but if it's Veach you can bet your ass Reid will have final say on personnel moves.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:52 PM 06-22-2017

[Reply]
ModSocks 02:52 PM 06-22-2017
What a fucking disaster. Are you kidding me, Chiefs?

Are you fucking kidding me?

I don't even....man.....

WTF....
[Reply]
penbrook 02:52 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
It's a stretch that Reid would have Hunt fire his friend rather than let it play out naturally.
It's business not personal
[Reply]
-King- 02:52 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Extending Reid and letting Dorsey walk is about as nightmare a scenario as I can imagine.

Hope to christ this organization isn't about to turn into the clown show that Philadelphia turned into around 2010-2012 when Reid was in charge.
Reid was the executive vp of football operations since 2001. Not 2010
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Buckweath 02:53 PM 06-22-2017
Lol I can't believe some fans are dumb enough not to see Dorsey was an brilliant GM for us.

I think he was or is in the discussion for best GM in the league.

Criticize Smith and Reid all you want and yes Dorsey made a few mistakes you could say, like any other GM, but he did a terrific job.

He made me felt like this team would be a perennial winner.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Look, I've been a huge Dorsey proponent and it's easy to look at his accomplishment and how they've positively impacted the Chiefs organization.

But, IMO, this move, while shocking, shouldn't be unexpected.

The Chiefs dumped Trip McCracken and Will Lewis and dumped some scouts. Dorsey has clearly made some errors during his tenure including Dunta Robinson, Vance Walker, Dwayne Bowe, Jeremy Maclin and Mike McGlynn, not to mention being punked by Justin Houston and Eric Berry's agents.

Additionally, this firing occurred just two days after it was revealed the Jeremy Maclin played through a groin injury, the same Maclin that was released by Dorsey via voicemail. The Chiefs cap is a disaster, thanks to stupid deals to Tamba Hali (after taking a $4 million dollar cap hit), cutting Jaye Howard just a year after extending him, Maclin's deal, etc.

I don't know if the Maclin reveal was the proverbial "Straw that broke the camel's back", but it wouldn't be surprising.

I don't know, at this point, how it makes the team better in the short term and long term, but I can understand why it was done, especially if Dorsey had his sights on replacing Ted Thompson eventually.
You cannot expect a GM to come in with that chicken shit of a roster and expect him to start winning immediately and NOT have the cap bear some strain. That's the nature of the beast, especially when the roster depth he inherited was absolute garbage and he had to hit the market to even put a credible product on the field.

The man took the reigns of a 2-14 team with zero credible NFL quarterbacks on the roster and in the next 4 years averaged 11 wins/season and went to the playoffs three times.

What in the actual fuck happened to measuring a person's performance by the totality of the circumstances?

No, you're just wrong. This absolutely 'should be surprising' because it's fucking idiotic. You do not fire a guy that was instrumental in the turnaround that this team has gone through. Because if this is Clark's way of doing things, we're going to be Al Davis's 'fire and forget', unstable as fuck Raiders in real short order.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 137
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up