ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 153
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
bowener 07:37 AM 07-27-2020
Stop being fragile snowflakes and understand women aren't threatening you or your way of life. Including them in the conversation, E.g. writing, directing, or starring, brings in new ideas and view points. I don't know what it's like to be a woman or understand their day to day life. The more I read from female writers the more I am embarassed by my behavior earlier in life because of things I never thought of or realized. Yes, sometimes the story might be over the top, but I imagine its the same for a woman when she watches something like Rambo destroying an entire village.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:11 AM 07-27-2020
Who cares. Aliens and Terminator were great, and in fact, vastly superior to the shit we're getting now. Because the female leads stood on EQUAL FOOTING with the men in those movies. We didn't need feminazi bullshit.

Remember how badly ghostbusters failed?

Eliminating men to promote women is not the way.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:14 AM 07-27-2020
The prequels, while bad at he time, are now great strictly because of /r/PrequelMemes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:58 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
The prequels, while bad at he time, are now great strictly because of /r/PrequelMemes.
At least the characters are somewhat memorable.

No one gives a shit about a single character in the sequel trilogy.

Except Kylo. The one with an arc.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:50 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Who cares. Aliens and Terminator were great, and in fact, vastly superior to the shit we're getting now. Because the female leads stood on EQUAL FOOTING with the men in those movies. We didn't need feminazi bullshit.

Remember how badly ghostbusters failed?

Eliminating men to promote women is not the way.
It’s just tell a good story. Wonder Woman was really good. And Gal Gadot was a badass, better than the men. Just tell a good story and it’s fine.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:49 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
Stop being fragile snowflakes and understand women aren't threatening you or your way of life. Including them in the conversation, E.g. writing, directing, or starring, brings in new ideas and view points. I don't know what it's like to be a woman or understand their day to day life. The more I read from female writers the more I am embarassed by my behavior earlier in life because of things I never thought of or realized. Yes, sometimes the story might be over the top, but I imagine its the same for a woman when she watches something like Rambo destroying an entire village.
Oh fuck off. Kathleen Kennedy isn't all "women." Calling her out for ruining Star Wars isn't sexist; it's the truth. Calling her out for using Star Wars to shove a political agenda down our throats isn't an attempt to chain all women to the stove. Ever seen Zero Dark Thirty? It's a darkly violent movie directed by a woman and starring a woman in the lead role, and I absolutely love it. Too bad Kathryn Bigelow wasn't the producer/writer/director of Last Jedi; it wouldn't have sucked. If anything, your post is the most sexist thing I've seen lately, because apparently all women need so-called enlightened douchebags like you to pat them on their heads, hold their hands and lead them out of the house so they can fulfill their impossible dreams of becoming directors and studio executives. Otherwise, they're doomed to spend their lives baking cookies, right?

And what the fuck does Rambo have to do with anything? If anybody, male or female, goes into a Rambo movie and is surprised that he shoots shit up is a moron. What Kennedy did to Star Wars the equivalent of Rambo going into an enemy village and spending the entire film knitting baby booties while the enemy soldiers kill everybody.

If you want to be embarrassed about something, it should be that somebody at CNN has your balls in a jar.

:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:05 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
While not feminist specific, the entire Canto Bight sub-plot was pure SJW pandering/messaging.

The issue with Captain Marvel wasn’t the film itself so much as it was Larson attaching a SJW “vibe” to it off screen. She keeps quiet and you don’t see or hear much of anything about the film in that regard.
People are conflating actors and the characters they play? Seriously? I guess I assumed we'd evolved beyond that, but I suppose the old people that threw crap at the actress that played Nellie Oleson weren't so crazy after all.

I certainly hope they don't try to cast Jerry's dentist as a drug kingpin.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:13 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
People are conflating actors and the characters they play? Seriously? I guess I assumed we'd evolved beyond that, but I suppose the old people that threw crap at the actress that played Nellie Oleson weren't so crazy after all.

Well, I was rather young at the time, but I don't recall Alison Arngrim coming off as an aloof asshole in press interviews before the show came out.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:22 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

It was the actress that was conflating her positions with the movie. Muse about her lack of evolving.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:01 PM 07-28-2020
Nominated for the Best Drama Emmy!

It won't win, stuff ass competition, but pretty sweet nonetheless
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:13 AM 08-22-2020

[Reply]
Gadzooks 09:45 PM 08-22-2020
This guy looks like he smokes a lot of that wacky tobacky.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:50 PM 08-23-2020

[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:48 AM 09-02-2020
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/...161139712?s=20
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:40 AM 09-08-2020
everyone looks FAT

First look at #TheMandalorian S2

(via @EW) pic.twitter.com/cTIPAaWktm

— Star Wars Facts (@SWTweets) September 8, 2020

[Reply]