ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 104
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:31 AM 01-31-2022
This isn’t on Andy. Kelce was open and Patrick held onto the ball in a clean pocket. No idea what he was thinking

I think not throwing to Kelce or Pringle on the third-and-goal stripsack is going to haunt Mahomes all offseason. pic.twitter.com/3Nh5Y2jHHd

— Bill Barnwell (@billbarnwell) January 31, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yep. Pat shares the majority of the blame, but it's not quite 80% imo. This was a full team collapse. From Jones not finishing on his sacks, to Andy's playcalling, to Hill and Kelce not pulling in tough catches they were capable of pulling in. Truth be told a lot of people on this team had a chance to make the play that could have won it for us, but in the end -- they didn't.

In regards to Andy, you can't look at the scheme the Bengals were running and it least try a drive made up of runs in a power formation. Andy's playcall at the end of the half, while on Pat's shoulders to throw it away, also deserves scrutiny (and he's admitted as much).

You can only blow so many 18 point playoff leads before some of the blame gets tagged to you.

Still wouldn't trade him for the world, tho
It was like the Colts loss in Indy or the Titans loss in Arrowhead.

Both games were games where about a half-dozen guys had opportunities to make plays - not terribly difficult ones at that - that would've salvaged a mess and allowed us to survive it.

And none of them did. Be it Jones or Hill or Kelce failing to make doable plays. Or Clark getting shut-out or Bolton falling victim in space or Mathieu being largely a non-factor. Be it Mahomes falling on his face on a bunch of different 3rd down plays that could've kept us afloat or Andy not changing the playcalls enough to keep us out of those situations.

It's arguably the worst loss of my lifetime because it was just so inexplicable. So many things had to fall apart simultaneously and all of them did.

This is a bad beat. This should hurt everyone involved for quite some time. I don't want any slogans next season. I don't want any 'tours' or predictions of 17-0. I want a team that takes a long, cold, sober look in the mirror and comes back ready to focus and win a championship.

Because for all the talk of the 'unprecedented feat' of hosting 4 straight Conference Championships - we have one Lombardi to show for it. And really I think we had the best team in the league 3 of those seasons. At a point this team needs to stop thinking 'dynasty' and start thinking 'lets not be the Packers or the Seahawks, fellas...'

And that's just going to take a back to the basics approach. They're going to have to prove themselves all over again and they need to approach everything they do over the coming months with just such a mindset.

Y'all ain't the bullies in the schoolyard anymore. You just got punched in the mouth and knocked the fuck out. Conduct yourselves accordingly.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:33 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This isn’t on Andy. Kelce was open and Patrick held onto the ball in a clean pocket. No idea what he was thinking
Everybody in the seats went into that snap thinking "Kelce over the middle - take this home..."

And everybody in the seats saw him break open.

It just didn't make any sense. Mahomes lost it. He was put in a position to succeed - several times - and he just wouldn't pull the trigger.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:36 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Everybody in the seats went into that snap thinking "Kelce over the middle - take this home..."

And everybody in the seats saw him break open.

It just didn't make any sense. Mahomes lost it. He was put in a position to succeed - several times - and he just wouldn't pull the trigger.
You know it's bad when casual fans think it was fake...My near 70 year old mom texted me that Patrick threw the game.

My social media is full of that talk.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:49 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

definitely should have thrown it to Kelce. Pringe was more iffy and probably didn't want a take a chance to get another tipped INT.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:00 PM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is a bad beat. This should hurt everyone involved for quite some time. I don't want any slogans next season. I don't want any 'tours' or predictions of 17-0. I want a team that takes a long, cold, sober look in the mirror and comes back ready to focus and win a championship.

Because for all the talk of the 'unprecedented feat' of hosting 4 straight Conference Championships - we have one Lombardi to show for it. And really I think we had the best team in the league 3 of those seasons. At a point this team needs to stop thinking 'dynasty' and start thinking 'lets not be the Packers or the Seahawks, fellas...'

And that's just going to take a back to the basics approach. They're going to have to prove themselves all over again and they need to approach everything they do over the coming months with just such a mindset.

Y'all ain't the bullies in the schoolyard anymore. You just got punched in the mouth and knocked the **** out. Conduct yourselves accordingly.
Michael Jordan when he came back, got his shit pushed in by the Orlando Magic. Nick Anderson stole his rock to win a game. Came back and had the 72 win season. Sometimes being humbled is the best thing that can happen to you.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:45 PM 01-31-2022
Yeah, it's hard to know how this team will respond to this collapse. Prior to this, it was the Chiefs who rattled other teams and got them nervous. Watching the end of the first half, I thought there was no way a repeat of the prior game against the Bengals was going to occur. I was correct; that game was due to dropped passes and penalties. This game was much, much worse. This was at home, for much higher stakes and a game where they can't point a finger anywhere except at themselves.

