ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 31
« First < 172324252627 28293031 >
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:44 AM 02-27-2020
Who tf is Damien Smith?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:52 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He's been good for sure. I never said in my post that he wasn't. Still doesn't change the fact he came into a great situation that made his job easier than it would be for a GM trying to turn around a shit team like say the Cardinals.

I'm not sold on Veach being a great GM yet. Way too small of a sample size. Give it another year or two and see how he does. Hopefully you guys are right but for now IMO the jury is still out.
your take has usually been-talk to me after they win a SB. Talk to me after the season.

Now, it's 'too small a sample size'.

I'm sorry, I was busy looking at this shiny Lombardi trophy, did you say something?

Good lord, man.

They won the fucking thing. The whole fucking thing.

Veach was a big part of that.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:49 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
your take has usually been-talk to me after they win a SB. Talk to me after the season.

I'm sorry, I was busy looking at this shiny Lombardi trophy, did you say something?

Good lord, man.

They won the ****ing thing. The whole ****ing thing.

I've always believed the Chiefs could win a SB w Reid even when Alex Smith was here I said they could. So the whole 'talk to me after they win a SB' is absolute BS...

Yes Veach was a big part of the SB win and he has done a good, if not great job so far. I hope he kills it the rest of the time here as a Chiefs GM but that's not going to stop me from being objective.

He was put in a great situation. Anyone denying that is just being a homer.
[Reply]
penchief 09:13 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Who tf is Damien Smith?
Sorry, edited to Damien Williams. I'm not usually up that late but I couldn't sleep. So I was probably a little tired when typing.
[Reply]
penchief 02-27-2020, 09:21 AM
This message has been deleted by penchief. Reason: wrong post
dlphg9 09:23 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Yeah it’s been an awful 2 1/2 years.
Im not sure why you are calling out this post like it was some absurd comment?
[Reply]
penchief 09:28 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He was put in a great situation. Anyone denying that is just being a homer.
Well, he's been there for the entire ride. And when considering his input on the drafting of Mahomes, one has to think he's been a big part of it from the start.

That said, if you want to evaluate him based on just the work he's done in the two years since becoming GM, that list I put up is pretty damn impressive. Show me another GM who has done as well in the past two years.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:48 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Good lord, man.

They won the ****ing thing. The whole ****ing thing.

The way he plugged up holes this season when we needed a guy- was pretty amazing. Pennel ended up being a cornerstone of that defense and looks like he might stick around a few more years. Talking about pulling a diamond out of the rough.

His other big moves panned out when it counted most as well- Sammy, Honey Badger, Hitchens and Clark all played well through the playoffs and SB. Hell, even slow-ass Ragland chipped in.

The coaching staff was also pretty great-according to the praise of the players themselves. Guys really bought into their techniques and coaching, especially in the secondary.

I am very impressed with Veech so far. Looking forward to seeing how he navigates this important Free Agency with Jones and Watkins- then the draft, to get us loaded up for another run.

The moves he makes in the next few months will not only affect this year-but will impact us several years down the road with the cap.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:53 AM 02-27-2020
Firing John Dorsey made sense!
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:56 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
C'mon, man. Veach has been killing it. Maybe that first draft wasn't the greatest but once he got his legs under him he's been nails. Let's do a quick review.

Player for player trades:

1. Eric Murray for Emanuel Ogbah: Homerun
2. Parker Ehringer for Charvarius Ward: Homerun
3. Alex Smith for Kendall Fuller, 3rd round pick that turned into Nnadi: Homerun.
4. Carlos Hyde for Martinas Rankin: Homerun

Draft picks for player trades:

1. 1st & 2nd for Frank Clark: Homerun
2. 4th for Reggie Ragland: Solid contributor and part-time starter.
3. 5th for Cam Erving: Decent depth.
4. 6th for Jordan Lucas: Solid depth.
5. 6th for Darren Lee: Whiff.

