ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2856 of 4892
« First < 1856235627562806284628522853285428552856 285728582859286028662906295633563856 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:36 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
PFF had Karlaftis as the 10th best player overall...it IS PFF but landing him at 30 is a good get.

Doink fans are just salty having to watch the first 2 rounds, this and next year...with their collective thumbs up Wilson's ass...the reality of what they actually gave up is starting to sink in.

Watching their most hated rival adding 4 players this year before they even get a shot...and two next year probably doesn't add to their bloated off-season overconfidence.
It’s really simple.

PFF’s board puts stock into their grades. Their grades, while mostly useless, most of the time they can at least tell you ____ is a good football player.

Guys like Karlaftis and McDuffie are going to grade well in their system because they’re good football players. They just have certainly knocks that scare people away from the film.

They’re high floor guys, that at 21 years old, probably have a little more ceiling than they’re getting credit for.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:36 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I noticed you left 2021 out. Why? Also, calling 7.5 sacks "great" is very generous.
He seems to get a lot of pressures which is what the stats indicate. Here’s a Twitter thread with clips vs Iowa

https://mobile.twitter.com/dpbrugler...19949304373250
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:44 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I love how you talk about Karlaftis as if you know anything, yet you’re completely unaware that he’s been seen as a future 1st rounder since his Freshman season.

This guy has been mocked in the 1st round for years. He didn’t just come out of nowhere. Some had him as high as a top 15 prospect in a great EDGE class.

You also avoided my question/post.

You realize that Karlaftis, despite his 5 sacks, still had an elite pressure rate last year, right? Do you understand that pass rush productivity goes beyond sacks?
Of course pass rushing is more than just sacks. Now, can you tell me: the pressure rate you keep touting, is that an official stat that we can use to compare players from different draft classes, or is that something just from PFF?
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:45 PM 04-29-2022
Just to pile on...KC will likely have 3 3rd round picks next year. So KC will add 5 players to the Doinks one...who wont even pick until the 3rd.

Good luck keeping pace with the team that already owns you...
[Reply]
staylor26 12:53 PM 04-29-2022
Of course pass rushing is more than just sacks. Now, can you tell me: the pressure rate you keep touting, is that an official stat that we can use to compare players from different draft classes, or is that something just from PFF?
Why the need to compare him to different draft classes?

This is one of the best EDGE classes ever. You can compare him to the guys in this draft.

But those stats are available for guys like Oweh from last year I’m sure. You just have to dig them up.

Or you can just watch pretty much any game in his career outside of that 1 you posted. He consistently gets pressure. It’s just a fact.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:55 PM 04-29-2022
PFF had Karlaftis as the 10th best player overall...it IS PFF but landing him at 30 is a good get.

Doink fans are just salty having to watch the first 2 rounds, this and next year...with their collective thumbs up Wilson's ass...the reality of what they actually gave up is starting to sink in.

Watching their most hated rival adding 4 players this year before they even get a shot...and two next year probably doesn't add to their bloated off-season entitlement.
I wouldn't say I am watching it, Bob.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:05 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Why the need to compare him to different draft classes?

This is one of the best EDGE classes ever. You can compare him to the guys in this draft.

But those stats are available for guys like Oweh from last year I’m sure. You just have to dig them up.

Or you can just watch pretty much any game in his career outside of that 1 you posted. He consistently gets pressure. It’s just a fact.
I feel like this should be obvious, but I'll go ahead and explain it anyway. Pressure rates from past years would be especially helpful so you can find a player who got pressures in the same way as Karlaftis did and see how that player translated to the NFL. Unfortunately, no one tracks pressures other than PFF, making it difficult to obtain and difficult to compare. It also makes the stat itself less reliable.
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:07 PM 04-29-2022
Just to pile on...KC will likely have 3 3rd round picks next year. So KC will add 5 players to the Doinks one...who wont even pick until the 3rd.

Good luck keeping pace with the team that already owns you...
And after that, the donk show will have to pay the terrible cook $50 million per season.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 01:32 PM 04-29-2022
I feel like this should be obvious, but I'll go ahead and explain it anyway. Pressure rates from past years would be especially helpful so you can find a player who got pressures in the same way as Karlaftis did and see how that player translated to the NFL. Unfortunately, no one tracks pressures other than PFF, making it difficult to obtain and difficult to compare. It also makes the stat itself less reliable.
You're trying so hard to simultaneously shit on a 21 year old and not come off as condescending; it's hilarious

Hey man you do whatever I guess is working for you
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:39 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
You're trying so hard to simultaneously shit on a 21 year old and not come off as condescending; it's hilarious

Hey man you do whatever I guess is working for you
Not really sure how comparing an incoming NFL player to other NFL players is shitting on him, but OK.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 01:47 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I wouldn't say I am watching it, Bob.
Peter Gibbons approves this message!
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 01:51 PM 04-29-2022
Not really sure how comparing an incoming NFL player to other NFL players is shitting on him, but OK.
If I compared Jerry Jeudy to Todd Pinkston, how would that sit with you? You're getting ahead of yourself champ, we haven't seen anything in the nfl from George yet but your'e declaring bust...
[Reply]
poolboy 02:00 PM 04-29-2022
Yes, especially when you are double teamed and chipped at Purdue because you are the big fish
gotta have pressure to sack or do sacks just come by accident?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:54 PM 04-29-2022
At least the spirited discussions have returned... that's a plus.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 04:15 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
At least the spirited discussions have returned... that's a plus.
Couldn't agree more; it's always about minor trash talk
[Reply]
Page 2856 of 4892
« First < 1856235627562806284628522853285428552856 285728582859286028662906295633563856 > Last »
Up