ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Media Center>Terminator: Dark Fate
Sure-Oz 07:09 AM 05-23-2019
Teaser trailer....this is supposed to ignore any movies after T2. I'm cautiously optimistic with Hamilton and Cameron involved. Heard this is some of the 10 min footage from cinemacon where the cgi isn't finished yet.

@Terminator: Welcome to the day after Judgment Day. Producer James Cameron returns with director Tim Miller for #TerminatorDarkFate. In theatres 11.1.19. Watch the official trailer now. https://twitter.com/Terminator/statu...846144/video/1

https://youtu.be/jCyEX6u-Yhs
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:40 AM 11-27-2019
T2 is a shitty movie and not just because you have to listen to Edward Furlong screeching for 120 minutes. No, the reason it sucks is because they turn the T-800 into a joke. How many scenes involve the goddamn Terminator acting as comic relief? He's a ****ing unstoppable killer cyborg from the future and he's doing lame "fish out of water" bits like he's Balki from Perfect Strangers.

Oh, and they also manage to give him this candyass last line:

"Now I know why you cry"

And then sinks himself into molten slag as John "Badass Future Saviour of Humanity" screeches and blubbers like a bitch.

The only time the T 800 should use a line like that is if he's just shoved a canister of teargas in someone's ass.

Anyway, it sucked. But people were too stupid to realize how bad the cheesy comedy elements were until the third movie. Guess what dumbasses? It's the same type of shit you loved in the last movie.

P.S. Robert Patrick was cool and I loved the nuking scene with Sarah Conner clinging to the chain link fence.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 10:54 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
You’re over thinking it. It’s a fucking action film, and a solid one pace and plot wise. It’s not star wars level sjw shit.
I'd argue the film makers over thought it. It's a genre built for males, eliminating all the male leads isn't the best move. It may have been solid pace & plot wise but when you turn off your core audience (males) they aren't going to go to see that the pacing & plot are solid because they were turned off when it looks like just another female reboot. Females were never going to flock to a Terminator movie no matter how many women leads you install.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:07 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
T2 is a shitty movie and not just because you have to listen to Edward Furlong screeching for 120 minutes. No, the reason it sucks is because they turn the T-800 into a joke. How many scenes involve the goddamn Terminator acting as comic relief? He's a ****ing unstoppable killer cyborg from the future and he's doing lame "fish out of water" bits like he's Balki from Perfect Strangers.

Oh, and they also manage to give him this candyass last line:

"Now I know why you cry"

And then sinks himself into molten slag as John "Badass Future Saviour of Humanity" screeches and blubbers like a bitch.

The only time the T 800 should use a line like that is if he's just shoved a canister of teargas in someone's ass.

Anyway, it sucked. But people were too stupid to realize how bad the cheesy comedy elements were until the third movie. Guess what dumbasses? It's the same type of shit you loved in the last movie.

P.S. Robert Patrick was cool and I loved the nuking scene with Sarah Conner clinging to the chain link fence.

They introduced a 12 year old John Connor; levity in such a situation makes sense. Notice we really only got comedic bits out of the T-800s interactions with the kid.

He was hardly a joke anyway. His intro in the bar was fucking awesome, showing up to save John in the mall (with the shotgun in the flower box) was fucking awesome, the freeway motorcycle rescue scene was fucking awesome, “come with me if you want to live” was fucking awesome, neutralizing the entire SWAT and police force at Cyberdyne with 0 human casualties was fucking awesome. He legit jumped from the pickup truck onto the hood of the tanker and just unloaded a clip into the windshield at the T-1000, then ripped the steering wheel causing it to crash.

That movie was great and the T-800 was a fucking baller. You’ve just got some unjustified hate boner.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:36 PM 11-27-2019
Going off on T2 like that is just flat out retarded
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:00 PM 11-27-2019
Sucked.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:18 PM 11-27-2019
Sucked.
Why do you hate America?

Legit classic.
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:24 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why do you hate America?

Legit classic.

Deberg is on your side, guys.

I rest my case.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:59 PM 11-27-2019
Deberg is on your side, guys.

I rest my case.
Everyone is "on our side".

You're the only person on the planet who would argue T2 sucked.
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:33 PM 11-27-2019
You know what wouldn't have sucked? If James Cameron had done a prequel set in the future. An action packed grim and gritty war picture about John Conner and his rebellion against Skynet.

No annoying kids. No lame wisecracks. Just man vs machine in a dystopian hellscape.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 05:08 PM 11-27-2019
You know what wouldn't have sucked? If James Cameron had done a prequel set in the future. An action packed grim and gritty war picture about John Conner and his rebellion against Skynet.

No annoying kids. No lame wisecracks. Just man vs machine in a dystopian hellscape.
They did (although I', not sure how it would be a prequel since the original was set in the present), it was called Terminator: Salvation, it didn't do well.
[Reply]
Mennonite 05:21 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
They did (although I', not sure how it would be a prequel since the original was set in the present), it was called Terminator: Salvation, it didn't do well.

That wasn't James Cameron circa 1990 in "Aliens" mode though. That was some warmed over Transformers shit directed by some douche named "McG.'
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:13 PM 11-27-2019

I would’ve LOVED that

But you’re still a fucking retard about T2
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:36 PM 11-27-2019
If Philip K. Dick wrote the Terminator:

In the future, scientist/revolutionary John Conner captures a Skynet factory and creates a divergent strain of artificial humans i.e. Replicants. He sends one of these new artificial humans into the past to protect (and impregnate) Sarah Conner. John insures his own birth as a human/replicant hybrid. No pure human could have survived the nuclear holocaust. Only a hybrid like John could. The war after Judgement Day isn't a war of Man vs. Machine. Humanity is gone. It's now a battle between machine and something "more human than human" to see who inherits what's left of the Earth.

Hasta la vista, origami unicorn.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:32 PM 11-27-2019
The Terminator is a learning computer though...that's why he understands why thf kid cries or jokes etc

Anyone seen this deleted scene?

https://screencrush.com/terminator-2...computer-chip/
[Reply]
notorious 10:33 AM 11-28-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
The Terminator is a learning computer though...that's why he understands why thf kid cries or jokes etc

Anyone seen this deleted scene?

https://screencrush.com/terminator-2...computer-chip/
I've seen that scene in an uncut version. They cut a lot of stuff out that would have been nice to know 30 years ago.

The freezing of the T1000 caused it to glitch, and it couldn't morph perfectly after that. Also,the T1000 scanned Connor's bedroom with his hands.

Here is a compilation of deleted scenes. The first one is the same as what you posted.

[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up