Other teams Practice Squad:

1. Harrison Butker: Homerun

Major Free Agents:

1. Tyrann Mathieu: Homerun
2. Sammy Watkins: Starter, major contributor that came up big in big games.
3. Anthony Hitchens: Starter, major contributor, albeit overpaid.
4. Alex Okafor: Starter, very good player before injury.
5. Bashaud Breeland: Starter, major contributor, came up big several times.
6. Damien Wilson: Dang close to a homerun. Easily our best linebacker.
7. Xavier Williams: Whiff

Low Level Free Agents:

1. Damien Williams: Homerun, fits the offense, came up big in big games.
2. Mo Claiborne: Emergency depth.
3. Chad Henne: Solid backup and veteran presence.
4. LeSean McCoy: Emergency depth, filled in effectively during Smith's injury.
5. Austin Reiter: Starter, replaceable but got the job done.
6. Andrew Wylie: Part-time starter, replaceable but did his part.

Off the Couch:

1. Mike Pennel: Homerun.
2. Stefan Wisniewski: Homerun
3. Matt Moore: Homerun

Waiver Wire:

1. Terrell Suggs: Exactly what we needed at exactly that moment.

Draft:

Veach has had two drafts and a total of 12 picks, including zero 1st round picks. Of those 12 picks, 10 are still with the team. McKenzie has been the only wasted pick. Tremon Smith contributed as a 6th round pick on Kick returns. Breeland Speaks is the key to the 2018 draft, as Nnadi is the only top line player from the class.

The 2019 draft has yielded four major contributors and one rookie starter. All four are probably future starters in Hardman, Thornhill, Saunders, and Fenton. Again, four potential starters with no first round pick.

So I don't know what criteria you are using to evaluate Veach's performance but I think you might be missing the boat. Dude did what he needed to do to fix the defense in one season and it was enough to win the championship. He definitely should have been considered for executive of the year.
Great list- thanks for posting.

Veech deserves an A grade for these moves and winning a SB.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:59 AM 02-27-2020
I think Veach has done a great job, especially last year in FA. He has picked up a lot of good players.

I still am not completely sold on the drafting.

2018 was really bad.

2019 was very solid but not spectacular. One great draft would really help solidify things.

The biggest miss in FA has been Hitchens.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:02 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think Veach has done a great job, especially last year in FA. He has picked up a lot of good players.

I still am not completely sold on the drafting.

2018 was really bad.

2019 was very solid but not spectacular. One great draft would really help solidify things.
2018 he got Nnadi. That’s a win

2019 literally every single draft pick played a role except Allegretti but he was a 7th round pick so that’s expected. Hardman, Thornhill, Saunders and my most surprising draft pick that everyone said wtf to when drafted RASHAD MOTHERFUCKING FENTON!!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:06 AM 02-27-2020
2018 he got Nnadi. That’s a win

2019 literally every single draft pick played a role except Allegretti but he was a 7th round pick so that’s expected. Hardman, Thornhill, Saunders and my most surprising draft pick that everyone said wtf to when drafted RASHAD MOTHER****ING FENTON!!
Thornhill was a very needed pick, our safeties were horrible. I really love watching Hardman play WR but I don't think he's ready to take Sammy's spot yet.

Saunders is a question mark but DL can take a year or two to find what you have.

What I'm hoping to see this year is a steal or two. A pro bowl player we grab at 32 or a top end player we find in the 2nd.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:07 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Thornhill was a very needed pick, our safeties were horrible. I really love watching Hardman play WR but I don't think he's ready to take Sammy's spot yet.

Saunders is a question mark but DL can take a year or two to find what you have.

What I'm hoping to see this year is a steal or two. A pro bowl player we grab at 32 or a top end player we find in the 2nd.
Don’t be surprised if Veach moves up or down. Veach has major balls
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:10 AM 02-27-2020
Don’t be surprised if Veach moves up or down. Veach has major balls

We really could use help at linebacker. Queen or Baun there. I doubt he drops but if he did I would have to think hard about Leviska Shenault. We could use him the way the Saints use Michael Thomas as a big #1 possession WR that moves the sticks.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:27 AM 02-27-2020
Lol only that buttfucking moron PAChiefsGuy would try to diminish Veach’s role in winning a SB
[Reply]
Page 27 of 31
« First < 172324252627 28293031 >
Up