ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Will ‘Mahomes effect’ get The Chiefs a Billion dollar stadium?
Deberg_1990 07:20 PM 09-13-2020
Billion dollar stadiums seem to be all the rage.

Will the Chiefs and Mahomes popularity get the Chiefs to build one of these sweet new palaces?

Or is Kansas City not quite glamorous enough for one?
[Reply]
BWillie 08:34 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Bulldoze the K when the Royals move, build a big hotel complex with restaurants and outdoor bars that can be easily used when tailgating etc.

Done.
This would be a pretty good solution. Its still in a really shitty non-centralized area though. Its crazy to me they have no entertainment district down there. I'm not a huge tailgater though. I much prefer the urban environment at power and light or an outdoor bar with a roof top than drinking Busch Light in the parking lot in the snow or 95 degree heat. Ive always had a great time before and after the B12 tournament down at Power and Light and watched the Super Bowl at Country Road Ice House.
[Reply]
eDave 08:41 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This would be a pretty good solution. Its still in a really shitty non-centralized area though. Its crazy to me they have no entertainment district down there. I'm not a huge tailgater though. I much prefer the urban environment at power and light or an outdoor bar with a roof top than drinking Busch Light in the parking lot in the snow or 95 degree heat. Ive always had a great time before and after the B12 tournament down at Power and Light and watched the Super Bowl at Country Road Ice House.
Cards stadium is way out there but there is an entire entertainment district, including Coyotes arena, right next door. Always hopping and great fun being there when the game, or concert, is going on inside.

Dbacks stadium downtown has entertainment all around as well as is even more fun. Heck, you can eat at Fridays in left field. Been there a few times and it's super cool.

I imagine Sprint Center is similar. Crank that to 11.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:45 AM 09-14-2020
Deberg thread
[Reply]
kcclone 08:48 AM 09-14-2020
I like the affordable (pre-covid) prices on tickets, so I would be against the idea of a new stadium.

Arrowhead is a great game day atmosphere. It seats 78k and has a perfect set up for tailgating.
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:55 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
There was a certain charm to the bleachers swaying.
No shit, as a kid I asked my Dad why the bleachers were shaking, he told me everybody was excited!
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:06 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'd much prefer some minor upgrades to Arrowhead than a billion dollar stadium.

Ditto!
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:09 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I like the affordable (pre-covid) prices on tickets, so I would be against the idea of a new stadium.

Arrowhead is a great game day atmosphere. It seats 78k and has a perfect set up for tailgating.
It always has and will have the perfect NFL tailgating experience.

Problem is, some people just seem to think you can fix perfect!
[Reply]
Talisman 09:15 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They don't need it. Arrowhead is a great stadium. The weather outdoors is an advantage in the playoffs since they have the most talented QB in the league who can throw the ball very well in horrible weather.
I believe what you are trying to say is he can spin this shit in anything.
[Reply]
Sorce 09:20 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Billion dollar stadiums seem to be all the rage.

Will the Chiefs and Mahomes popularity get the Chiefs to build one of these sweet new palaces?

Or is Kansas City not quite glamorous enough for one?

[Reply]
bowener 09:29 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They'll have the whole complex to their selves once the Royals pack up and move downtown. Keep Arrowhead, build up a fan experience destination around it.
This. And build up public transit to the fucking place. That would be nice.

Unrelated to your comment, but if they do anything because of Mahomes it will be adding more luxury boxes opposite the previous renovations.
[Reply]
Funkstown 10:12 AM 09-14-2020
No. Keep both Kaufman and Arrowhead next to each other.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:17 AM 09-14-2020
Arrowhead is a classic venue like Lambeau or Soldier Field. Leave it be.
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:23 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Funkstown:
No. Keep both Kaufman and Arrowhead next to each other.
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Arrowhead is a classic venue like Lambeau or Soldier Field. Leave it be.
All of this, Truman Sports Complex is iconic!
[Reply]
Funkstown 10:41 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
All of this, Truman Sports Complex is iconic!
Absolutely! It reminds me of Lambeau and Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia combined. That Vegas Stadium? That garbage makes me want to wretch.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:47 AM 09-14-2020
I think the rolling roof idea should eventually happen.

The projected cost in 2006 was $170 million.

I am not a Jackson County taxpayer so it's not my $$$ to spend, but that doesn't seem like a bad deal, considering the likely ROI from events such as the Super Bowl, Final Fours, etc. Arrowhead could have hosted with a rolling roof.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up