ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cassel's BEST game as a Chief and Haley was Mr. Classy today!
DaneMcCloud 06:30 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel played extremely well today. I was really impressed with his vision and his play under pressure. We've all seen him gradually improve this season, even if it's been one step forward, two steps back at times. I can honestly say that even though I had high hopes with him working with Charlie Weis and expected improvement, I never thought I'd see Matt Cassel play as well as he did in Seattle this season.

And as for Todd Haley, sitting on the ball with 2:00 minutes left in the game was fucking awesome! That's class, Folks, and more than makes up for the Denver faux pas.

Bring on the Broncos!!
[Reply]
Frankie 10:06 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by KC kid:
easy to be classy when you win big
Ah :-). Most coaches don't have their QB kneel down that early no matter how big a blowout. Surely McDasshole wouldn't.
[Reply]
007 10:07 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by PostRockPablo:
Actually, you're probably close to the 1,000th to do so.
Well, I just got home so it is the first to me.
[Reply]
Saul Good 10:10 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Pants:
Sure, he was everything we could have asked for when he was taking retarded sacks, throwing the ball 3 yards and into the ground when the receiver was wide open 5 yards away from him... sure. Lord knows I asked for our QB to throw complete ****ing ducks, shit his pants under the slightest signs of pressure and not know how to step up in the pocket. I won't even mention his inability to progress through his reads or not stare down Bowe or Moeaki. I was praying for our QB to be unable to hit a receiver in stride if his life depended on it, I mean the wish list goes on and on...

You and Pawnmower are straight geniuses.
So he hasn't surpassed even your most optimistic expectations for the season? You thought that he would be on pace for more than 3500 yards passing? You thought that he would be on pace for more than 32 TDs? You thought that he would be on pace for fewer than 6 INTs? You thought that he would be on pace for more than 10 wins? On top of all that, you thought that he would be the least sacked QB in the NFL? (He's currently second least.)

What did you expect him to do? What was your best case scenario? You are a f*cking moron.
[Reply]
SenselessChiefsFan 10:12 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by black angus:
I believe the dramatic transformation of Matt Cassel closely mirrors the same improvement

shown by Bowe lately. I've been watching Bowe,and his cuts and moves are much sharper

than they were earlier this season. It's a lot easier to be a good qb when you have an open

receiver to toss it to.
His routes are better, but remember, the defensive backs he is playing against are subpar over the last three weeks, and he has over half his yardage in the entire season in the last three weeks.
[Reply]
Frankie 10:12 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Frankie:
Ah :-). Most coaches don't have their QB kneel down that early no matter how big a blowout. Surely McDasshole wouldn't.
Originally Posted by KC kid:
No, I agree that Haley could have gone full asshole. However, he was up by 18 points. . . . I would be in a good mood too
OK, I take the :-) back.
[Reply]
Pants 10:16 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
So he hasn't surpassed even your most optimistic expectations for the season? You thought that he would be on pace for more than 3500 yards passing? You thought that he would be on pace for more than 32 TDs? You thought that he would be on pace for fewer than 6 INTs? You thought that he would be on pace for more than 10 wins? On top of all that, you thought that he would be the least sacked QB in the NFL? (He's currently second least.)

What did you expect him to do? What was your best case scenario? You are a f*cking moron.
If I wanted to hear what a great QB Cassel has been according to his stats, I would turn my TV on and listen to the pundits. At least they have an excuse - they don't actually watch the games. You're just a fucking retard.
[Reply]
Frankie 10:20 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Funny you bring that up. I am watching the Mannings vs. the F***ing Chargers. I saw them put up a stat on Manning. 8 TD's 2 Int's last 2 games. I immediately said meh, Cassel has 8 TD.s and 0 Int's his last 2 games.
Peyton had something like 4 INTs tonight.
[Reply]
Saul Good 10:21 PM 11-28-2010
If I wanted to hear what a great QB Cassel has been according to his stats, I would turn my TV on and listen to the pundits. At least they have an excuse - they don't actually watch the games. You're just a ****ing retard.
I guess the fact that we went from 10 wins in 3 seasons combined to first place has nothing to do with the fact that Cassel is having the best statistical season in the history of our franchise.

The same people who love to talk about VORP and Zone Ratings in baseball seem to want to discount stats entirely when it comes to Matt Cassel.
[Reply]
tonyetony 10:24 PM 11-28-2010
If I wanted to hear what a great QB Cassel has been according to his stats, I would turn my TV on and listen to the pundits. At least they have an excuse - they don't actually watch the games. You're just a ****ing retard.
You did it...you went FULL RETARD!
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:25 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Saul Good:

The same people who love to talk about VORP and Zone Ratings in baseball seem to want to discount stats entirely when it comes to Matt Cassel.
That's a good observation. I think it has a lot to do with the sample size in football being relatively small in comparison with baseball. The larger sample size in baseball means that statistics can say more things concretely. Plus, the game of baseball lends itself better to statistical interpretation in general. There are a lot more moving parts on a football field to take into account.

Stats aren't worthless in football, but the eye tells the most complete tale.
[Reply]
Bewbies 10:27 PM 11-28-2010
I wish I had a chance to see the game today--spent all day in my freakin car.

Anyway, I hope Cassel continues to show improvement, we're YEARS ahead of the game if he does.
[Reply]
tonyetony 10:28 PM 11-28-2010
Uhmm are you really that fuckin stupid.........do you mute the tv and recite Cassel hate prayers to your cat?
[Reply]
Frankie 10:30 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
I wish I had a chance to see the game today--spent all day in my freakin car.
Take away two Seattle ST's freaking plays and this game was an absolute rape.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 10:31 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
That's a good observation. I think it has a lot to do with the sample size in football being relatively small in comparison with baseball. The larger sample size in baseball means that statistics can say more things concretely. Plus, the game of baseball lends itself better to statistical interpretation in general. There are a lot more moving parts on a football field to take into account.

Stats aren't worthless in football, but the eye tells the most complete tale.
And different strategies affect the numbers dramatically.

In baseball, successful hitters have a consistent approach at the plate (hard up the box, gap to gap, top half and run like hell, etc.), and successful pitchers have similarly consistent approaches. NFL defenses, however, can skew the numbers. Play a cover 2 and watch the QBs rack up tons of yards (in the loss).

So this has nothing to do with discounting statistical analysis and everything to do with taking a more nuanced approach to the numbers, which is a smart approach no matter the sport.
[Reply]
Bewbies 10:32 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Frankie:
Take away two Seattle ST's freaking plays and this game was an absolute rape.
My brother was texting me updates, and I just watched the highlights on tv. I was pretty upset this week--drove through KC 2x, which is 800 miles from my house, both at bad times meaning no BBQ and no football. Lame.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up