ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will the Chiefs sign a RB
Mecca 03:22 PM 09-14-2020
Supposedly they wanted Peterson but only after week 1...about all that's left is Devonta Freeman and Lamar Miller, so does it happen?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:53 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
This is why you don't have 'football eyes' whatsoever and probably never played the game. They are 2 different type of backs for different game situations. You can't compare Darrell to Clyde.

Good Grief !!(Dane McDouche phrase)

Now with that said, I have no problem with them picking some other veteran up that matches our offense.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:55 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We've got 2.5 on the roster and nothing on the practice squad. If Washington could get a spot over Thompson, he's pretty much worthless.

We need better depth, it's not just about numbers.
Yep
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:57 PM 09-15-2020
This is why you don't have 'football eyes' whatsoever and probably never played the game. They are 2 different type of backs for different game situations. You can't compare Darrell to Clyde.

Now with that said, I have no problem with them picking some other veteran up that matches our offense.
Says the Buttfucking Moron that repeatedly Downvoted my posts pre-draft in which I said the Chiefs biggest need was running back and that the Chiefs would draft one early.

You're never right about anything, you fucking phony.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:57 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We've got 2.5 on the roster and nothing on the practice squad. If Washington could get a spot over Thompson, he's pretty much worthless.

We need better depth, it's not just about numbers.
I'm not going to argue with Reid and Bienemy.

They're obviously okay with Darwin being #3.

Washington is on the practice squad, so obviously they felt okay about that too.

I think they've earned the right for me to not second guess them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:05 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm not going to argue with Reid and Bienemy.

They're obviously okay with Darwin being #3.

Washington is on the practice squad, so obviously they felt okay about that too.

I think they've earned the right for me to not second guess them.
Can't say I disagree with that. Then again, if we do that every time, we're going to run out of things to talk about. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 08:06 PM 09-15-2020
The thing is, they are looking. They contacted Peterson and Fournette, obviously they feel something needs to be done.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:07 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The thing is, they are looking. They contacted Peterson a Fournette, obviously they feel something needs to be done.
Of course they're looking. It's the Brett Veach way to continually scour every resource in order to improve the 53.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:09 PM 09-15-2020
yeah I think the fact that they're looking is just a constant thing and not really an indication that they think there's a big problem.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:29 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah I think the fact that they're looking is just a constant thing and not really an indication that they think there's a big problem.
I think the simple fact that they reached out to Fournette and Peterson's people shows their concern and rightly so.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:40 AM 09-16-2020
I'm with Dane in that CEH can't take all the snaps.

I'd be super surprised if Reid runs as much in 2020 as he did in game 1. Regardless, it's a bad idea to make him field all of the carries, whatever the numbers end up being.

This is Buehler going beyond speculating, but I'm guessing They wanted to focus on CEH to get him up to speed. There wasn't a preseason, and once they figured out Houston wasn't able to hang, Reid played this like a preseason game. I really doubt this is how we'll look in week 8. But I'm thinking the gameplan was specifically to get their first rounder reps. They pretty much know what they have in Williams, who would be my guess for the backup and Thompson is the third guy. Totally unsubstantiated guess is that Williams will have a set of plays in typical gameplans until something changes.

I kinda liked Darrel after Damien got hurt and before Darrel got hurt, but I think I'm the only guy. I'm certainly unwilling to die on that hill. And Dane brings up some really good points about the timing of Damien's opt out. But if they were really desperate, I'd think they could poach a PS player (as long as that's still a thing - I'm pretty sure it is as long as they aren't protected). I don't know much about any of the PS players, but I'm sure Veach does. If he's truly terrified of the prospect of Thompson getting snaps, they'd have picked someone up, stuck Yelder or Thompson on PS.

But I'm not dying on that hill either.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:22 AM 09-16-2020
You know... all this talk about previous Chiefs RBs in this offense makes me wonder...

We've had some crappy crappy crappy backup RBs over the years. Even when our starter was the toast of the NFL, we often had just dumb and shitty backups. His 4 TD Atlanta game aside, what the hell was Derrick Blaylock ever good for? Mike Cloud was absolute garbage. Jackie Battle? Neat name, but terrible player. I really really wanted to like Cyrus the Virus Gray, but crap was he ever a shitty player.

I also think that while Bieniemy/McCullough are some of the best in the business at coaching RBs, and while our pro personnel scouts have hit home runs with Spencer Ware and Damien Williams, I think a huge portion of our success at plugging just about any ol' asshole in as the starter under Andy Reid has to do with his ability to scheme up plays that they are most successful at doing and letting them go to work.

Do you think any of those crap RBs from the days of yore would have been decent if they played in an Andy Reid system?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:26 AM 09-16-2020

That's not very christian of you.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 10:39 AM 09-16-2020
We'll be fine.
[Reply]
R Clark 10:44 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You know... all this talk about previous Chiefs RBs in this offense makes me wonder...

We've had some crappy crappy crappy backup RBs over the years. Even when our starter was the toast of the NFL, we often had just dumb and shitty backups. His 4 TD Atlanta game aside, what the hell was Derrick Blaylock ever good for? Mike Cloud was absolute garbage. Jackie Battle? Neat name, but terrible player. I really really wanted to like Cyrus the Virus Gray, but crap was he ever a shitty player.

I also think that while Bieniemy/McCullough are some of the best in the business at coaching RBs, and while our pro personnel scouts have hit home runs with Spencer Ware and Damien Williams, I think a huge portion of our success at plugging just about any ol' asshole in as the starter under Andy Reid has to do with his ability to scheme up plays that they are most successful at doing and letting them go to work.

Do you think any of those crap RBs from the days of yore would have been decent if they played in an Andy Reid system?
That’s a long list of suck at RB
[Reply]
Shoes 10:48 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

How dare you talk shit about Jackie Battle, in 2011 we went 5-3 when Jackie had 10+ rushing attempts.

Your point is well taken though, Damien Williams was cut from the Miami Dolphins and has been great for us. Spencer Ware flirted with ~1000 yards rushing when he was our main running back as well (cut by Seattle), I doubt he would have done that anywhere else. Andy Reid is going to get the most out of any JAG running back they plug in. I think that's a big reason why some fans here cringed a little at taking a running back in the first round, but we witnessed how potent the offense was back in 2018 when we had a premier starting running back.

I imagine a few careers of players of past would have been different if they didn't have to endure the carousel of shit head coaches.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up