ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 26
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>Warrant Vs. Winger Vs. Cinderalla Vs. Poison Vs. Slaughter
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 05-07-2009
The Ultimate showdown. Who kicks more a$$ ???
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:25 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
What song was that? I'm having a difficult time recalling much Winger other than "Heading for a Heartbreak."

Of course, I don't recall much technically awesome about that song either.
Listen to Reb Beach shredding at the end of the song (Album cut, not single).
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:25 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Having hung out with both of those guys, I'd take Kip anyday of the week.

At least Kip knows he's a dick and can joke about it.

Lars? Not so much.
Kip has an over-inflated ego, alot of classically-trained and technically-proficient musicians do. I wouldn't say other than that, that he's a big asshole or anything. He's just cocky and he DID take alot of heat for the schlock they put out as Winger, so I'm sure he felt defensive.

Lars' has issues with the FANS, and that to me is unforgiveable. For that reason alone, it's not fair to Kip to compare the two.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:26 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
IM ready for Mr. Big to make a big comeback.
Done.

They've reunited already and are recording another album.

Paul's a neighbor. :-)
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:26 PM 05-08-2009
they had to be good guitarists to not be distracted by the sparkly dud plated komono they were wearing
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:27 PM 05-08-2009
Done.

They've reunited already and are recording another album.

Paul's a neighbor. :-)
Dude, tell your neighbor to put Mr. Big BACK in the box, re-dig the hole in the back yard, and BURY it FOREVER.

He needs to do an instrumental album with Marty Friedman before he does anything else.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:27 PM 05-08-2009
oh..and there was also this band called Little Caesar that i liked from the late 80's early 90's.
Supposed to be the "next" Guns and Roses. Geffen gave them a one million dollar signing bonus and they got another $500k from their publishing company. Those were HUGE dollars back then.

Unfortunately, most of that money went directly into their veins.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:28 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by THISmaqe:
Dude, tell your neighbor to put Mr. Big BACK in the box, re-dig the hole in the back yard, and BURY it FOREVER.

He needs to do an instrumental album with Marty Friedman before he does anything else.
Paul's doing quite well with his solo career (his wife's his "DJ" and keyboardist). Also, he doesn't have a backyard.

Just a view of the city.

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:29 PM 05-08-2009
There was a band back in the late 80's that only put out one decent album and I can't for the life of me remember the name. The only thing I can remember is that the redid Alice Cooper's "Eighteen" as like a bonus track or something.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:29 PM 05-08-2009
Supposed to be the "next" Guns and Roses. Geffen gave them a one million dollar signing bonus and they got another $500k from their publishing company. Those were HUGE dollars back then.

Unfortunately, most of that money went directly into their veins.
Thats too bad. The one cassette i had of theirs was pretty dang good. They kind of had a soulful sound combined with a hard edge.
[Reply]
luv 01:29 PM 05-08-2009
IM ready for Mr. Big to make a big comeback.
Hell yeah! They sang To Be With You and.......uh......did they sing anything else?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:30 PM 05-08-2009
Paul's doing quite well with his solo career (his wife's his "DJ" and keyboardist). Also, he doesn't have a backyard.

Just a view of the city.

Well, hopefully he at least made enough money off of that evil concoction of cheese and hairspray that he can support his guitar habit comfortably for the rest of his life.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:30 PM 05-08-2009
Thats too bad. The one cassette i had of theirs was pretty dang good. They kind of had a soulful sound combined with a hard edge.
it was edgy and new really pushed the envolope
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:32 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by THISmaqe:
Kip has an over-inflated ego, alot of classically-trained and technically-proficient musicians do. I wouldn't say other than that, that he's a big asshole or anything. He's just cocky and he DID take alot of heat for the schlock they put out as Winger, so I'm sure he felt defensive.

Lars' has issues with the FANS, and that to me is unforgiveable. For that reason alone, it's not fair to Kip to compare the two.
I met Kip in the 80's when I took my then young teenage sister to see them twice (Kemper and Sandstone). He was a total asshole. The rest of the guys however (Paul & Rod especially) couldn't have been nicer.

I ran into Kip two years ago.

Dane: "Kip! I took my little sister to meet you back in 1989".
Kip: "Was I a dick?"
Dane: "Yes, you were. And now you're going to apologize".

We stepped outside, called my sister (who's married with two kids) and I said "Hey, I've got someone here that wants to make an apology".

Kip apologized, took a cell phone pic to send to her and we've kept in touch from time to time.

I appreciated the fact that all of those guys could play their asses of (especially in a jazz-fusion vein) but I never cared for the band.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:34 PM 05-08-2009
later on kip played an acoustic set for me and we made love as only kip winger can
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:35 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
later on kip played an acoustic set for me and we made love as only kip winger can
[Reply]
Page 12 of 26
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up