ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cassel's BEST game as a Chief and Haley was Mr. Classy today!
DaneMcCloud 06:30 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel played extremely well today. I was really impressed with his vision and his play under pressure. We've all seen him gradually improve this season, even if it's been one step forward, two steps back at times. I can honestly say that even though I had high hopes with him working with Charlie Weis and expected improvement, I never thought I'd see Matt Cassel play as well as he did in Seattle this season.

And as for Todd Haley, sitting on the ball with 2:00 minutes left in the game was fucking awesome! That's class, Folks, and more than makes up for the Denver faux pas.

Bring on the Broncos!!
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:28 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
If he can keep throwing 4 TDs a game and no INTs, you're sold?
Funny you bring that up. I am watching the Mannings vs. the F***ing Chargers. I saw them put up a stat on Manning. 8 TD's 2 Int's last 2 games. I immediately said meh, Cassel has 8 TD.s and 0 Int's his last 2 games.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:34 PM 11-28-2010
If he can keep throwing 4 TDs a game and no INTs, you're sold?
Notice I said "stay around this zone" -- meaning I don't expect him to be "4 TDs/no INTs" good all the time.

JFC, there are some assholes on this board. If I had said "if he keeps this up," I would've been accused of being a hater requiring him to be THIS GOOD every fucking game. You can't fucking win sometimes.

Besides, I've been saying ALL FUCKING DAY that it's more than the stats, i.e., 4 TDS/O INTs. I've been praising him repeatedly for his pocket presence, going thru his reads, etc. If he keeps doing that stuff, that's key.
[Reply]
FAX 08:38 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel looked like a pro quarterback today. He showed more poise in this game than he displayed over the course of the last 20 games combined. He actually seemed to actually go through actual progressions. He was accurate for the most part and demonstrated command of the offense, good judgment, and heart.

I'm not sure how to feel about it, to be honest.

FAX
[Reply]
Saul Good 08:51 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Notice I said "stay around this zone" -- meaning I don't expect him to be "4 TDs/no INTs" good all the time.

JFC, there are some assholes on this board. If I had said "if he keeps this up," I would've been accused of being a hater requiring him to be THIS GOOD every ****ing game. You can't ****ing win sometimes.

Besides, I've been saying ALL ****ING DAY that it's more than the stats, i.e., 4 TDS/O INTs. I've been praising him repeatedly for his pocket presence, going thru his reads, etc. If he keeps doing that stuff, that's key.
He's been "around this zone" all f*cking year. If you want to exclude the first two games (both wins, by the way), fine. Even including those games, he's on pace to throw for 32 TDs, 5 TDs, and 3500 yards. That's just the best season in Chiefs history by a full standard deviation.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:02 PM 11-28-2010
He's been "around this zone" all f*cking year. If you want to exclude the first two games (both wins, by the way), fine. Even including those games, he's on pace to throw for 32 TDs, 5 TDs, and 3500 yards. That's just the best season in Chiefs history by a full standard deviation.
No he hasn't. Not all year. You're going purely by stats, but if you watched him play, he lacked pocket presence, didn't go thru reads, was wildly inconsistent with his accuracy, shaky in the clutch ... everything he wasn't today. Or last week. Or the 2nd half at Denver.

He has improved as the season has gone along. He was blah at the beginning, average in the middle and he's been quite good recently. Today was his best game as a Chief. He doesn't have to be THIS good all the time. His arrow has been pointing up pretty much the last month.

Like some folks here, you're spoiling for a fight. I'm not going to give it to you. I've spent all day complimenting the guy, giving him every prop imaginable. Check the game thread.

I'm not gonna let you harsh my mellow over this win. You want to claim vindication for something, make yourself feel good, knock yourself out.

Plus, you're an MU guy, so I'm not gonna wish AIDS tree-dipped-in-antifreeze death upon you. :-)
[Reply]
RickObie 09:03 PM 11-28-2010
And as for Todd Haley, sitting on the ball with 2:00 minutes left in the game was ****ing awesome! That's class, Folks, and more than makes up for the Denver faux pas.

Bring on the Broncos!![/QUOTE]

Are we still hung up on Haley not shaking f**kheads hand? Really???

McDouche throws Bellie under the table in NE, and we wonder why he didn't shake his hand, because McDouche isn't a man that's why!

Good for Haley! I wouldn't shake his hand either!
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:04 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
No he hasn't. Not all year. You're going purely by stats, but if you watched him play, he lacked pocket presence, didn't go thru reads, was wildly inconsistent with his accuracy, shaky in the clutch ... everything he wasn't today. Or last week. Or the 2nd half at Denver.

He has improved as the season has gone along. He was blah at the beginning, average in the middle and he's been quite good recently. Today was his best game as a Chief. He doesn't have to be THIS good all the time. His arrow has been pointing up pretty much the last month.

Like some folks here, you're spoiling for a fight. I'm not going to give it to you. I've spent all day complimenting the guy, giving him every prop imaginable. Check the game thread.

I'm not gonna let you harsh my mellow over this win. You want to claim vindication for something, make yourself feel good, knock yourself out.

Plus, you're an MU guy, so I'm not gonna wish AIDS tree-dipped-in-antifreeze death upon you. :-)
Siberian gets it, Saul Good doesn't.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 09:08 PM 11-28-2010
Matt's looked pretty damn impressive three weeks in a row. I'll gladly eat my crow pie if he keeps playing like this and lets us look a different direction in the draft next year.

Which leads to a question.... If there's a top tier QB available when we draft in round 1 next year, would you take him if Cassel doesn't revert back to Casshole? If not, and a quality guy of equal draft value was available at every position, what would you take?
[Reply]
milkman 09:11 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
Matt's looked pretty damn impressive three weeks in a row. I'll gladly eat my crow pie if he keeps playing like this and lets us look a different direction in the draft next year.

Which leads to a question.... If there's a top tier QB available when we draft in round 1 next year, would you take him if Cassel doesn't revert back to Casshole? If not, and a quality guy of equal draft value was available at every position, what would you take?
Pass rusher has to be a priority in the next draft.
[Reply]
KCBOSS1 09:14 PM 11-28-2010
I was very impressed. Most impressive play to me was when he spun out of the sack, doubled back and threw for the first down. Very impressed indeed
[Reply]
Pants 09:14 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Siberian gets it, Saul Good doesn't.
To be fair, Saul Good doesn't 'get' many things or at least pretends not to and just trolls.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:23 PM 11-28-2010
I really couldnt care less whether or not my coach is considered "classy".

If our win column continues to get larger, Haley can continue to not shake as many hands as he wants.

On another note....it may be time for me to officially apologize to Mr Cassel.....maybe I was wrong and Pioli was right the whole time.

It's getting harder and harder to argue the stats
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:24 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by FAX:
Cassel looked like a pro quarterback today. He showed more poise in this game than he displayed over the course of the last 20 games combined. He actually seemed to actually go through actual progressions. He was accurate for the most part and demonstrated command of the offense, good judgment, and heart.

I'm not sure how to feel about it, to be honest.

FAX
Kind of like you don't want to find out Santa isn't real? I know what you mean.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 09:26 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel has been awesome these past few weeks. I really hope we've turned a corner here.
[Reply]
007 09:30 PM 11-28-2010
I'll be the first to admit that Cassel was damn impressive today.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up