ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ten Things About Today's Game Week 13: KC 40, Faiders 9
gblowfish 09:16 PM 12-01-2019
Ten Things About Today’s Game, Week 13: KC 40 Faiders 9

10. I was completely out of sync all day. Overnight I wasn’t feeling well. Had a cramping stomach ache and some impressive gastric pyrotechnics. Meesh Meesh woke me up a couple three or four times and the northwest wind gusting to 50 mph blew a couple good sized tree limbs down on the aluminum awning on the side of the house, making one Hell of a racket. When I finally did get pull my ass out of bed, couldn’t drink coffee because of a sour stomach, so no Lucky Chiefs Coffee Cup, and no hanging of the Porch Chiefs Flag in a Sunday Morning Cyclone. Tried to eat a little before leaving for Arrowhead, but it just made me queasy. So I took some drugs, went into the parking lot and just napped until 2:30 when Mrs. B and I donned our ice bowl gear and trudged in. Line outside took a long time to clear because when people bundle up, the security people take a lot longer patting everybody down. Got down into the seats when Oakland was on their first drive.

9. Typical Arrowhead cold weather game. On TV you can’t really tell how cold it is. The winds were steady at about 25 mph gusting to 40 mph at times. Wind was swirling inside Arrowhead. Must have been a nightmare for the kickers and punt returners. Buttkicker had an advantage since it was his home field and has been through it before. Luckily I sit as low as you can sit and there’s occasional burps of warmth that belch out of the tunnel when they open the doors long enough right below my seats. I really feel for the people who sat up in the top 300 section. They earn their stripes. The crowd was plenty loud. For those of you who were grousing about the crowd. it’s hard to generate 142 db when you’re bundled up in scarfs and gloves and six layers. Crowd managed to cause at least two Faiders false starts, which was pretty great.

8. My first general impression thinking about the game on the way home was, this game was the total Ying to the Tits Game Yang. The Tits game was a total and complete team loss. Today was a total and complete team win. All three phases played very well. For the first time in as long as I can remember, Chiefs had ZERO accepted penalties by the Faiders. Thompson got called for a hold, but it was offset by a Raider defensive holding penalty. The Faiders were the Faiders, as they had 12 well earned penalties, including a couple stupid personal fouls that sustained KC drives. They are a culture of disfunction and totally lack discipline, and they were their own worst enemy. Loved every minute of it, especially the New York NFL Office call on the Mullins’ DPI on the Robinson pass in the end zone. Mullins picked the pass after committing the foul, and although he was down by 24 points, started mugging and posturing in front of the Arrowhead End Zone Crowd. That pass got knocked down by the wind. And many of PMII’s passes were fluttering due to the heavy swirling wind. On a calmer, warmer day Patrick probably throws for around 250 yards.

7. Statistics can be so misleading. If I told you Carr threw five more completions than PMII, had the same number of passing TDs, threw for about 50 more yards; was only sacked one more time than Pat, and that the Chiefs D gave up another 100 yard rushing day, you would think this game was probably an Oakland win or at least a nail biter. Not so. Difference was the two Carr picks; including a pick six to Thornhill -which was the game dagger- and twelve Faiders penalties for 99 yards to KC’s ZERO. Four of those Oakland penalties awarded KC a first down. Raiders averaged almost six yards per offensive play, yet were only 3 for 9 on third down. Most of Carr’s passing yards came in garbage time in the last three minutes of the game.

6. Pat had 175 yards passing and a QBR of 79. He was only sacked once, and the one pick he threw was wiped off the board by the review boys in New York (they must have had money on us today). Pat threw for a TD and scrambled for another, where he ran to the pylon untouched. During the fourth quarter, Pat went over and spent some time with his offensive skill guys, talking about game stuff and smiling and having fun. That was good to see. Nice to have our entire O-Line back. Fisher totally crushed the left side of the Faiders front line on McCoy’s TD. Sloopy could have moon walked into the end zone. Just glad he didn’t lose the football on the way to pay dirt. This was the most complete offensive game in many weeks. Hill played well, Kelce has several nice catches, Robinson had a TD catch called back on a Termite hold. Speaking of The Termite, he did a great job on the fourth quarter drive. Chiefs chewed up about nine minutes in the fourth quarter; went 75 yards mostly running and Termite got his first NFL TD. The Faiders looked whipped during that drive. TOP was not that far apart, Oakland had the ball for about four more minutes. But they couldn’t get off the field in the fourth quarter and our running game just wore their ass out. They looked like all they wanted was to get the Hell into the locker room then out to KCI to catch that charter back to Oakland.

