ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3370 of 3903
« First < 2370287032703320336033663367336833693370 33713372337333743380342034703870 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:45 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

I side with workers in America and small enterprise and business in my country.
You mean selfish people.
[Reply]
Donger 06:02 PM 12-30-2020
Yeah, you are just straight spewing lockdown propaganda now.

Of course Tegnell would not do everything the same. That's because he is a scientist and has a brain. He admitted that they should have gotten even more careful with the elderly homes. That's a piece of the overall strategy but does not say "I wish I killed more people like NY and ruined more lives".

Maybe the King Of Sweden met the British royals when they were discussing their plans in this brave new world. Good for them. Not my type.

I side with workers in America and small enterprise and business in my country.
His own words are propaganda, eh?

Now he has told Swedish public radio: "If we were to encounter the same disease again, knowing exactly what we know about it today, I think we would settle on doing something in between what Sweden did and what the rest of the world has done."
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:03 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
You mean selfish people.
Yes, if it's selfish for thinking one should have the right to feed your family then I'm selfish.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:07 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
His own words are propaganda, eh?

Now he has told Swedish public radio: "If we were to encounter the same disease again, knowing exactly what we know about it today, I think we would settle on doing something in between what Sweden did and what the rest of the world has done."
The only people you can sell on Sweden are the people like yourself with your head buried in the sand.

The more the media lies about Sweden the more it proves they are embarrassed that this country exposed their entire program.

Instead of adopting Chinese experimental medicine, Sweden just followed the standard Western pandemic playbook.

If you weren't hiding in your house if we got in a public debate I would destroy you. Too easy as your arguments are warmed over gruel.
[Reply]
Donger 06:11 PM 12-30-2020
The only people you can sell on Sweden are the people like yourself with your head buried in the sand.

The more the media lies about Sweden the more it proves they are embarrassed that this country exposed their entire program.

Instead of adopting Chinese experimental medicine, Sweden just followed the standard Western pandemic playroom.
I don't need to sell anything. Anders' own words and the results that they have had sell themselves, not the media.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 06:12 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Okay, if you say so. I don't see how one gets to be where he is doing sloppy work but whatevs......
I have seen you question the truth and/or veracity of people with credentials similar to his but whatevs pete.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:13 PM 12-30-2020
I don't need to sell anything. Anders' own words and the results that they have had sell themselves, not the media.
Yep, is he now saying he is going to lock down the schools, businesses and issue mask mandates?

Go find those quotes. You can't. You're just a sad old man that is scared.

Here is someone that is in Sweden traveling right now...

Scary!

Last evening in Stockholm!

Cosy bar... ��and �� tartar

Absolutely love this place!

Tomorrow - Lisbon!

Stay tuned! �� pic.twitter.com/5yQkzoYP0p

— Lilith of Assyria �� (@LilithAssyria) December 25, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 06:18 PM 12-30-2020
Yep, is he now saying he is going to lock down the schools, businesses and issue mask mandates?

Go find those quotes. You can't. You're just a sad old man that is scared.

Here is someone that is in Sweden traveling right now...

Scary!

I don't know what he's saying now. I doubt that many Swedes care what he says. Anyway, it's already been done earlier this month:

Sweden’s Covid-19 experiment is over.

After a late autumn surge in infections led to rising hospitalizations and deaths, the government has abandoned its attempt—unique among Western nations—to combat the pandemic through voluntary measures.

Like other Europeans, Swedes are now heading into the winter facing restrictions ranging from a ban on large gatherings to curbs on alcohol sales and school closures—all aimed at preventing the country’s health system from being swamped by patients and capping what is already among the highest per capita death tolls in the world.

Weeks later, with total Covid-19-related deaths reaching almost 700 per million inhabitants, infections growing exponentially and hospital wards filling up, the government made a U-turn.

In an emotional televised address on Nov. 22, Prime Minister Stefan Löfven pleaded with Swedes to cancel all nonessential meetings and announced a ban on gatherings of more than eight people, which triggered the closure of cinemas and other entertainment venues. Starting Monday, high schools will be closed.

