ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 28
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza
wazu 02:06 PM 02-22-2024

A big development in KC: Chiefs are signing former Bills punter Matt Araiza, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 22, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Townsend hasn't been consistent. For every great punt...he's had a shit one.
Right?

And the guy's probably going to want $4-5 million to stay.

I've been saying we needed to let Townsend go for months. I have no interest in re-signing the guy. And this is a killer replacement who can probably be an upgrade with a little work with Toub. And he's going to be cheap for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:24 PM 02-22-2024
His agent is looking for the best punter ever contract. They ain’t getting that here.
[Reply]
Balto 02:24 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
It's some extra money for sneed or jones. $4 mil there could make the difference
Townsend + only $28M for Jones

OR

Araiza + $32M for Jones
[Reply]
New World Order 02:25 PM 02-22-2024
He's cheap and he's good
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:26 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Right?

And the guy's probably going to want $4-5 million to stay.

I've been saying we needed to let Townsend go for months. I have no interest in re-signing the guy. And this is a killer replacement who can probably be an upgrade with a little work with Toub. And he's going to be cheap for the foreseeable future.
And even if Townsend was Ray Guy-good (which he is not)… no punter is worth that amount.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:27 PM 02-22-2024
Shame to see Tommy go but if this guy can catch and hold for Butker (and I guess there's no absolute guarantee) then it's a no-brainer. Absolute howitzer for a leg.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:27 PM 02-22-2024
Bills fans are pissed, so he must be good.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:27 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) Once he said Spagnuolo didn't REALLY mean it when he's said repeatedly over and over again he still wants to be a HC I just kind of gave up on engaging with him. You can literally find hard proof of something and if it goes against the narrative he's crafted in his head he'll do anything to disregard or ignore it. Completely pointless to interact with him.
Yeah, the dumb ass will argue about pretty much anything and will never ever change his mind.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:27 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) Once he said Spagnuolo didn't REALLY mean it when he's said repeatedly over and over again he still wants to be a HC I just kind of gave up on engaging with him. You can literally find hard proof of something and if it goes against the narrative he's crafted in his head he'll do anything to disregard or ignore it. Completely pointless to interact with him.
He's quite honestly the most frustrating poster to go back and forth with on CP.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:28 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Balto:
Townsend + only $28M for Jones

OR

Araiza + $32M for Jones
This move may of just got us to re sign Jones!! 28 mil was last year but after this years performance his price has gone up. 32 mil seems reasonable for what Jones brings. What a move Veach!!
[Reply]
tk13 02:28 PM 02-22-2024
The two actual questions about him are his ability to hold on FGs because he was the punter and FG kicker at SDSU. I don't know if he has much experience holding. And does he end up taking kickoff duties from Butker? Worst case we have two guys with monster legs who can kickoff.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:28 PM 02-22-2024
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/pla...nty-percentage

Townsend was bottom tier on percentage inside the 20 this year. Also only about league average in yards per punt.

They can do better.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:29 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If Townsend does end up being way too expensive then ok... Great move
Tommy’s agent is Tyreek’s agent. He’s moving to another team.
[Reply]
loochy 02:29 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's quite honestly the most frustrating poster to go back and forth with on CP.

Donger says "whatup"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:29 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
And even if Townsend was Ray Guy-good (which he is not)… no punter is worth that amount.
He was maaaaaybe a top 10 punter this year? I mean Cole has proven to be a set and forget badass - the only real consistent elite punter the league's had in a bit. Dickson as well. The rest are almost always up and down.

Y'all remember Jack Fox? We had him in several years back to compete with Colquitt (or maybe even Townsend). Fox has been better than Townsend the last couple years.

And frankly the difference between the 5th best punter and the 25th best punter means pretty much dick.

This just makes so much sense. Because in the end even if Araiza is screwed up by the year off, there's gonna be some other vet minimum schlub that can go out there and be near enough to average to not make a difference.

And near enough to average was all Townsend was this year.

Let him go chase his record deal - I'm extremely happy it won't be here. That's essentially going to cover the cost of Tranquill returning and there's just nothing but good things to say about that.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 28
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up