The AFC is much tougher than the NFC and we don't even know how the new kid in Jacksonville will pan out. The Chiefs have been shown to be mortal, blood is in the water and the sharks are circling...

Oh yeah...

Behind every great QB is a coach willing to be given the credit.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:32 PM 01-31-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:11 AM 02-06-2022
I want to say this about Andy Reid, I tried in another thread but got blasted for saying something positive.

Ok So Andy Reid has gone to several NFCCG in Phily and lost several but he did punch through and got to a Super Bowl only to lose ironically because his quarterback didn't play as well but got beat. Coach puts in more work it's well documented that the man sleeps football and wakes up spends more than most coaches in the league even during the offseason. Ok so he has gone to and lost several NFCCG and a Super Bowl and eventually got stale in Phily his time ran it's course and we happened to need a HC. Clark jumped on that and grabbed him and made Pioli sit outside while they negotiated his contract. Then fired Pioli.

Onto the success Andy Reid has brought us he turned this franchise around and made this a winning product on the field and was stubborn about passing the ball I think the failures Alex had was that Andy wanted to pass too much when he got here he said he'd pass on about every down we as fans were stoked because all we ever did was run the ball. With Alex he was good with about 25 passing reps a game but giving him more than that he quite abbit struggled, but he got us a playoff victory.

Then the good part we got the Showtime Patrick Mahomes and he took the league by the storm doing crazy shit to win and awe everyone and people flocked to Arrowhead to see this phenom. His first year starting got us in over time in the AFCC Game and lost but didn't even get a chance to do anything in overtime. The very next year and what I'm saying is Andy Reid has gone to many NFCC games and went to a Super Bowl but now with Andy leadership we were very resilient to overcome any deficient and this team rallied and Andy Reid busted down the door to the Super Bowl LIV and we won it all.

The next year we were Kings and top of the mountain and we fought our way back to the Super Bowl but unfortunately Eric Fisher tore his ACL and was out for the Super Bowl and we didn't really have much of a fighting chance against the Bucks but they were the dominant better team and I was told it's just excuses about the refs and offensive line but to get there was still fun and exiting. Now comes the gut check we were down 3/4 first part of the season and things looked bleak but we had a spark and GM Vooch brought in a DE that made Spags redefine his defense and we started win games spite struggles of Patrick Mahomes but as the season went on Patrick learned and got himself back to being himself and tore that shit up especially ripped the Raiders a new asshole twice. So then we win enough games win the division the Tits get knocked out and we rallied to beat the Bills .13 seconds to tie the game no matter what script the NFL has that is basically impossible to script and practice because you can't practice against what the other team is doing and you can't count on a field goal to put you into overtime you can just hope. We won the damn game but we fought for it.

Onto the AFCCG and for what ever reason I'll just say it Pat and Andy choked the game and more than that Bengals just wanted it more than we did. They banked on Andy passing the ball and with in-completions stops the clock unlike running plays the clock keeps going. These players put their bodies on the line every play chance to get hurt and I think Patrick wanted to be the Grim Reaper again so bad that it got in his head i think he patted the ball but was hesitant and in the pocket you have seconds to make a decision and he held onto the ball instead of throwing it then thought the could make an incredible play that he has done time and time again but choked and that's ok this was a learning year or curve that Patrick never had to experience before because the league didn't know what to do with Patrick so now he has that chance to re prove himself once again and i think with a vengeance.

Again anyways what I really wanted to say after rambling on is that yes Andy Reid has lost many NFCCG but only two AFCCGames he is not a choke artist what he is, a man that keeps coming back and getting his team ready to play in more AFCCgames and winning championships. He knocked down the door twice in a row for the chance to win a Lombardi. We are in well hands to keep fighting and get there again to win another Lombardi regardless of past.

If you have to over come refs then that's part of the game players make plays and its the job of the coach to put them in successful position to do so.

I think Andy needs to work on balance offense and not put it all on Patrick Mahomes II. We beefed the upfront line fucking run it down teams throats make them stop the run then go for the home runs.

I appreciate Andy Reid for working with Breat Vanderbelt and Mr. Clark Hunt giving us Super Bowl LIV and chance to win more Lombardis. They are not easy to come by. We will knock down that door again by God.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:36 AM 02-06-2022
Andy is what his record says he is. 8 title games. 3 SB appearances. 1 SB win.

To get to this particular destinaton, you lose 5/8 title games and you lose 2/3 Superbowls. Thats piss poor display of siezing the opportunity.

It certainly begs the question.

Which is worse, to get to the big one and lose, or to not get there at all?

Reid has had more title games than a lot of coaches. The problem is that its not enough to get there.

Losses are always criticized far more than wins are lauded.

Even with his SB win, Reids legacy will be that of a man who just couldn't close the deal in the biggest games, and owns 3 NFL Top Five playoff collapses.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:28 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

To get to this particular destinaton, you lose 5/8 title games and you lose 2/3 Superbowls. Thats piss poor display of siezing the opportunity.

