ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Will the Chiefs sign a RB
Mecca 03:22 PM 09-14-2020
Supposedly they wanted Peterson but only after week 1...about all that's left is Devonta Freeman and Lamar Miller, so does it happen?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:48 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
That’s a long list of suck at RB

and most of it is 3 regimes ago, so what does that have to do with anything?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:49 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
That’s a long list of suck at RB
We forget to play the 'it's all relative' game pretty much every year.

All the hand-wringing over the Chiefs O-Line because we don't have 5 all-pros is funny. The Chiefs O-Line is as well situated as all but maybe 3-5 groups in the league. It's a damn good line and we have people freaking out. Every team in the league has to cut corners at a spot or 3 on the OL - the Chiefs are better than most there.

I think the secondary is largely in the same spot. Speaks/Ward is a solid CB pair. The safeties may be the best duo on football. But because we don't have 4 starting caliber CBs (and hell, we just might), people wanted to freak out.

The only position group where we're clearly deficient related to the rest of the league is LB. And yeah, it sucks. Hitchens is an average linebacker, maybe a tick below. Wilson is probably a bit below average but not garbage. And we really barely even have a 3rd LBer. It's just not a great group but it's also our least important area.

And now people are freaking out about needing an upgrade at RB2 - guys, damn near EVERYONE'S RB2 kinda sucks. Sure, there are some teams that have dudes like Mattison, but those are teams that are going to lean more heavily into their run game.

The Chiefs can absolutely get by with Darrel as RB2. Is it perfect? Nah, but it's not a disaster scenario either. As SNR noted - Reid is an artist - you give him a tuba and he'll get something out of it.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:01 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

All the hand-wringing over the Chiefs O-Line because we don't have 5 all-pros is funny. The Chiefs O-Line is as well situated as all but maybe 3-5 groups in the league. It's a damn good line and we have people freaking out. Every team in the league has to cut corners at a spot or 3 on the OL - the Chiefs are better than most there.

I think the secondary is largely in the same spot. Speaks/Ward is a solid CB pair. The safeties may be the best duo on football. But because we don't have 4 starting caliber CBs (and hell, we just might), people wanted to freak out.

The only position group where we're clearly deficient related to the rest of the league is LB. And yeah, it sucks. Hitchens is an average linebacker, maybe a tick below. Wilson is probably a bit below average but not garbage. And we really barely even have a 3rd LBer. It's just not a great group but it's also our least important area.

And now people are freaking out about needing an upgrade at RB2 - guys, damn near EVERYONE'S RB2 kinda sucks. Sure, there are some teams that have dudes like Mattison, but those are teams that are going to lean more heavily into their run game.

The Chiefs can absolutely get by with Darrel as RB2. Is it perfect? Nah, but it's not a disaster scenario either. As SNR noted - Reid is an artist - you give him a tuba and he'll get something out of it.
“Not all of Mozart's paintings were perfect! The end result, though, is that sucker's gonna sell for a million dollars!” - Andy Reid
[Reply]
O.city 11:50 AM 09-16-2020
The jets are awful, flip them a 6th for frank gore
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:54 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Gore is actually part of their depth chart. They'd rather jettison Bell but can't.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:56 AM 09-16-2020
Everyone doesn't like Thompson because he was lost out there a lot last season as a rookie, but he ran hard as fuck with the few carries he got. I'd like to see if he's progressed this season. Lord knows this coaching staff can get the most out of a RB.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:06 PM 09-16-2020
People forget we won 11 games in a row with guys named Charcandrick West who always sucked and Spencer Ware who turned out to be decent. That was with Alex Smith at QB.

Well be alright folks
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:07 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Everyone doesn't like Thompson because he was lost out there a lot last season as a rookie, but he ran hard as fuck with the few carries he got. I'd like to see if he's progressed this season. Lord knows this coaching staff can get the most out of a RB.
I don't care for Thompson because his ceiling is a novelty back and ST player. Him looking lost just exacerbates the problem.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:09 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
WHAT IS WITH YOUR FASCINATION FOR MAKING TRADES FOR SHITTY OLD RBS!?!?!?

At least you didn't offer a 2nd, though.

Again - Mike mothafuckin' Boone. The kid can play.
[Reply]
Toad 12:11 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
“Not all of Mozart's paintings were perfect! The end result, though, is that sucker's gonna sell for a million dollars!” - Andy Reid
He seriously said that? That’s good stuff
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:11 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
People forget we won 11 games in a row with guys named Charcandrick West who always sucked and Spencer Ware who turned out to be decent. That was with Alex Smith at QB.

Well be alright folks
Arguably our worst team of the Andy Reid era was the 2014 team. Injuries to DJ and Eric Berry and a few other important starters. And we went into the season with Mike freaking McGlynn as our starter at LG.

I think there was one game where Charles and Knile Davis were both out. The RB of the day? Joe McKnight. And the weird part is he actually looked really freaking good... up until HE got injured.

There's no doubt in my mind if McKnight stayed healthy that he'd also be a name we remember in that line of Andy Reid backup RBs who weren't necessarily awesome, but they weren't terrible either.
[Reply]
bobhill 12:34 PM 09-16-2020
You Joe McKnight died right?
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:40 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by bobhill:
You Joe McKnight died right?
I did know that. Forgot about it, though.

I didn't mean Joe McKnight would still be playing today. I mean if he weren't hurt, we'd probably remember him like we remember Charcandrick West awhile ago.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:59 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Toad:
He seriously said that? That’s good stuff
https://youtu.be/loDZTXlG_vQ?t=102

Was actually pretty funny. Still not sure if he meant to say that or if he really misremembered that Mozart was a composer and not a painter. Initially I thought he was going for Michelangelo, and just simply brain-farted.

But Andy is apparently well-known for his wit and humor inside the organization, so maybe he was just goofing there for a laugh.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:10 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

:-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up