ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 104
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:36 PM 01-25-2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:50 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Love that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 PM 01-25-2021
Yeah, there was a long of hand wringing over hiring a re-tread coach. I'm pretty sure I was on that train for a bit too.

Bringing on a re-tread QB at the same time was pretty sucky too.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:42 AM 01-26-2021
McDermott was a pussy who settled for FG’s on 4th and short against the Chiefs. LaFluer was a pussy that settled for a FG against Tom Brady at the end of the game.

Appreciate Andy’s assertive nature, regardless of it coming out bc of Patrick.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:47 AM 01-26-2021
Not sure you can really blame him. Josh was playing like shit. He had to take what he could get.

His defense was going to have to make a stop at some point. They just never could :-).

Reminds me so much of us in 2018, just with a worse QB.
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, there was a long of hand wringing over hiring a re-tread coach. I'm pretty sure I was on that train for a bit too.

Bringing on a re-tread QB at the same time was pretty sucky too.
"I was wrong" would be the answer.
[Reply]
O.city 12:16 PM 01-27-2021
Cowherd brought it up this morning so we shoudl talk about it.

Is there a chance Andy catches Belicheck and ends up passing him as the best ever? Bill without Brady just isn't good. We've seen that.

Andy without Mahomes is great, with Mahomes he's an elite coach. He's gonna have Mahomes for 10 years. If he wins next week, then in the next 10 say wins another 3 or 4, and is winning 12 games a year, is he close?
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:36 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Is there a chance Andy catches Belicheck and ends up passing him as the best ever? Bill without Brady just isn't good. We've seen that.

Andy without Mahomes is great, with Mahomes he's an elite coach. He's gonna have Mahomes for 10 years. If he wins next week, then in the next 10 say wins another 3 or 4, and is winning 12 games a year, is he close?
He’d be better than BB in that hypothetical.

SB appearance with multiple teams and QBs.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:12 PM 02-01-2021

.@Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid is LIVE for #SBOpeningNight! #SBLV #RunItBack https://t.co/LlJvjfjwVd

— NFL (@NFL) February 1, 2021

[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:08 PM 02-01-2021
I would not rather have any other coach in the world. Go Big Red!
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 05:10 PM 02-01-2021
I wish Sweet Daddy Hate would come back to this thread to tell us all to eat fuck pie.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:41 PM 02-01-2021

Bill went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. And I don't remember the W-L, but he was something like 8-2 or 9-3 or whatever with Janeane Garofalo and Jacoby Brissett.

You can absolutely blame this shitty year of the Patriots on Bill for refusing to adapt and refusing to restock his team with dudes on offense in the draft and free agency, and you can doubly blame him for putting his faith 100% in Jarrett fucking Stidham until shoulderless Cam Newton swooped in at the last minute. But to blame the season on his coaching? I really don't know about that.

I'm not saying Andy Reid can't be the GOAT coach. Only that as long as Kraft still human trafficks, Belichick will still cheat. He's still Satan, and he still has his little staff of demons to do his bidding. Give him an inch and he'll manage to win a bunch more games. May not ever win the Super Bowl again, but I don't think he really needs to. He just needs to recover.

Now... if he doesn't recover, and the franchise goes tits up, then yeah. It's fair to say he sucks without Brady.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:11 PM 02-01-2021

To be honest, I think Andy is better than Belichick now. Or to be more precise, that Andy Reid has been better than Belichick since coming to KC.

Forget the accomplishments for a second.

Essentially what Bill did was take the traditional formula for winning games and championships to the highest level we've ever seen. Check it: build a great defense. Add an offense that doesn't make mistakes by utilizing the highest percentage plays and game-planning possible. Add QB that can execute that game plan. Done. nothing new to see here, just doing what everyone has always wanted to do at a consistently exceptional level.

OTOH, Andy Reid has single-handedly changed how the NFL thinks about the game, specifically about how to play offense. Andy Reid has been the innovator, to the point that everyone in the league probably has a few Andy Reid plays in their playbooks now. Andy Reid is the one that's consistently and continuously pushing the envelope of what's possible offensively in the NFL. He's the one leading the rest of the league to try and innovate, to look at how to attack defenses differently and more creatively than ever before, since the birth of the forward pass.

And it's Andy that's forcing changes in how defense is played as well. It's his play designs that are driving the changes we seem to see nearly every week in how defenses try to contain offenses and QBs. The days of "we have to stop the run first with our front 7," are nearly gone, replaced now by "we have to get to the QB with our front 4, cover athletic pass-catching TEs/RBs with our LBs, and have opportunistic CB/S play." Brute strength and size are being replaced by situational intelligence, speed and athleticism.

In fact, it's Andy Reid, more than any other play designer, that's forced Bill Belichick to come up with new schemes to try and cope with the Chiefs' offense over the last 8 years. Probably no other HC/OC has driven Belichick as much as Andy Reid, and it's probably not even close.

And look at how organizations are now pushing to find that athletic, high performance hybrid QB now. The pure pocket passer prototype is nearly dead now. Everyone is looking for the next Mahomes. Everyone is looking for the next offensive innovator with the high-octane offensive schemes and play designs, to score as quickly and as often as possible. The "great defensive play and ground and pound rush-first/control the clock" offensive schemes are going the way of the dodo bird.

Bottom line, Andy Reid has pushed the limits of what offense looks like more than any other in NFL history, and consequently what the NFL is going to look like far into the future.

From that perspective, of innovation and enduring fundamental change of the game itself, in my opinion Andy Reid is already the best coach over Belichick.

Ymmv.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:43 AM 02-08-2021
I’m sure Tampa is loving him right now. Nice Job Andy on the 7 points you gave them to end the half.
[Reply]
Danguardace 04:42 AM 02-08-2021
Hate to bitch about Andy but the game plan was pretty terrible. Chiefs should have emptied the play book on creative ways to get the ball in play makers hands and run the ball more like vs the 49ers last year early. I counted 1 Hill carry and hardly any WR screens.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 104
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Up