ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 104
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:32 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I would criticize any other coach in the league for kicking a FG in that spot and so would anyone else here. Not sure why Andy is off limits. He’s the best coach we’ve ever had but he’s not perfect.
To be fair, that FG was the difference in the final score. I didn't agree with the call either, but if we'd gotten stopped on 4th down there, it could have changed everything.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:34 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm pretty glad we had those three points.
I’d rather trust in Mahomes and take the 7.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:39 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
That last possession was the most effective one I have seen Andy manage from a time perspective
Yep Reid and Mahomes were able to kill 4:10 like it was nothing, without running much. Beautiful play designs and execution.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:41 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
To be fair, that FG was the difference in the final score. I didn't agree with the call either, but if we'd gotten stopped on 4th down there, it could have changed everything.
Results based thinking after the fact. Kicking a FG is statistically a win for the defense there. TB showed no ability to stop the offense all night other than the times we took the ball out of Mahomes’ hands through runs or that kick.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:46 PM 11-29-2020
Results based thinking after the fact. Kicking a FG is statistically a win for the defense there. TB showed no ability to stop the offense all night other than the times we took the ball out of Mahomes’ hands through runs or that kick.
We scored 10 points over the final 3 quarters, clearly they made adjustments and were able to stop us to some degree.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:56 PM 11-29-2020
I would criticize any other coach in the league for kicking a FG in that spot and so would anyone else here. Not sure why Andy is off limits. He’s the best coach we’ve ever had but he’s not perfect.
Because coaching is like anything else in sports. You're not going to hit every shot. Or get a hit on every pitch. Or even every plate appearance. And coaches aren't always going to make decisions you agree with.

Andy isn't Doug Marrone or Bill O'Brien or Zac Taylor. Hell, he's not even Bruce Arians.

It's about perspective. Did your top 5 major league hitter strike out? Why even hem and haw about that shit? He's not perfect. So fucking what?
[Reply]
DaFace 08:01 PM 11-29-2020
Regardless of your take on that call, I think we can agree that our inability to convert short yardage situations is kind of a problem. Mahomes generally makes up for it, but it really sucks that our OL can't get a push to save their lives.

If we were better there, I bet Andy would have gone for it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:03 PM 11-29-2020
Being forced to punt the ball away is the same thing in my books.
No. A turnover has a specific definition and punting the ball is not included in it, ever. Learn the proper definitions of the terms used in football. And players that commit illegal acts on the field are not Andy's fault, dipstick.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:05 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
We scored 10 points over the final 3 quarters, clearly they made adjustments and were able to stop us to some degree.
So you blame Andy for Mahomes throwing the ball behind Mecole, and for Patrick getting strip sacked? For the refs throwing a flag at Fish when obviously didn't hold? For a couple dropped passes?

How does that make any kind of sense? Should we blame Andy for tornado season as well?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:06 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Because coaching is like anything else in sports. You're not going to hit every shot. Or get a hit on every pitch. Or even every plate appearance. And coaches aren't always going to make decisions you agree with.

Andy isn't Doug Marrone or Bill O'Brien or Zac Taylor. Hell, he's not even Bruce Arians.

It's about perspective. Did your top 5 major league hitter strike out? Why even hem and haw about that shit? He's not perfect. So ****ing what?
Because it’s an unnecessary strikeout (think bunting with 2 strikes) and one that will cost us eventually if it happens enough times.

We’re almost certainly going to be in the conversation for the greatest dynasty in sports by the time Mahomes’ run is over and that’s the standard we should be holding it to. Pat can literally break the game and take it somewhere no one ever has if we let him.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:07 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No. A turnover has a specific definition and punting the ball is not included in it, ever. Learn the proper definitions of the terms used in football. And players that commit illegal acts on the field are not Andy's fault, dipstick.
If it results in us giving the ball back without scoring (in a game in which Mahomes is absolutely torching the other team), it’s all the same to me.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:08 PM 11-29-2020
Regardless of your take on that call, I think we can agree that our inability to convert short yardage situations is kind of a problem. Mahomes generally makes up for it, but it really sucks that our OL can't get a push to save their lives.

I’d love to hear the explanation as to why because I’ve thought he’s done a very good job this year of going for it in similar spots this year. That was a mistake though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:09 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So you blame Andy for Mahomes throwing the ball behind Mecole, and for Patrick getting strip sacked? For the refs throwing a flag at Fish when obviously didn't hold? For a couple dropped passes?

How does that make any kind of sense? Should we blame Andy for tornado season as well?
He was defending your point BTW.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:14 PM 11-29-2020

It's a great point. We got stoned in the red zone today. Once the field gets that short inside the 5 I think Reid feels he either needs trickery or to throw. The odds of converting there with a standard run against that front were probably less than 30 percent.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:16 PM 11-29-2020
If it results in us giving the ball back without scoring (in a game in which Mahomes is absolutely torching the other team), it’s all the same to me.
So you're ignorant. Fine.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 104
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up