ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3520 of 3903
« First < 2520302034203470351035163517351835193520 3521352235233524353035703620 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
NotDonger 08:02 AM 06-22-2021
This may have been posted previously, but just in case for those concerned about the safety of the vaccines:

Anaphylaxis after COVID-19 vaccination is rare and has occurred in approximately 2 to 5 people per million vaccinated in the United States. Severe allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, can occur after any vaccination. If this occurs, vaccination providers can effectively and immediately treat the reaction. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis.

Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) after Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J/Janssen) COVID-19 vaccination is rare. As of June 14, 2021, more than 11.7 million doses of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine have been given in the United States. CDC and FDA identified 36 confirmed reports of people who got the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and later developed TTS. Women younger than 50 years old especially should be aware of the rare but increased risk of this adverse event. There are other COVID-19 vaccine options available for which this risk has not been seen. Learn more about J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS.

To date, one confirmed case of TTS following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Moderna) has been reported to VAERS after more than 310 million doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered in the United States. Based on available data, there is not an increased risk for TTS after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination.

Myocarditis and pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. As of June 14, 2021, VAERS has received 511 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis among people ages 30 and younger who received COVID-19 vaccine. Most cases have been reported after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), particularly in male adolescents and young adults. Through follow-up, including medical record reviews, CDC and FDA have confirmed 323 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis. CDC and its partners are investigating these reports to assess whether there is a relationship to COVID-19 vaccination. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and myocarditis.

Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 310 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through June 14, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 5,343 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths.
[Reply]
Red Beans 08:06 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/22/us/fl...eak/index.html
I have absolutely lost all sympathy for the anti-vax crowd. My first response after reading this was, "Good."

My sense of empathy is totally wiped out. It was probably part of the Soros master plan all along.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:20 AM 06-22-2021
These kind of stories will become more prevalent as time goes by. Do you think they will influence anti-vaxxers to get the shot?

Or do you think it will just create new and more interesting conspiracy theories?

Preemptive what does your heart tell you
[Reply]
Red Beans 08:32 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
These kind of stories will become more prevalent as time goes by. Do you think they will influence anti-vaxxers to get the shot?

Or do you think it will just create new and more interesting conspiracy theories?

Unfortunately, it will be the latter... I think most people anti-vaxxers will require someone they are close to, to be hospitalized to get the point across...
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:57 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Red Beans:
I have absolutely lost all sympathy for the anti-vax crowd. My first response after reading this was, "Good."

My sense of empathy is totally wiped out. It was probably part of the Soros master plan all along.
Absolutely, I've given up so much of my time, and by extension my youth, to assist in keeping people safe by social distancing and other preventive measures to "do my part". My sympathy has quickly shifted to schadenfreude. These ignorant dopes are doing more to prolong COVID than the masksexuals are.
[Reply]
sedated 09:10 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Red Beans:
I think most people anti-vaxxers will require someone they are close to, to be hospitalized to get the point across...
I know exactly ONE person that has not been vaccinated, and they just had a friend of a friend die from the new Covid variant. They still say "I will probably get it eventually".

Kinda sad because they are normally the opposite of an anti-vaxxer, and trusts science. I don't know what the deal is with this vaccine.
[Reply]
O.city 09:16 AM 06-22-2021
It will be interesting to see all the places that used a heavy hand to try and suppress this come out of it now. With no immunity built up, they're gonna have some issues.
[Reply]
wazu 09:21 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
I know exactly ONE person that has not been vaccinated, and they just had a friend of a friend die from the new Covid variant. They still say "I will probably get it eventually".

Kinda sad because they are normally the opposite of an anti-vaxxer, and trusts science. I don't know what the deal is with this vaccine.
Just curious - do you live in a retirement community? I’m in suburban KC and majority of people I know are not vaccinated. Probably 30% are. (But all the old people are.)
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:25 AM 06-22-2021
A friend of mine has it and was vaccinated, not sure if Moderna or Pfizer. Her unvaccinated son has it also. She has COPD and cares for elderly parents so she had no problem with the vaccine.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:25 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Not the hard core ones. But there seem to be a lot of "I just want to wait and see" people still trickling in. The US seems to have leveled off and even gone up a tick at 1.1M shots/day - which is encouraging.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-in-your-state

[Reply]
suzzer99 09:27 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
A friend of mine has it and was vaccinated, not sure if Moderna or Pfizer. Her unvaccinated son has it also. She has COPD and cares for elderly parents so she had no problem with the vaccine.
You can still get it when you're vaccinated. But Moderna and Pfizer have been close to 100% at keeping people out of the hospital.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
Hopefully she does ok.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:35 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hopefully she does ok.
In theory, the vaccine should help prevent it from getting too serious at least. Best of luck to her regardless.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:39 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Just curious - do you live in a retirement community? I’m in suburban KC and majority of people I know are not vaccinated. Probably 30% are. (But all the old people are.)
There's no question that it depends on your peer group. From the polls I've seen, you're less likely to get the vaccine if you are middle-aged, non-college-educated, or politically conservative. If the people you interact with are none of those, rates are going to be very high. If you interact with people who are all of those, rates are going to be very low.

I'm 1 of the 3. I'd guess that around 80% of the people I interact with are vaccinated.
[Reply]
NotDonger 09:54 AM 06-22-2021
The Cleveland Clinic on Tuesday released a study showing that 99.75% of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 between Jan. 1 and April 13 were not fully vaccinated, according to data provided to Axios.

Why it matters: Real-world evidence continues to show coronavirus vaccines are effective at keeping people from dying and out of hospitals. The Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines have been found to be 95% and 94% effective, respectively, at preventing symptomatic infections.

Details: The study also looked at 47,000 Cleveland Clinic employees who had received one shot, both shots or no shots at all.

[Reply]
Page 3520 of 3903
« First < 2520302034203470351035163517351835193520 3521352235233524353035703620 > Last »
Up