ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 48
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Mr. Plow 01:09 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
No, I just think that people love to get outraged about things that don't matter. None of what Larson has said matters. Nothing about Rotten Tomatoes matters.
Agreed. Honestly, I wouldn't know anything Larson has said except that it's been posted in here.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:31 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Agreed. Honestly, I wouldn't know anything Larson has said except that it's been posted in here.
Basically. Idgaf unless they did something illegal or hurt someone in any way physically etc then that may be a reason for me to not support the movie.
[Reply]
Fish 01:11 PM 02-27-2019
No, I just think that people love to get outraged about things that don't matter.
No we don't!

:-)
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:16 PM 02-27-2019
No, I just think that people love to get outraged about things that don't matter. None of what Larson has said matters. Nothing about Rotten Tomatoes matters. Someone's forecast about how much money it's going to make doesn't matter. It's all bullshit.

My position in this thread, as it has always been, is that the movie is likely to be good based on Marvel's track record, but if it's not it'll tank.

I'm just incredibly frustrated that this thread is a shit show that has very little do to with the movie that we're supposed to be talking about, and I feel bad for those who care so much about the opinions of others that it interferes with your ability to enjoy a goddamn movie.

The end.
So you are sick of people injecting stuff that doesn't belong in a conversation about a movie if I am understanding this correctly?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:40 PM 02-27-2019
No, I just think that people love to get outraged about things that don't matter. None of what Larson has said matters. Nothing about Rotten Tomatoes matters. Someone's forecast about how much money it's going to make doesn't matter. It's all bullshit.

My position in this thread, as it has always been, is that the movie is likely to be good based on Marvel's track record, but if it's not it'll tank.

I'm just incredibly frustrated that this thread is a shit show that has very little do to with the movie that we're supposed to be talking about, and I feel bad for those who care so much about the opinions of others that it interferes with your ability to enjoy a goddamn movie.

The end.

[Reply]
BigRichard 01:57 PM 02-27-2019

The end.

[Reply]
FAX 04:55 PM 02-27-2019

The end.
See.

This, right here, should be the preamble included in every movie. Even foreign movies, lifetime movies, and documentary films. It should run after the credits and before the first scene. And it should be slowly scrolled in that cool, fuzzy typeface with sparkles. And it should be narrated by Sam Elliot.

Thank you, Mr. DaFace. Your contributions to art and the world of cinema are appreciated.

FAX
[Reply]
Rausch 01:41 PM 02-28-2019
And that's where you're dead wrong. Marketing matters.

Marketing sells everything from toilet paper to movies. Bad marketing costs millions.

Would you say "it doesn't matter" if Chris Evans was asked about diversity in Cap movies and he said "I don't care what some black guy thinks. The film wasn't made for him."

That's the kind of shit the star of this movie says. Only change black to white.

This type of politics is taking a story about characters who already are diverse, different, hell even aliens who don't care and work together for the common good and changing that to a theme of not only is sex important but it's the emphasis.

And it doesn't matter if that's in the movie or not - THAT'S HOW YOU ARE MARKETING THE FILM.

The comments weren't removed for trolls - there was no trolling. There were almost no offensive or insulting comments on there. There are vids you can pull up where people took screen shots before the commenting was closed. It was overwhelmingly negative feedback based on the marketing of the film.

This was a movie that had a 90+% of people wanting to see it and that dropped into the 20's in three weeks of the star running her mouth. That is interest in your product tanking because of your marketing.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:21 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
And that's where you're dead wrong. Marketing matters.

Marketing sells everything from toilet paper to movies. Bad marketing costs millions.

Would you say "it doesn't matter" if Chris Evans was asked about diversity in Cap movies and he said "I don't care what some black guy thinks. The film wasn't made for him."

That's the kind of shit the star of this movie says. Only change black to white.

This type of politics is taking a story about characters who already are diverse, different, hell even aliens who don't care and work together for the common good and changing that to a theme of not only is sex important but it's the emphasis.

And it doesn't matter if that's in the movie or not - THAT'S HOW YOU ARE MARKETING THE FILM.

The comments weren't removed for trolls - there was no trolling. There were almost no offensive or insulting comments on there. There are vids you can pull up where people took screen shots before the commenting was closed. It was overwhelmingly negative feedback based on the marketing of the film.

This was a movie that had a 90+% of people wanting to see it and that dropped into the 20's in three weeks of the star running her mouth. That is interest in your product tanking because of your marketing.
Na. Still don't care. Still think you are crazy for caring. Michael Jackson was a creep, but I'm gonna stop listening to his music. Kevin Spacey is a creep, but the Usual Suspects is still one of my favorite movies. Gary Glitter is a creep, but I still wish the Chiefs hadn't changed the TD song.

I'll never understand why people seem to enjoy being pissed off all the time. Smoke some weed or something, calm down, and enjoy art for what is is.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:56 PM 02-27-2019
MaDaFace!
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:45 PM 02-27-2019
How many pages has it been since there was any talk about the actual movie?
[Reply]
Bowser 04:53 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
How many pages has it been since there was any talk about the actual movie?
Depends. How many posts per page are you set to? :-)

Here's a mashup vid with the latest teaser/trailers. There's a couple of shots in there I hadn't seen before....

[Reply]
DaFace 05:28 PM 02-27-2019
This might be buried in here, but it cracks me up that they did an hour-long live stream of the cat just sitting around.

For anyone who knows the comics, does the cat...do something? Like, does it talk? Or otherwise is it a character in some way more than just her pet? I'm just trying to wrap my head around why people are so excited about the damn cat (and I have two cats - I'm by no means a hater of felines).
[Reply]
Frazod 07:05 PM 02-27-2019
This might be buried in here, but it cracks me up that they did an hour-long live stream of the cat just sitting around.

For anyone who knows the comics, does the cat...do something? Like, does it talk? Or otherwise is it a character in some way more than just her pet? I'm just trying to wrap my head around why people are so excited about the damn cat (and I have two cats - I'm by no means a hater of felines).
I have a cat named Apollo who looks just like that. He puked on a pile of clean laundry last week. Fucker.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:52 PM 02-27-2019

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Chewie_(Earth-58163)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 16 of 48
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up