“Authorities chose a strategy totally different to the rest of Europe, and because of it the country has suffered a lot in the first wave,” said Piotr Nowak, a physician working with Covid-19 patients at the Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm. “We have no idea how they failed to predict the second wave.”

In recent months, Dr. Tegnell predicted that Swedes would gradually build immunity to the virus through controlled exposure, that vaccines would take longer than expected to develop, and that death rates across the West would converge.

Instead, the West’s first coronavirus vaccine was authorized in Britain last week, Sweden’s death rate remains an outlier among its neighbors, and Dr. Tegnell acknowledged in late November that the new surge in infections showed there was “no sign” of herd immunity in the country.

Meanwhile, Sweden’s laissez-faire pandemic strategy has failed to deliver the economic benefits its proponents had predicted. In the first half of the year, Sweden’s gross domestic product fell by 8.5% and unemployment is projected to rise to nearly 10% in the beginning of 2021, according to the central bank and several economic institutes.

Businesses such as restaurants, hotels and retail outfits are facing a wave of closures; unlike in the rest of Europe, where governments coupled restrictions with generous stimulus, Swedish authorities have offered comparatively less support to businesses since they didn’t impose closures.

“This is worse than a lockdown and it has been a catastrophic year for everyone in the business: they haven’t closed us so they don’t give us any substantial support, yet they say to people ‘don’t go to restaurants’,” said Jonas Hamlund, who was forced to close one of his two restaurants in the coastal city of Sundsvall, laying off 30 people.

Fear of the virus and the government’s advice to avoid social interactions have weighed on domestic demand, damaging business and investor confidence, said Lars Calmfors, an economist and member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.

“Countries that had mandatory restrictions have done better than us,” he added.

In Stockholm, Anna Lallerstedt runs a chain of three popular restaurants that was started by her parents in the 1980s. Last month she closed two of them, shedding nearly 100 jobs. She says she fears that her last restaurant, now employing just over 10 people, might also be at risk with the current surge expected to peak around the Christmas season, which traditionally brings substantial revenues.

“Maybe we should have had masks earlier,” Ms. Lallerstedt said.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:22 PM 12-30-2020
I don't know what he's saying now. I doubt that many Swedes care what he says. Anyway, it's already been done earlier this month:

Sweden’s Covid-19 experiment is over.

After a late autumn surge in infections led to rising hospitalizations and deaths, the government has abandoned its attempt—unique among Western nations—to combat the pandemic through voluntary measures.

Like other Europeans, Swedes are now heading into the winter facing restrictions ranging from a ban on large gatherings to curbs on alcohol sales and school closures—all aimed at preventing the country’s health system from being swamped by patients and capping what is already among the highest per capita death tolls in the world.

Weeks later, with total Covid-19-related deaths reaching almost 700 per million inhabitants, infections growing exponentially and hospital wards filling up, the government made a U-turn.

In an emotional televised address on Nov. 22, Prime Minister Stefan Löfven pleaded with Swedes to cancel all nonessential meetings and announced a ban on gatherings of more than eight people, which triggered the closure of cinemas and other entertainment venues. Starting Monday, high schools will be closed.

“Authorities chose a strategy totally different to the rest of Europe, and because of it the country has suffered a lot in the first wave,” said Piotr Nowak, a physician working with Covid-19 patients at the Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm. “We have no idea how they failed to predict the second wave.”

In recent months, Dr. Tegnell predicted that Swedes would gradually build immunity to the virus through controlled exposure, that vaccines would take longer than expected to develop, and that death rates across the West would converge.

Instead, the West’s first coronavirus vaccine was authorized in Britain last week, Sweden’s death rate remains an outlier among its neighbors, and Dr. Tegnell acknowledged in late November that the new surge in infections showed there was “no sign” of herd immunity in the country.

Meanwhile, Sweden’s laissez-faire pandemic strategy has failed to deliver the economic benefits its proponents had predicted. In the first half of the year, Sweden’s gross domestic product fell by 8.5% and unemployment is projected to rise to nearly 10% in the beginning of 2021, according to the central bank and several economic institutes.

Businesses such as restaurants, hotels and retail outfits are facing a wave of closures; unlike in the rest of Europe, where governments coupled restrictions with generous stimulus, Swedish authorities have offered comparatively less support to businesses since they didn’t impose closures.

