ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cassel's BEST game as a Chief and Haley was Mr. Classy today!
DaneMcCloud 06:30 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel played extremely well today. I was really impressed with his vision and his play under pressure. We've all seen him gradually improve this season, even if it's been one step forward, two steps back at times. I can honestly say that even though I had high hopes with him working with Charlie Weis and expected improvement, I never thought I'd see Matt Cassel play as well as he did in Seattle this season.

And as for Todd Haley, sitting on the ball with 2:00 minutes left in the game was fucking awesome! That's class, Folks, and more than makes up for the Denver faux pas.

Bring on the Broncos!!
[Reply]
Saul Good 10:49 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by tk13:
I think the biggest thing is he just hasn't been turning the ball over.
...or getting sacked. He has not been taking sacks (even though people seem to think that he has).
[Reply]
tk13 10:51 PM 11-28-2010
That's true too... although I think his pocket presence has magically taken a step forward the last two weeks... no idea how you explain that.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:51 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
I was responding to Saul.

He hasn't been "consistently getting better." That's a falsehood. It appears, at least tentatively, that something clicked when he was amassing impressive garbage-time numbers in Denver. He's played well the last two weeks, today especially. Before this, he was average at best, and the staff went to great lengths to hide him.

Let's hope that we're now seeing the actual progression and metamorphosis into an NFL QB thing.
Yep. I hadn't seen any progression from him until the last 2 games.
[Reply]
Saul Good 10:53 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep. I hadn't seen any progression from him until the last 2 games.
Then you weren't looking.
[Reply]
Saul Good 10:55 PM 11-28-2010
Here are Cassel's QB ratings by game.

If you don't see a trend line there, I can't help you.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 10:56 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
How many dropped INTs has Cassel benefited from this year? Yes, all QBs do, but if he were a pitcher, the opponents' BABIP would be unbelievably low.

Denver game for an example of this very fact, and I still point to this game as the turning point for him this season. If that's the case, that ass beating will have been incredibly valuable.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:57 PM 11-28-2010
:-) I have seen him throw 3rd and short passes into the dirt or 10 miles over the receivers head.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 10:57 PM 11-28-2010
The first half of the Oakland game was a dog shit performance by Cassel and his QB rating was something like 119.0.

This is why the numbers have to be tempered with observation.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:59 PM 11-28-2010
The first half of the Oakland game was a dog shit performance by Cassel and his QB rating was something like 119.0.

This is why the numbers have to be tempered with observation.
The Philadelphia game in 2009 is another game were QB rating doesn't mean shit.
[Reply]
Saul Good 10:59 PM 11-28-2010
How many dropped INTs has Cassel benefited from this year? Yes, all QBs do, but if he were a pitcher, the opponents' BABIP would be unbelievably low.

Denver game for an example of this very fact, and I still point to this game as the turning point for him this season. If that's the case, that ass beating will have been incredibly valuable.
There is no such thing as a QB benefiting from dropped INTs. I'm not even going to debate that point.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 10:59 PM 11-28-2010
There is no such thing as a QB benefiting from dropped INTs. I'm not even going to debate that point.
There's no such thing as good fortune/luck?
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:00 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
:-) I have seen him throw 3rd and short passes into the dirt or 10 miles over the receivers head.
I saw Peyton Manning throw as many INTs today as Cassel has thrown all year. I watched him throw 3 last week including one that cost them the game.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 11:01 PM 11-28-2010
For as much as you're claiming that some are unfairly dismissing the numbers, you seem to be putting a bit too much stock in them alone.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:01 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by tk13:
That's true too... although I think his pocket presence has magically taken a step forward the last two weeks... no idea how you explain that.
He's benefitted from experience. The guy really hasn't had that much and is improving the more he gets.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:02 PM 11-28-2010
There's no such thing as good fortune/luck?
How many has DJ alone dropped?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up