ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs offensive struggles
O.city 09:32 AM 12-02-2019
Last 2 weeks have been pretty shitty on offense. Sure they scored yesterday, but that's against the shitbird Raiders and the Chiefs looked shitty doing it.

Mahomes doesn't look right to my eye. Anyone else notice he seemed to be laboring to even get back to hand the ball off at times? Is he still hurt?

He looks skiddish in the pocket (with the interior OL I guess I get it) but the Chiefs can't win in the playoffs without him being his normal self.

What's everyone's thoughts on whats going on? Am I just seeing shit?
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:03 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
And?

They've struggled in those games offensively and are currently the 4th seed in the playoffs.

I'm glad you enjoy being .500 against good teams though.
:-)

Dude you are making shit up. They have struggled offensively with Mahomes in exactly 2 games. Both of them wins.

The games they lost they did not "struggle offensively" unless you just want to randomly decide if we lost it was because of the offense.
[Reply]
O.city 03:21 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Dude you are making shit up. They have struggled offensively with Mahomes in exactly 2 games. Both of them wins.

The games they lost they did not "struggle offensively" unless you just want to randomly decide if we lost it was because of the offense.
The Colts game wasn't struggling on offense? The 7 points in 3 quarters vs the Texans?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 03:21 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

We didn't struggle offensively in the Colts game?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:26 PM 12-02-2019
How quickly we got spoiled 31 points is not struggling.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:50 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Colts game wasn't struggling on offense? The 7 points in 3 quarters vs the Texans?
I'll give you the Colts but putting up 24 on Houston is not "struggling".

Look I get it, when you lose and you only lose by 7 or less it's always "had we scored that last time" etc...

But I think this is getting overblown.

The facts are we are the 3rd highest scoring offense in football (1pt behind 2nd place SF) and 4th in total yards.

We got spoiled last season and we have a ton of injuries this season. I don't know I guess we will see next week on the road against a really good defense.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:52 PM 12-02-2019
I haven't read through the whole thread but I'd like to make a comment that, In watching Mahomes weekly pressers this year I can see something is "up".As an expert in animal behavior, I notice little tendencies. you notice this year he has a little anxiety in his interviews, a lot of hands to the face and scratching. He didn't do this last year. I have an idea about it but hope it's not the case.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:54 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
How quickly we got spoiled 31 points is not struggling.
His last two games stat wise have been the 2 worst perfomances of his career.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:56 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
His last two games stat wise have been the 2 worst perfomances of his career.
And the Tennessee game 3 weeks ago was one of his best. :-)
[Reply]
TRR 03:59 PM 12-02-2019
I haven't read through the whole thread but I'd like to make a comment that, In watching Mahomes weekly pressers this year I can see something is "up".As an expert in animal behavior, I notice little tendencies. you notice this year he has a little anxiety in his interviews, a lot of hands to the face and scratching. He didn't do this last year. I have an idea about it but hope it's not the case.
It’s getting DEEP in here!

I do wonder how much his off-the-field commitments have weighed. The dude is at an event nearly every free moment it seems.

Either way, he’s still been all world this year sans a few moments.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:07 PM 12-02-2019
Well, hopefully its just the injuries and lack of continuity with the receivers this year. He and Hill have played very little together. And yes the wind was obviously horrible Sunday. That one pass just fluttered right into the defender who couldn't even make the catch.

I noticed the last kickoff we kicked. ,the ball started way left and at the end zone took a sharp turn to the right . It really got my attention as to the wind conditions.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:20 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by TRR:
It’s getting DEEP in here!
And it's cold, too.

[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:24 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
We didn't struggle offensively in the Colts game?
We were without Hill and Watkins. Mahomes was at his most gimpy. Our OL was Swiss cheese. And we nearly won if not for a super costly RB fumble.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:26 PM 12-02-2019
Do you feel he’s afraid of being slaughtered along with his family and served as a dinner entree at a local restaurant? Is that what your experience indicates?
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:30 PM 12-02-2019
Mahomes had a perfectly thrown ball for a TD go right through Kelce's hands. Then the refs pulled another TD off the board from Mahomes and Robinson for a bullshit holding call.

Mahomes would have had 3 passing TD's and 1 Rushing in some of the worst, windy conditions a QB could play in.

Yep, folks he has lost his edge.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:33 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
We were without Hill and Watkins. Mahomes was at his most gimpy. Our OL was Swiss cheese. And we nearly won if not for a super costly RB fumble.
Yea I get questioning the offense this week when everybody is healthy coming off a bye against a bad defense, but it should be no surprise that the “offense struggled” in a game like that against a solid d.

Actually, I haven’t been more down on the offense than I am this week all season because there’s really no excuses to point at aside from the wind.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up