ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3320 of 3903
« First < 2320282032203270331033163317331833193320 33213322332333243330337034203820 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 02:13 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I am pretty much on the record stating that I think lock downs are dumb but if you want to lock people down then you need to compensate the businesses and employees.

I guess that's just uncaring of me wanting people to be able to eat, have a place to live a job, etc.

You on the other hand would have people literally starving in the streets. I just don't know why you go on, endlessly pretending otherwise?
Again, none of this has jack shit to do with the numbers. Which is why it's asinine that every few days we have to endure 5 pages of you debating whether they're accurate or not. It's not going to change your opinion. It's not going to change my opinion. So why do you keep wasting everyone's time?
[Reply]
jdubya 02:17 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
. So why do you keep wasting everyone's time?

[Reply]
petegz28 02:17 PM 12-17-2020
Again, none of this has jack shit to do with the numbers. Which is why it's asinine that every few days we have to endure 5 pages of you debating whether they're accurate or not. It's not going to change your opinion. It's not going to change my opinion. So why do you keep wasting everyone's time?
Why do you? I just asked a question and you are in the throws of a temper tantrum about it.

But you didn't waste the chance to use said "pointless post" to accuse me of being uncaring and what not.

If you don't like a post I make ignore it, okay? But don't spend pages of crying about me allegedly wasting people's time then pretend how you aren't doing the same.
[Reply]
O.city 02:24 PM 12-17-2020
That's not what I asked......but why couldn't it?
Viral infections have long been known to potentially have cardiovascular effects, so it could very well cause you to have an MI.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:25 PM 12-17-2020
Why do you? I just asked a question and you are in the throws of a temper tantrum about it.

But you didn't waste the chance to use said "pointless post" to accuse me of being uncaring and what not.

If you don't like a post I make ignore it, okay? But don't spend pages of crying about me allegedly wasting people's time then pretend how you aren't doing the same.
My issue is that this thread is really valuable and useful when people are discussing issues of actual importance. How are the vaccines doing? How is distribution doing? What strategies are working?

And then there's Pete who comes in and re-hashes the same arguments you've been having with people for NINE MONTHS. You alone are responsible for nearly ONE IN TEN posts in this thread. And if you'd like to compare, you have more posts in this thread alone than I have in all of ChiefsPlanet in the past THREE YEARS.

When someone dominates a discussion to that extent, it's just plain impossible to ignore.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:26 PM 12-17-2020
I am pretty much on the record stating that I think lock downs are dumb but if you want to lock people down then you need to compensate the businesses and employees.

I guess that's just uncaring of me wanting people to be able to eat, have a place to live a job, etc.

You on the other hand would have people literally starving in the streets. I just don't know why you go on, endlessly pretending otherwise?
How else do you keep people from spreading a deadly virus? the no lockdown crowd is also the no government handout crowd.

Masked or not if people are around other people it will spread, you try and reduce that spread to a point where the system can cope with the numbers ,if they can't you need to try something else, most likely way is to have less people being around other people .
[Reply]
petegz28 02:30 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
How else do you keep people from spreading a deadly virus? the no lockdown crowd is also the no government handout crowd.

Masked or not if people are around other people it will spread, you try and reduce that spread to a point where the system can cope with the numbers ,if they can't you need to try something else, most likely have less people being around other people .
No, the no lock down crowd is not just the no government crowd. That's you once again having to pigeon hole people that don't agree with you.

Lock every thing down.

Who is paying the rents, mortgages, bills, salaries? Who is buying food? Who is teaching the kids?

See, it's real easy to say "lock it all down" when you sit at home collecting a check. Meanwhile you have no problems making people homeless and starve.

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 02:33 PM 12-17-2020
No, the no lock down crowd is not just the no government crowd. That's you once again having to pigeon hole people that don't agree with you.

Lock every thing down.

Who is paying the rents, mortgages, bills, salaries? Who is buying food? Who is teaching the kids?

See, it's real easy to say "lock it all down" when you sit at home collecting a check. Meanwhile you have no problems making people homeless and starve.

:-)
Keep it all open and let the chips fall where they may. Wonder how that would have turned out?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:33 PM 12-17-2020
My issue is that this thread is really valuable and useful when people are discussing issues of actual importance. How are the vaccines doing? How is distribution doing? What strategies are working?

And then there's Pete who comes in and re-hashes the same arguments you've been having with people for NINE MONTHS. You alone are responsible for nearly ONE IN TEN posts in this thread. And if you'd like to compare, you have more posts in this thread alone than I have in all of ChiefsPlanet in the past THREE YEARS.

When someone dominates a discussion to that extent, it's just plain impossible to ignore.
Quality post. Compelling and rich.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:34 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Keep it all open and let the chips fall where they may. Wonder how that would have turned out?
100's of millions of people without homes, jobs and starving....

Wonder how that would have turned out?
[Reply]
O.city 02:37 PM 12-17-2020
Millions of people without homes, jobs and starving....

I was legitimately asking, but I guess I should have known better.

As we've seen, with this much viral spread in the community, people aren't exactly jumping at going out and about.

We've seen again, as numbers in areas get high, people quit going out. If they'd have left it up to people, I think it may have turned out similarly, but businesses and such would still be suffering.
[Reply]
O.city 02:38 PM 12-17-2020
100's of millions of people without homes, jobs and starving....

100's of millions of people? In America?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:40 PM 12-17-2020
I was legitimately asking, but I guess I should have known better.

As we've seen, with this much viral spread in the community, people aren't exactly jumping at going out and about.

We've seen again, as numbers in areas get high, people quit going out. If they'd have left it up to people, I think it may have turned out similarly, but businesses and such would still be suffering.
You were not seriously asking. If you were it came off as rather rhetorical.

I have said this a hundred times and I will say it again, if you want to lock things down then fine. But you have to compensate the businesses and their employees and such.

I feel a lot better about it if a business suffers because people choose not to go out. That can happen at any time for any reason and does every few years because of simple economic swings.

That being said I am not a fan of shutting people down and tell them too fucking bad when I have a pay check and I am not impacted by said edict.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:40 PM 12-17-2020
100's of millions of people? In America?
345 million and growing! :-)

Would it be better if I said 10's of millions??
[Reply]
O.city 02:42 PM 12-17-2020
345 million and growing! :-)

Would it be better if I said 10's of millions??
100's of millions of people homeless in america would be problematic.
[Reply]
Page 3320 of 3903
« First < 2320282032203270331033163317331833193320 33213322332333243330337034203820 > Last »
Up