5. I was watching Frank Clark closely today, since there seems to be a great discussion here on the CP as to whether or not he sucks. He is generally not good at stopping the run. In the first half, Oakland ran at him over and over and over again. If he guesses right, he can make the occasional tackle for a loss. Today he had one solo tackle -for a loss- and no sacks. He came off the field with about six minutes left in the third quarter. One of the docs put his hand up under his shoulder pad and felt around. Clark winced and they sent him over to the blue tent. So don’t know how bad he is hurt or if it will affect whether he plays against the Pats next Sunday. Darrell Williams had a non-contact hamstring injury. He limped very gingerly down the steps to the locker room. I’d say he’s at least a two or three week injury if not more. Hope the other Williams can be ready to play Sunday in New England; otherwise it’ll be the Sloopy, Termite and Sausage Show.

4. Buttkicker nailed a 50 yard field goal into the teeth of that Northwest wind. Very important kick in the course of the game. The Faiders kicker Carlson puked up a major duck in the second quarter that landed about a full section to the left of the goalposts. He got a 30 yard gimme in the fourth quarter to avoid a shutout, and had the garbage time PAT blocked at the end of the game for a safety. Faiders also muffed a punt in the first half, but the Faid D was able to stop the Chiefs on a 4th and 1 to avoid giving up points. No matter. If you lose the special teams matchup on a road game, you’re probably not going to fare well.

3. I can’t wait to see the shots of Chuckie on the sidelines. I’ll bet he’s still grimacing in the air back to California tonight. When you shut out an NFL team for three quarters, that’s a good night, no matter who you’re playing. Spags needs to figure out how NOT to give up 100 yards to feature backs and how to cover backs and tight ends on three step drop passes. Thornhill’s pick was beautiful and was what I’ve been waiting for on those quick hitter passes all year. Sorenson got burned several times trying to cover tight ends. I’m very worried about Tommy Boy picking us apart with Edelman and Ben Watson, and Sony Michele running and receiving for well over a Ben Franklin. I’m not worried about Tommy throwing the long ball. He doesn’t have the arm strength to throw much farther than 25 yards or so accurately, and when he runs, it looks like he’s got lead weights in his shoes. Spags had the Pats number when he was with the Giants, so we’ll see what he dials up next week.

2. We’ve beaten the Faiders the last seven times we played them; swept them again this season, and Carr is lifetime 0-6 at Arrowhead. We have still not lost in the AFC West this year. Chiefs are 24-3 during the Mahomes era when we get a defensive TD. God, if we JUST could’ve won that Tits game, man…

1. So it’s 8-4 down the stretch run. If we lose at New England we’ll probably end up 11-5 and get one home playoff game for winning the AFC West. If we can manage to win next week, we could get a first round bye. Looking very much forward to next week’s game. It’ll be very special for Mrs. B and me. I’ll tell you why next week. Suffice to say, the Ten Things may be a bit late in posting. Please be patient. I’ll be processing a lot!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:35 PM 12-02-2019
Came here solely for Meesh Meesh
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:36 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Raiders side of the story in the SF Chronic:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/raiders/...d-14874273.php
Oakland folks are dumb as fuck

look at this time of possession pie chart here

28:19 is not bigger than 31:41 but that's nice you dumb raider fucktards
[Reply]
KS Smitty 01:52 PM 12-02-2019
Thanks George! First game I've attended in quite a few years and it was a good one.

The wind was horrible, not only gusting over 30 mph but also changing directions during the game. It certainly didn't allow for many long passes to be successfully completed and I think the adjustments made in that regard were good ones. Major kudo's to the upper deck fans, I was down in the bowl and it was pretty brutal.

Got to catch up with luv and 007, always good to see folks you know.

Your 10 things are always honest and spot on.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:00 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Oakland folks are dumb as ****

look at this time of possession pie chart here

28:19 is not bigger than 31:41 but that's nice you dumb raider ****tards
crack cocaine is a helluva drug, and it's a big deal to Raider fans
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:51 PM 12-02-2019
You had to have bone tired and colder than a well diggers ass coming home to bang out another excellent 10 Things, gb

I was cold just watching that game on the couch, thanks again mang
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:00 PM 12-02-2019
Good write up George, I read it when I got home from the long drive back from Arrowhead. The one thing that caught my mind was this:

Originally Posted by :
I was watching Frank Clark closely today, since there seems to be a great discussion here on the CP as to whether or not he sucks. He is generally not good at stopping the run. In the first half, Oakland ran at him over and over and over again.
I didn't see that at the game and was wondering the same. I just rewatched the first half and they ran at Frank only 3 times when he was in the game. 1 for a small gain, 1 for a big loss, and the one that was a big run for 28 yards. The 28 yard run could have been holding as Frank was trying to set the edge, and it appeared got tugged pretty good. They mostly ran between the A and B Gaps or to the outside, or D gap away from Frank. He may not be meeting expectations, but they didn't run all over Frank yesterday. Just another perspective.

