ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 435
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:58 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
I must say, you have become a whingin' lil bitch lately. But this is merely an observation :-)
I must say, you have always been a giant flaming dipshit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:29 AM 09-16-2019
People that think Clark has sucked are the same people who thought Ford was awesome.

You're not really watching if you think that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:00 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
People that think Clark has sucked are the same people who thought Ford was awesome.

Clark plays disciplined football and doesn’t abandon his assignment to chase QB pressure no matter what. I admire what it brings to the table. He’s an all-around end.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:03 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Clark plays disciplined football and doesn’t abandon his assignment to chase QB pressure no matter what. I admire what it brings to the table. He’s an all-around end.
And he requires game planning. His presence allows opportunities to other players as the offense shifts protection left to deal with him. It opens up things for Jones and Ogbah/Okafor on the other side, and we're seeing some benefits already.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:07 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Dude come on. 100M for a player who “doesn’t abandon assignments?”

You’ve gotta be kidding.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 07:07 AM 09-16-2019

This. Clark brings so much more to the defense from setting the end to maintaining his gap assignment and getting push into the pocket. He’s a big reason we aren’t giving up huge runs over and over again.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 07:10 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

You’ve gotta be kidding.
PB you can’t see the immense value Clark brings to this defense over a 1 dimensional Dee Ford?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:16 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis:
PB you can’t see the immense value Clark brings to this defense over a 1 dimensional Dee Ford?
I can’t analyze defensive players very well. I don’t know if he’s better. I know 1 thing tho: $100M + #1 pick buys me Kalil Mack. Or else I don’t do that deal.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:19 AM 09-16-2019

You’ve gotta be kidding.
There's a lot more to playing defensive end than sack stats. He does all of it well, and the sacks will come. Right now, the first two weeks opposing offenses have game-planned to keep him off their QB. Jax kept a chipper in and got the ball out quick. Oakland played a lot of two TE sets.

That's fine, it means Jones and Okafor/Ogbah/Kpass get opportunities.

He's been excellent against the run, snuffed out screens, and is still pushing the pocket. The numbers will come.

Ford, on the other hand, either beat the LT at the snap or did nothing. He was subpar against the run, and had no real instincts as far as the complete game. He's not a physical player, he relied on speed and beat you at the snap or got stonewalled.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you except that you clearly don't know as much about football as you think you do.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:21 AM 09-16-2019
I can’t analyze defensive players very well. I don’t know if he’s better. I know 1 thing tho: $100M + #1 pick buys me Kalil Mack. Or else I don’t do that deal.
Except you don’t get Mack for that.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:23 AM 09-16-2019
Oaklands offense is getting the ball out quickly Chubb and Miller didnt get him do you guys think they suck? Go back and just watch Clark and nobody else
[Reply]
O.city 07:24 AM 09-16-2019
There's a lot more to playing defensive end than sack stats. He does all of it well, and the sacks will come. Right now, the first two weeks opposing offenses have game-planned to keep him off their QB. Jax kept a chipper in and got the ball out quick. Oakland played a lot of two TE sets.

That's fine, it means Jones and Okafor/Ogbah/Kpass get opportunities.

He's been excellent against the run, snuffed out screens, and is still pushing the pocket. The numbers will come.

Ford, on the other hand, either beat the LT at the snap or did nothing. He was subpar against the run, and had no real instincts as far as the complete game. He's not a physical player, he relied on speed and beat you at the snap or got stonewalled.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you except that you clearly don't know as much about football as you think you do.
He's being paid like a top 5 defensive player in the league. This is a capped league and Clark is taking a monster chunk of that.

IF all we need is what you described, you could have had that for like 1/4th of the price.

No, for what he's being paid and what they gave up, you need all that an the numbers. He needs to fucking wreck games, not "push the pocket".
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:34 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's being paid like a top 5 defensive player in the league. This is a capped league and Clark is taking a monster chunk of that.

IF all we need is what you described, you could have had that for like 1/4th of the price.

No, for what he's being paid and what they gave up, you need all that an the numbers. He needs to ****ing wreck games, not "push the pocket".
No, you don't get DE talent that opposing offenses have to tailor their approach to work around for 1/4 of that.

by the end of the regular season you'll see. He'll have double-digit sacks, and then all of y'all who use that stat to determine a DE/edge player's worth will chill out. Right now, teams are gameplanning to neutralize him, which is giving Jones and the opposite DE spot opportunities. We're making them pay for it, and soon they'll start playing straight up across the line and you'll see Clark getting home.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:35 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

No, for what he's being paid and what they gave up, you need all that an the numbers. He needs to ****ing wreck games, not "push the pocket".
It’s telling that the sunshine pumpers are saying 2 diff things:

1. Just wait till he has a monster 3-sack game so we can bump this!
2. He doesn’t have to have monster games to make a diff.
[Reply]
O.city 07:37 AM 09-16-2019
No, you don't get DE talent that opposing offenses have to tailor their approach to work around for 1/4 of that.

by the end of the regular season you'll see. He'll have double-digit sacks, and then all of y'all who use that stat to determine a DE/edge player's worth will chill out. Right now, teams are gameplanning to neutralize him, which is giving Jones and the opposite DE spot opportunities. We're making them pay for it, and soon they'll start playing straight up across the line and you'll see Clark getting home.
Teams gameplan to take away Khalil Mack. He still dominates. That's what Clark needs to be to make the contract work.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 435
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up