ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you believe this team and win @Bal & @NE?
Yes 148 70.81%
No 61 29.19%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll
Page 14 of 16
« First < 41011121314 1516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you believe this team can win @Bal AND @NE in January?
staylor26 07:25 PM 12-02-2019
Do you feel confident in this team to get to the SB as the 3/4 seed?
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:27 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
Because the O Line isn't responsible for blocking the edge on a rollout...
Yep, it looks like it was Bell who gave little effort on that block allowing the play to get blown up. :-)

When Mahomes tries to cut back, he can't because Fisher folded on his block as well.

Mahomes made chicken salad out of shit on that play.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:27 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Here's the 22. You're right, theres not much there.

Frankly, the best play is probably step up and to the left and just run for the first.
Worse than I thought - Watkins was even covered when Mahomes reached a puke point there.

I applaud the field vision there - he managed to somehow look all the way to his right and notice that Watkins man had peeled off. That's amazing.

The dude is preternaturally confident and if the ball comes out of his hand cleanly or the wind isn't howling, he PROBABLY completes it. If that comes out as a tight spiral, I'll bet it breaks the wind.

I simply don't have a problem with him attempting that. The thinking that has made him that great is the same thinking that leads him to attempting that sort of thing. And it's asking a damn lot of a guy to get him to process "well shit, what if it's not a perfect spiral this time and the wind kills it" when everything has fallen apart.

That's just not a rep to criticize, IMO. It's one of those things where if it goes poorly, you chalk it up as Pat being Pat (though that's a pick 6 with ease). And if it goes the way it USUALLY goes when he tries that kind of stuff, it's a 3 hour erection.
[Reply]
O.city 11:27 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
That's definitely possible, that he is supposed to run a corner or something there, but he may also have the green light when he sees outside coverage to just sit. I'd actually say that's pretty likely.
Maybe, but with Watkins coming in behind him on the crosser like that, I kind of doubt they'd want it that congested.

Added with Kelce's seemingly "wait, what am I supposed to be doing here" look, i'm not sure.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:28 AM 12-03-2019
That’s one of those plays that Mahomes can probably make on a normal day (and has before). Makes him special.

He just needs to understand that those are off limits when the wind is like it was.
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Worse than I thought - Watkins was even covered when Mahomes reached a puke point there.

I applaud the field vision there - he managed to somehow look all the way to his right and notice that Watkins man had peeled off. That's amazing.

The dude is preternaturally confident and if the ball comes out of his hand cleanly or the wind isn't howling, he PROBABLY completes it. If that comes out as a tight spiral, I'll bet it breaks the wind.

I simply don't have a problem with him attempting that. The thinking that has made him that great is the same thinking that leads him to attempting that sort of thing. And it's asking a damn lot of a guy to get him to process "well shit, what if it's not a perfect spiral this time and the wind kills it" when everything has fallen apart.

That's just not a rep to criticize, IMO. It's one of those things where if it goes poorly, you chalk it up as Pat being Pat (though that's a pick 6 with ease). And if it goes the way it USUALLY goes when he tries that kind of stuff, it's a 3 hour erection.
I don't have a problem with the throw at all. He can make it, it's fine with me.

It's the leaving a pocket when he doesn't have to that I'm discussing. Once he leaves it, I'm good with whatever.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:33 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mahomes can't even roll out for a bootleg without the Oline giving up instant pressure.

Any other QB would have been sacked multiple times with such shitty Oline play.
Line played just fine there - it's a boot with the OL driving their guys to the left. That's a clearly designed naked boot and it happens every week. The OL all did their job there.

Bell...didn't. But also, the play design is supposed to get that guy to crash down more than anything and make Bell's block a lot easier.

Which gets back to where I was yesterday - there is simply no respect for this run game. I think that's Crosby and he just ignored the possibility of a run altogether.

I'm just not sure they can win a championship without any reasonable semblance of a run game unless their defense becomes dominant. When the Patriots win shitty RBs, they do it because their D can keep them in long enough for the passing game (especially the short passing game) to get clicking. But the Chiefs short-passing game isn't their feature and the longer developing routes really NEED the threat of the run to work well.

I really wonder if some of the 'conservative Andy' stuff we've seeing isn't a bit of an offshoot of that. Teams don't respect our run game at all so Andy's trying to get a little more of that Patriots short passing game up and running.
[Reply]
Sully 11:35 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Line played just fine there - it's a boot with the OL driving their guys to the left. That's a clearly designed naked boot and it happens every week. The OL all did their job there.

Bell...didn't. But also, the play design is supposed to get that guy to crash down more than anything and make Bell's block a lot easier.

I agree

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:37 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yep, it looks like it was Bell who gave little effort on that block allowing the play to get blown up. :-)

When Mahomes tries to cut back, he can't because Fisher folded on his block as well.

Mahomes made chicken salad out of shit on that play.
Oh c'mon, man. That was 4 seconds into the play and the play was NEVER designed to go back that direction. How long you need Fisher holding his guy there? He absolutely did his job on that rep.

The D doesn't respect our run game, Bell got put in a really tough spot and failed, and the play fell apart (until it didn't anymore).

You can see that play and see exactly what Andy's looking for. Crossby crashes down (because the OL sold it as run blocking, that's why they were driving to their left), Mahomes gets a clean edge to roll out and hit Watkins streaking across on the drag with a full head of steam and an easy 12-14 yards.

But Oakland sniffed it out and Bell didn't get the job done so the play came apart. But there's nothing at all to pin on the OL there.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:41 AM 12-03-2019
Yes, we have Patrick Mahomes. We can win anywhere
[Reply]
stevieray 11:41 AM 12-03-2019
Hell yes.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:44 AM 12-03-2019
We have enough talent on this roster to win a superbowl.

Coaching decisions, and scheme must be on point.

If KC rolls into NE and plays as clean of a game as they did against Oakland, thats a huge start, because you know the hometown refs are going to hit you for 3-5 calls, total horseshit calls, throughout the game.

But we can't do horrificly stupid shit like restricting Pat to a one option play in the clutch to the worst player on the offense.

Shit like that I why we are wildcards this year instead of a bye.

Spags needs to defend the backs. In run AND pass. Running backs feast on this defense in run and pass. Gotta get that corrected, and if he would not deactivate Pennel anymore, that would be awesome too.

If the coaches bring their A game, AND ADJUST TO THE CURRENT GAME SITUATION AND UNDERSTAND WIN CONDITIONS, this team can beat anyone.

Ultimately the question is, can Andy keep himself from Andying for 4 straight win or go home contests?

History says no.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:45 AM 12-03-2019
We can’t win two road playoff games. We have only won 2 road playoff games in 50 years.
[Reply]
KC Dan 11:45 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Slags needs to defend the backs. In run AND pass. Running backs feast on this defense in run and pass. Gotta get that corrected, and if he would not deactivate Pennel anymore, that would be awesome too.
This x Eleventy billion
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:48 AM 12-03-2019
O trying to break down plays is funny as shit :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:49 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
We can’t win two road playoff games. We have only won 2 road playoff games in 50 years.
Gotta beat NE, hope they lose to Buffalo and then hope Buffalo loses to the Ravens and Steelers with the Texans losing to TN.

While we win out.

At that point we end up tied with NE at 12-4 but ahead of them on the tiebreak. Buffalo settles in at 11-5 alongside the Texans.

Ravens get the 1
Chiefs get the 2

It's the only even quasi-realistic path to avoiding 2 road playoff games against nasty opponents that I can put together.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 16
« First < 41011121314 1516 >
Up