Again, enjoy this weekly.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:01 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You had to have bone tired and colder than a well diggers ass coming home to bang out another excellent 10 Things, gb

I was cold just watching that game on the couch, thanks again mang
I can deal with cold and wind. The worst is freezing rain. I remember one of my lowest points as a Chiefs fan was back when Gansz was coach, we were playing the Packers at Arrowhead in late November/Early December and both teams were tied for the worst record in the NFL. And the Packers were kicking our ass all over the field. It was a steady, freezing rain and swirling wind, around 30 to 40 mph. The rain would make your coat soaking wet and then freeze it like a big popsicle. I remember thinking how mentally ill I was to be sitting out there in that weather, watching the next to the worst team in the NFL make my team the official worst in the NFL. Only thing close to that despair was the Chiefs-Panthers game the day after Belcher killed his girlfriend and himself. That was such a sad, useless game. We won, but neither team nor the fans were into it at all. Everyone just wanted to get the game over with.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:04 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Good write up George, I read it when I got home from the long drive back from Arrowhead. The one thing that caught my mind was this:

I didn't see that at the game and was wondering the same. I just rewatched the first half and they ran at Frank only 3 times when he was in the game. 1 for a small gain, 1 for a big loss, and the one that was a big run for 28 yards. The 28 yard run could have been holding as Frank was trying to set the edge, and it appeared got tugged pretty good. They mostly ran between the A and B Gaps or to the outside, or D gap away from Frank. He may not be meeting expectations, but they didn't run all over Frank yesterday. Just another perspective.

Again, enjoy this weekly.
They ran at K-Pass a lot too. Teams run those off tackle plays like we used to run with Priest Holmes all those years. And they throw to the backs to beat our linebackers. Raiders tried throwing to the Tight End a bunch yesterday too. I think Carr had a hard time in the cold and wind throwing accurate passes. It was just a bad day to play football.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:06 PM 12-02-2019
On the stat sheet, I believe Clark was only credited with one tackle yesterday. It was for a loss, but only one tackle. He needs to be more involved, but I will give him credit for drawing holding penalties. Teams have to hold him to stop him on many occasions, so that certainly helps.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:08 PM 12-02-2019
Excellent!
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:17 PM 12-02-2019
Scho said he thought Frank Clark was overpaid. Maybe he is, but the worst offender for "overpaid" is Sammy Watkins. He's up in the same stratosphere with guys like Donald in LA and some of the QBs in the NFL. He makes twice what Kelce makes, and he hasn't had a TD in over 100 days. Yikes.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:26 PM 12-02-2019
I can deal with cold and wind. The worst is freezing rain. I remember one of my lowest points as a Chiefs fan was back when Gansz was coach, we were playing the Packers at Arrowhead in late November/Early December and both teams were tied for the worst record in the NFL. And the Packers were kicking our ass all over the field. It was a steady, freezing rain and swirling wind, around 30 to 40 mph. The rain would make your coat soaking wet and then freeze it like a big popsicle. I remember thinking how mentally ill I was to be sitting out there in that weather, watching the next to the worst team in the NFL make my team the official worst in the NFL. Only thing close to that despair was the Chiefs-Panthers game the day after Belcher killed his girlfriend and himself. That was such a sad, useless game. We won, but neither team nor the fans were into it at all. Everyone just wanted to get the game over with.
Here’s your #11 of ten things, great lore... you’re a stormtrooper
[Reply]
Al Czervik 08:43 PM 12-02-2019
Excellent write up GB!!!!
All ten are spot on!!!!

Upper Deck was brutal....but kicking the raiders ass always makes it worth it!!!
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:38 PM 12-02-2019
Scho said he thought Frank Clark was overpaid. Maybe he is, but the worst offender for "overpaid" is Sammy Watkins. He's up in the same stratosphere with guys like Donald in LA and some of the QBs in the NFL. He makes twice what Kelce makes, and he hasn't had a TD in over 100 days. Yikes.
Mother of God.

I love you, George, but I'd have been better off if you would have kept that stat to yourself. :-)

You know, he was part of the crew that made Jalen Ramsey cry in the first game after Hill went out. I thought maybe he'd turned a corner. NOPE.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:10 AM 12-03-2019
Raiders side of the story in the SF Chronic:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/raiders/...d-14874273.php
During the week, discussion centered on Carr’s past struggles in Kansas City and in cold weather. At kickoff Sunday, it was 36 degrees with a wind chill of 25 degrees. Carr, who finished 20-for-30 for 222 yards, was asked if the conditions had an effect.

“No, I threw the ball fine,” Carr said. “Like, it felt great. If we don’t have those two turnovers, we’re very efficient. … But then you have two turnovers and they’re like, ‘Oh, gosh, stats.’ I’m not into that, man. I think we handled it just fine.”

Carr grades out perfectly
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up