Reid has had more title games than a lot of coaches. The problem is that its not enough to get there.

Even with his SB win, Reids legacy will be that of a man who just couldn't close the deal in the biggest games, and owns 3 NFL Top Five playoff collapses.

Sean Payton just retired from football or walking away for now he has one Super Bowl but lost quite a few playoff games with Drew Brees mole. Somehow you've got to give Andy Reid credit for dedication to what he is passionate about coaching and if his legacy is about losing a bunch of AFC and NFC championship games and two Super Bowl losses that's quite a shame because he has won as shit ton of games and division titles to compete for the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl but he keeps knocking on the door year after year and we blew the door down twice already with Patrick Mahomes and we will keep going back to that AFCCgame and knock it down again. I know it was a debacle of a second half we had them up against the ropes in the first half but when we went for the knock out the Bengals dodged it and fought back in the second half out coached Andy Reid and made Patrick look foolish on the field because he somehow lost confidence in himself then turned around and tried scrambling but the Bengals got to him because they knew what he was going to do.

I know I'm writing a lot of words but how many coaches get that many opportunities to coach the conferance championships? Marty Schottenheimer was fired after going 14-2 but lost in the playoffs wasn't good enough for the Chargers. How many coaches blow it before the conference championships just one and done and then their team doesn't make it back and coach gets fired. Coaches get fired all the time but Andy Reid has done remarkable in a Not For Long league if you aren't winning you don't get to keep your job.

Seizing the opportunity John Elway lost 5 well lost isn't the right word got crushed in 5 Super Bowls he got his ass kicked but he won two so his legacy is winning two Super Bowls not losing 5. As Chiefs fans we don't look at it the same way. Broncos & Raiders flaunt that they have 3 Super Bowls we only have two. Well we are about to get a few more than that with Patrick and Andy is just going have to make adjustments during game and hope our next OC can help in that department.

If your kid falls off the bike 5 times but gets back on it and rides around the block then falls again but gets back up and rides around the block a couple more times . That's 6 fails to two wins would you be happy as a Dad that the kid learned how to ride the bike or be ashamed he fell 6 times? Kinda the same thing just adults playing and coaching a game If your son playing quarterback wins a state championship as a Junior then Senior year loses the State game after being up at half time but debacles the second half and loses. Wouldn't you still be like man you did good and be supportive win or loss.

I never stopped rooting for the Chiefs when it got ugly I went to the game at Arrowhead we lost to fucking Jemarcus Russell and he only completed three passes and Hermanfuckingtwitball Edwards ran the wild cat. We lost by a field goal. That was the lowest point ever so I thought then Pioli and Cassell happened and we ran Pioli out of town and came in Andy Reid. He may fall off his bike in championship games or as we seen Patrick fall of his bike but come next season they will ride right back to the Championship game together and if we are healthy win another Super Bowl but if we don't we will still be in contention every year because we have a phenomenal quarterback and teammates that get gritty they came back from deficits now they know how that feels so about Andy Reid he has tought them to fight adversity and move on that's all we can do and that's why I appreciate Andy Reid is because win or lose he keeps coming back and gives his teams opportunities to win the big games but it's up to the players to execute and not fold.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:38 AM 02-06-2022
Not getting there...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:03 AM 02-06-2022

What a dumb post
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:06 AM 02-06-2022

I don't see it that way and he is still coaching so he still has opportunity to win a couple more Super Bowls he is 63 yo so he has some time if his health holds up. But even if he doesn't win another Super Bowl he did close the deal in the biggest game and we came back from 20 to 10 to close the deal. To me SB LIV is a big deal and I will celebrate that day and going to that parade party with my daughter would not have happened without Andy Reid. I don't know any other coach that would have turn around the abysmal team and we had the Sea of Black and Andy Reid brought back the Sea of Red.

We went from a 2 & 14 team to start winning the division then winning a playoff game with Alex Smith then going to overtime AFCCGame only a off sides and a flip of a coin kept us from going to Super Bowl LIII Patrick never got the ball in his hands second half but the very next year every playoff game we came back from behind to win and won SB LIV then came back to SB LV with depleted OL but this season was the biggest growing pains this team has had to endure and that will propel us and make Patrick a better quarterback because he has all offseason to think get back his mojo.

This is all why I appreciate Andy Reid he lets his players be themselves and look at the number of playoff victories Andy Reid has and with Patrick we will win a lot more. Maybe I'm just still flying high over SB LIV but we did it and we can do it again.

If you hang out at a barber shop long enough you may get a haircut. Same if you keep going to Championship games you may win a few still hurts to lose and it should hurt to lose but that builds character to go back. Andy Reid has a lot of character in him.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:54 PM 06-10-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 70 of 104
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Up