ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
DenverChief 06:47 AM 01-14-2020
In all the celebration about Mahomes/Kelce let’s not forget about Watkins “quiet” contributions on Sunday. A 48 yard catch and run in the first drive of the 3rd quarter to put us deep in Texans territory and set up the first Williams TD run. A14 yard jet sweep run to help set up Damian Williams second TD run and a 28 yard 4th quarter reception that set up the 8 yard TD pass to Bell. Watkins is dangerous and must be accounted for in the field, anytime he can help get chunks of yards to move the offense up and down the field is a good days work
[Reply]
Lzen 08:59 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
As long as Reid learned his lesson and sticks with his pro bowl returner. I don’t want to see Hill back there anymore when we have a guy that’s one of the best returners in the NFL
Did you forget how good Hill has been at returning punts in the past for the Chiefs? That was a rare mistake by him.
[Reply]
tatorhog 09:00 AM 01-14-2020
I don't get the Watkins hate. All he has to do is make a few catches and simply pose a threat. That takes the double off Hill and really is a big piece to making the offense run that much better.

if he has the attention of the DC and it opens other guys up, he's got a lot of value to the overall offense. Stats are meaningless if wins are achieved . Chris Conley couldn't carry Watkins jock strap in terms of overall effectiveness in the offense.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:02 AM 01-14-2020
Some games, Watkins really does look like a #1. I wouldn't be surprised if he's healthy for the first time since week 1. Maybe he can stay that way for two more games.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:03 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
He put together a game Sunday. The guys I'm more scratching my head about are the guys on a contract year. Jones, I'm not REALLY worried about, but WTF dude. Franchise Tag and you're sitting out the Divisional round with a non-football injury?

And Robinson, my GOD man. WTF are you doing? This is your contract year and you go 1 for 4 yards on 4 targets? That's just horrible.
An injury on the 2nd to last play of practice is a non football injury? Also, are you saying hes playing for a tag or on a tag? Regardless, neither are true. Hes playing for a long term deal and tearing something while also being ineffective wouldn't be good for a long term payday.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:06 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
I don't get the Watkins hate. All he has to do is make a few catches and simply pose a threat. That takes the double off Hill and really is a big piece to making the offense run that much better.

if he has the attention of the DC and it opens other guys up, he's got a lot of value to the overall offense. Stats are meaningless if wins are achieved . Chris Conley couldn't carry Watkins jock strap in terms of overall effectiveness in the offense.
I don't think there's much hate anymore. As long as hes healthy, he may be overpaid, but he plays a role. And he does it really unselfishly.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:06 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
There’s a rule where a player can’t throw it away unless he’s the one who ‘first controlled the snap’ AKA the QB. It would have been intentional grounding.
Oh really? Huh, I did not know that. Yeah, I was saying he should have thrown it away. Now I guess I'm glad that he didn't.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 01-14-2020
He's really talented and really good, he's just the 3rd or 4th option in this offense so he's not going to get a lot of chances.

You can't have that option make that much money. Draft a guy and roll with it.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:30 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Ribbs67:
Yeah I don't get the Hill bashing for the muffed punt. He hasn't been back there in a minute. Bound to happen.
Spot on.

There are many here who don't have football eyes nor have played the game. Just the fact that Andy had Hill back there tells you that when the chips are down and we need a "shot in the arm" who he wants back there to make a big play.

Yes Hardman has had a great season BUT he ain't no Tyreek that not only is still faster and quicker than Hardman but Hill has a football body that can take a hit and break a tackle. You can't arm tackle Hill you must hit him squarely and that is difficult enough because he has such water bug ability.

The only mistake Andy probably made was not having Hill take practice punts off the jugs machine and from Colquitt previously during the week.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:36 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
His influence on games is legitimately immeasurable. Having him on the field creates constant mismatches for our other weapons.
Once again, SPOT ON !!

Like I said, there are many here who do not have football eyes nor have never played the game.:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:40 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Spot on.

There are many here who don't have football eyes nor have played the game. Just the fact that Andy had Hill back there tells you that when the chips are down and we need a "shot in the arm" who he wants back there to make a big play.

Yes Hardman has had a great season BUT he ain't no Tyreek that not only is still faster and quicker than Hardman but Hill has a football body that can take a hit and break a tackle. You can't arm tackle Hill you must hit him squarely and that is difficult enough because he has such water bug ability.

The only mistake Andy probably made was not having Hill take practice punts off the jugs machine and from Colquitt previously during the week.
We needed a huge play. Even if tyreek fair catches that or takes a loss, chiefs fans would have applauded Andy Reid for taking a shot. It should have been pretty low risk.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:42 AM 01-14-2020
I like Watkins but at a reduced rate.

The game Sunday was too big for DRob though. Time to move on.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:43 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Spot on.

I guess I didn’t have those homer goggle football eyes you’re raving about, but I did see that shot in the arm somehow inject a lot of life into the other team. It’s pretty simple. Stick with your pro bowl returner. The one that actually gave us that shot in the arm with the kickoff return and pulled us out of that mess.
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 01-14-2020
You can say Watkins influence is immeasurable, seems like that's just....well bullshit. If you're paying a guy that much, you need production. Otherwise, you can draft or sign a cheap free agent guy to do that.

Money is tight now, you can't keep paying guys to "influence" the defense.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:50 AM 01-14-2020
This is an excellent WR class that is deep. Would really like to see us take one in the mid rds
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:51 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
You can say Watkins influence is immeasurable, seems like that's just....well bullshit. If you're paying a guy that much, you need production. Otherwise, you can draft or sign a cheap free agent guy to do that.

Money is tight now, you can't keep paying guys to "influence" the defense.
I was talking about Tyreek, brotha. Someone posted that it was time for him to start earning his paycheck, which is laughable.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up