“This is worse than a lockdown and it has been a catastrophic year for everyone in the business: they haven’t closed us so they don’t give us any substantial support, yet they say to people ‘don’t go to restaurants’,” said Jonas Hamlund, who was forced to close one of his two restaurants in the coastal city of Sundsvall, laying off 30 people.

Fear of the virus and the government’s advice to avoid social interactions have weighed on domestic demand, damaging business and investor confidence, said Lars Calmfors, an economist and member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.

“Countries that had mandatory restrictions have done better than us,” he added.

In Stockholm, Anna Lallerstedt runs a chain of three popular restaurants that was started by her parents in the 1980s. Last month she closed two of them, shedding nearly 100 jobs. She says she fears that her last restaurant, now employing just over 10 people, might also be at risk with the current surge expected to peak around the Christmas season, which traditionally brings substantial revenues.

“Maybe we should have had masks earlier,” Ms. Lallerstedt said.
Boring.Where are the quotes from Tegnell saying he is going to shut down schools and require masks?

You upload this propaganda?!

And BTW, the experiment was not Sweden. The followed the standard Western pandemic guidelines. It's US who are the experiment. China said they did a lockdown so we did one too..no evidence for these prior to 2020. We took their word for it.

And you swallowed the Chinese party line 100%.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:26 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
I have seen you question the truth and/or veracity of people with credentials similar to his but whatevs pete.
Really? That's all you got? :-)

Mind you what was your reaction when I did said questioning???
[Reply]
Donger 06:28 PM 12-30-2020
Boring.Where are the quotes from Tegnell saying he is going to shut down schools and require masks?

You upload this propaganda?!

And BTW, the experiment was not Sweden. The followed the standard Western pandemic guidelines. It's US who are the experiment. China said they did a lockdown so we did one too..no evidence for these prior to 2020. We took their word for it.

And you swallowed the Chinese party line 100%.
I don't have any quotes of him saying that, nor are they needed. His quote above about not doing the same thing again is sufficient.

Propaganda again? Are you disputing that Sweden implemented these mitigation efforts earlier this month?

Actually, we did use similar mitigation efforts during the Spanish Flu pandemic. Weren't aware of that, eh?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:30 PM 12-30-2020
I don't have any quotes of him saying that, nor are they needed. His quote above about not doing the same thing again is sufficient.

Propaganda again? Are you disputing that Sweden implemented these mitigation efforts earlier this month?

Actually, we did use similar mitigation efforts during the Spanish Flu pandemic. Weren't aware of that, eh?
Dude, you don't know shit about Sweden. Shut up and sit down until you learn ANYTHING interesting.

BTW, where are the 100,000+ dead Swedes?
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:32 PM 12-30-2020
MM they are currently passing legislation that will allow them to lock down the entire country. Sweden is in a bad spot and shouldn't have went on the herd immunity path.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2920WH

Originally Posted by :
The Swedish government has proposed a bill that would allow it to close businesses and fine Covid-19 rule-breakers. Officials previously said the old model of containing the virus was a "failure."

If approved by parliament, the law would take effect on January 10 and stand until the end of September 2021.

[Reply]
Donger 06:35 PM 12-30-2020
Dude, you don't know shit about Sweden. Shut up and sit down until you learn ANYTHING interesting.

BTW, where are the 100,000+ dead Swedes?
Is that a yes? That would fit, actually. You seem allergic to information which doesn't confirm your bias, and there's a lot of that.

Resistance to mitigation efforts isn't a new phenomena. There was an anti-mask league in San Francisco during the Spanish Flu.

Me learn something? I've given you lots of corrective information in just the last few hours.

Odd duck, you are.
[Reply]
Donger 06:36 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
MM they are currently passing legislation that will allow them to lock down the entire country. Sweden is in a bad spot and shouldn't have went on the herd immunity path.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2920WH
THEY'VE FALLENSZ FOR CHINA PROPAGANDAAZ!!!
[Reply]
Page 3370 of 3903
« First < 2370287032703320336033663367336833693370 33713372337333743380342034703870 > Last »
Up